Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Empty Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:15 am

by: Got Game Entertainment

Available from:
    Big Fish for PC

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Rhiannon-curse-of-the-four-branches_feature

Jump into this Adventure game and explore a haunted farmstead in Wales  
    called Ty Pryderi! Chris has been asked to house-sit, and is while the  
    Sullivan's take their daughter Rhiannon away for a break. Rhiannon has  
    been severely psychologically affected by strange supernatural  
    happenings at Ty Pryderi, however, her parents think it is just teenage
    angst. Discover dark secrets in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches!

• Spooky atmosphere
    • Perplexing puzzles
    • Explore a haunted farmstead!
    • Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Th_screen1  Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Th_screen2  Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Empty Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Review from June 7, 2010

This is a true adventure game - no hidden object scenes, no mini-games.

I will not give away the plot, but there are some truly spooky elements to the story that will make any fans of the genre something to be happy about.

The movement is cumbersome and non-intuitive.  You may see what you need to do and where you need to go, but sometimes it's hard to get it done, 'cause you can't figure out how to make the game go where you want!

You have a limited inventory, so you can only pick up the things you need right at that moment, and you have to remember where the rest is.

Hard to go where you want + easy to get lost + hard to remember where things are = frustration.

On the plus side, you have a notebook to keep track of what you're supposed to be doing at any given moment, which is always helpful.  Need a hint?  There are no in-game hints, but you can check out the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/rhiannon-curse-of-the-four-branches-walkthrough/#1

Like any true adventure game, YOU MUST SAVE MANUALLY!  If you forget to save the game before you exit, you're out of luck!

This adventure game is recommended for advanced players and those who enjoy a challenge. Okay

Based on 40 minute demo... I forgot to save Embarrassed

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    heleanthia
    heleanthia

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Empty Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

Post by heleanthia Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:30 pm

genkicoll wrote:Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
    Review from June 7, 2010

This is a true adventure game - no hidden object scenes, no mini-games.

I will not give away the plot, but there are some truly spooky elements to the story that will make any fans of the genre something to be happy about.

The movement is cumbersome and non-intuitive.  You may see what you need to do and where you need to go, but sometimes it's hard to get it done, 'cause you can't figure out how to make the game go where you want!

You have a limited inventory, so you can only pick up the things you need right at that moment, and you have to remember where the rest is.

Hard to go where you want + easy to get lost + hard to remember where things are = frustration.

On the plus side, you have a notebook to keep track of what you're supposed to be doing at any given moment, which is always helpful.  Need a hint?  There are no in-game hints, but you can check out the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/rhiannon-curse-of-the-four-branches-walkthrough/#1

Like any true adventure game, YOU MUST SAVE MANUALLY!  If you forget to save the game before you exit, you're out of luck!

This adventure game is recommended for advanced players and those who enjoy a challenge. 👍

Based on 40 minute demo... I forgot to save Embarrassed

I LOVED this game. 
    You have to be very inquisitive, and look at EVERYTHING....also , yes, have to remember where things are, so I DID keep notes...
    I have played it three times so far..lol
    recommended!!!
    Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 pm

I was still intimidated by adventure games until a couple of months ago, so I might try this again one day.  Thanks, Heleanitha!
    heleanthia
    heleanthia

Post by heleanthia Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:19 pm

genkicoll wrote:I was still intimidated by adventure games until a couple of months ago, so I might try this again one day.  Thanks, Heleanitha!
      No problem, Genki!!! 
    Smile
    I loved the game so much, that I wrote to the developer , begging for a sequel...
    They were a tiny , (only three person team; husband and wife and best friend ) and had intended to do a follow up but had ran out of funds...
    :(
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 am

Hell, I am STILL totally intimidated by adventure games! SOS! 
    heleanthia
    heleanthia

Post by heleanthia Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:44 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:Hell, I am STILL totally intimidated by adventure games! SOS! 
    Oh no! 
    It is really the kind of game which is quite relaxing in some ways; you can putt around, look at things at your own speed, and OFTEN discover things that will be important, and THEN it is really fun, putting two and two together and getting a result. YOu probably THEN move forward in the game..this one is good for beginners, as you DO have a very helpful in game notebook (sort of Nancy Drew ) which tells you what to do(and then nicely crosses off what you have done..)
    If you ever feel like doing a group play , let me know....
    Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank you for your encouragement, heleanthia. i guess you are right... once I feel I'm getting the hang of it.

Speaking of ND... I tried to play demo of Lost Queen, it looks so good. But got stuck almost immediately on the game of Senet in the first 5 mins. I checked through the walkthrough and the you-tube demonstration, but they do exactly what I am trying to do but can't.

Is there something basic I'm missing? Should I be using a keyboard stroke, not the mouse, to try and pick things up? I know that's really basic, but I can't figure out why I would not be able to pick up a piece to play the game.

Would one of you nice people who have this game have a quick peek and tell me what I should be doing please?  SOS!  

I am going useless at these if I can't get past 5 mins in a ND game!!  Embarrassed

EDIT by Genki:  Copied query to appropriate ND thread, HERE.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm