Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Geneforge Saga (1-5)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Geneforge Saga (1-5) Empty Geneforge Saga (1-5)

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Geneforge Saga
    by Spiderware Software - December, 2001

Available at:
    GameHouse
    GOG
    Steam

Geneforge Saga (1-5) Header_586x192

The Geneforge Saga is an epic RPG that gives you tremendous freedom and non-linear gameplay as you determine the fate of a world. Take on the role of either a Shaper, who commands an army of powerful creations, or a Rebel fighting against everything the Shapers stand for. If you prefer to sling magic at your enemies, the Sorceress will be a perfect choice with her vast array of debilitating spells and hexes. Play a free-willed Servile, regain your freedom, and fight the Shapers’ hegemony with your own army. Engage in diplomacy as you work for various factions that rule the world of Geneforge or grind the factions under your heel and take power for yourself.

Each game in the Geneforge Saga offers, a vast isometric world to explore, plenty of turn-based combat, a bevy of choices and consequences, and unique NPCs to interact with. This is one of the most epic RPG series ever made!

• The Geneforge Saga offers 5 games with completely non-linear gameplay with several different endings based upon your choices.
    • A unique shaping system where you can create an army to fight for you.
    • Six character classes featuring the powerful Sorceress and the Shaper, master of creations.

Geneforge Saga (1-5) 367292_geneforge2screenshot_medium
    Geneforge Saga (1-5) 367294_geneforge4screenshot1_medium
    Geneforge Saga (1-5) 367296_geneforge5screenshot1_medium
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Geneforge Saga (1-5) Empty Re: Geneforge Saga (1-5)

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 pm

From the Games, Games, Games thread:

volnole68 wrote:Have you done a review of Geneforge Just? I haven't found an RPG yet that I want to play.  Still looking.

JustTheFacts wrote:I should, shouldn't I? I haven't yet, because last time I played Geneforge was about 10 years ago!! (I don't think I'm exaggerating by much).

It is a nice easy RPG, with turn-based battles (lots of them), dozens and dozens of game hours (just on one of them and there's 5!). You still die 100s of times, but at least eventually you can work out how to win lol. It's very simple compared to what's out there these days. But most important to me is the turn-based combat, otherwise the game would be unplayable (for me anyway)

I snuck a quick peak at the others in the series, and they are all basically the same, improved graphics, minor changes, but all still operating the same way. To me, that's the same as having one long game of 100+ hours! :bouncy:Actually, more likely 500+ hours, considering the time consuming business of dying all the time!  faints

Also, there's the politics. You have to decide at some point, you can't put it off forever, which faction you are going to support. Depending on your responses to the leaders of the sects, a town could be a safe haven or the most dangerous place on the map!!

The other big thing with Geneforge is your ability to create assistants. These 'creations' can have abilities you're weak on, so in battle, you are a more rounded force. And different styles of character have greater abilities in creating power. Usual RPG stuff.

Anyway, I'm loving it, except that I'm getting RSI of the mouse hand and have to take breaks to waffle on here  Elk grin

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am