Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Relic Hunt (HOG)

genkicoll

Relic Hunt (HOG)

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Relic Hunt

Available from
    BFG for PC / MAC

Marcus Jones` grandfather was a renowned explorer and skilled treasure
    hunter. After his passing, Marcus finds his secret diary and goes on
    his very own Relic Hunt! Follow the map to
    deserted islands, full of danger and excitement, and discover the
    fantastic treasures left behind. Enjoy great Hidden Object scenes, fun
    minigames, and tricky puzzles as you explore ancient temples and
    tropical islands!

• Tropical atmosphere
    • Fantastic action
    • Go on a Relic Hunt!

Click images to enlarge

genkicoll

Re: Relic Hunt (HOG)

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Relic Hunt

I am not impressed. The cursor is a machete, and you have to click with the point of the blade... except that the blade is curved, which makes is kind of hard to know where to click at times. If you click incorrectly too many times, the blade (cursor) ricochets all over the screen for about 5 seconds - what a pain! You cannot turn off the custom cursor :(

I always hit the Menu key to pause the game... except you can't do that in this game, or you'll lose your progress on the scene Meh If you want it to save your progress, complete the scene first!

Grammar problems and redundancies... "More harder"?? It was OK at first, but as I progressed, I had to skip the story - just couldn't take it anymore. Better than some of the foreign language games... but if this is an entirely English-made production, they need to fire their proofreader!

At one point there's an octopus in your way. "Find the hand grenade to kill the creature". Not hard, since there's suddenly a skeletal hand popping in and out of the ground and holding a grenade.

Puzzles are find, and skippable if you wish. Find items sometimes by list, sometimes by outline. Find one (just one) hint on each level by clicking on a golden "M" with a small "c" on it. Good thing you don't need many hints in this game! Very messy hidden object scenes, minimal interaction.

There is a more challenging part to the game later on, where you have to solve riddles to figure out what hidden object(s) to click on.

Someone may enjoy this game, but after the awesome games I've been playing lately, Relic Hunt is not for me.

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:23 pm