Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
luvtoread
RenaissanceMom
Frodo
genkicoll
8 posters

Support for Gaming Addictions!

pippi
    pippi

Support for Gaming Addictions! - Page 3 Empty Re: Support for Gaming Addictions!

Post by pippi Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am

I was doing a great job of Not Buying Any Games until I popped in here and read about GOG's deal today ... and the fact that, according to Genki) the BFG Catch of the Week is "excellent" ... ... ...

Looks like I'll start my week with 2 new games.  (Nevermind I bought Farm to Fork the other day.  And it is HARD.)  Skipping St Pat's BF sale.  Just Heretic Kingdoms and Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood; 2 games for $5.98 - a good deal, right?  Right?   da blame(that's for all of you!   HA!  Big smile )

Please rename this thread to "Buy Games.  And Then Buy More Games."      videogaming

Last edited by pippi on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : multiple typos)
    kac

Support for Gaming Addictions! - Page 3 Empty Re: Support for Gaming Addictions!

Post by kac Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:19 am

I got a game delivered by UPS today, so I'm in favor of a name change.
    kac

Post by kac Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:27 am

LOL and my second game delivered by the Post Office.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:00 am

New title, which can be taken in two ways:  Supporting gaming addiction, or support for trying to control our gaming addiction.  I'd say this thread has both! Snicker
    kac

Post by kac Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 am

I don't know which one I'll choose to follow.  Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm

lol~  I'm doing both! Evil Grin
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Well,   I would have to say for me its support for gaming addiction    Snicker    I went over to the
    Steam Week Long Deal  thread--and bought Montague's Mount.   I've had it on my wishlist for a
    very long time!
    The good news is my wishlist over at Steam is getting smaller.   Hmm...
    kac

Post by kac Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:18 pm

I saw it on sale in their weekly sale section.  I know someone on my Steam friends was playing it, but didn't know much about it.  Was good and decided to skip it. 

Of course getting two games today already might have been a deterrent.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Yes, someone at CGC was playing it and Dear Esther, and said it was good, but more an exploration game than anything else.  I'll be skipping it (for now,) too.

Luv, can't wait to hear what you think about it!  Pretty sure I have a thread on that one here somewhere... Laugh

EDIT:  Nope, didn't!  Taken care of~!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Here's something interesting. Steam has The Void on sale for $0.99 EEK!  through the 21st.  Every review I read said that the game is extremely difficult, but gorgeous and interesting.  Might be worth checking out for a buck!

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:30 pm

kac wrote:I saw it on sale in their weekly sale section.  I know someone on my Steam friends was playing it, but didn't know much about it.  Was good and decided to skip it. 

Of course getting two games today already might have been a deterrent.

marianne929 was playing it...is that who you are thinking of?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm

genki, you are going straight to gaming hades, you temptress you! I had to have a look, didn't I? And it (The Void - popular name that) is truly beautiful. Really. Beautiful. So, okay, I even read the reviews where they say it's a really hard game, you know, like, even harder than giving up buying games!  OH! Silly face  

But while I was there, thinking I am safe, because I really can't justify the cost of a transaction for a $1 purchase of a game I DEFINITELY won't ever be able to play. THEN, I see it, a weekly special. Only $4.99. My old friend Geneforge, from the days when pc games meant Neopets to me. Ah! That brings back happy memories.

What's this? There are sequels?!  EEK!  And I can have all 5 Geneforge games for $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OH! Happy bounce 

So, six games later (plus the CE on Sun, and the 3 SEs Mon)....

Yeah, you lot are a big help! Yeah right Sunny

Wub
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Snicker

Well, I did say that the "support" could go either way in this thread!  Either supporting a gaming addiction, or supporting the END of a gaming addiction.   I have a feeling that we're all going to bounce all over the spectrum between the two! HA!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Nup, just going one way, all the way...! lol  Mob 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Well since YOU bought The Void, Justie, I bought it, too... and I'm installing it RIGHT NOW!  It sounds like something I can play on and off when I get a break from packing, which is perfect.  I can't afford to get caught up in another The Walking Dead!

Off to make a topic for the game we just bought~! Elk grin
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 pm

lol. Is a big game, and I have 400 other games to download at the moment, so it is on back burner. Geneforge is already there! Might take a break from betas sometime soon and play these golden oldies of mine.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 pm

I was hesitant to buy as it showed that it ran on older versions,  Not Win7.  It looks good,
    though.
    kac

Post by kac Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Packing for a family of four is a big job.  The games will be there after you move.
    kac

Post by kac Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Just, if you like RPGs, I'm playing Might & Magic X right now.  There are two modes, adventurer and a hard core mode, and I picked the adventurer mode.  The journal is great and the map is grid based and changes color when you've walked on the grid.  That makes it easy to ensure you find everything, though somewhat feels like I'm cheating.  I don't want to give it up though!  I'm only in a few hours, but I've enjoyed what I've played.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:56 pm

luvtoread wrote:I was hesitant to buy as it showed that it ran on older versions,  Not Win7.  It looks good, though.

I have Win 7, too!  The sale lasts for a few days, so there will be time for me to test it out (since it's installing NOW) and let you know how it works!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:58 pm

kac wrote:Just, if you like RPGs, I'm playing Might & Magic X right now.  There are two modes, adventurer and a hard core mode, and I picked the adventurer mode.  The journal is great and the map is grid based and changes color when you've walked on the grid.  That makes it easy to ensure you find everything, though somewhat feels like I'm cheating.  I don't want to give it up though!  I'm only in a few hours, but I've enjoyed what I've played.

That's great info, kac!  I'll make a topic for the game if you'll tell me where you got it.  I don't see it at Steam, and GOG only has through #9 (IX).
    kac

Post by kac Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Here is the link at Steam.  You have to install Uplay from Ubisoft to play it.  A good starter RPG but full price right now.  You may want to wait for a sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750/
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Well darn it!  Wonder why I couldn't see it when I did the search!

Thanks, Kac!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Sounds cool!

I have very limited experience of RPGs, but I used to play the 'real thing' 20 years ago, D&D with paper and pen!!  Snicker 

Other than that, there's really only been Geneforge, a couple of multi-player online games and Summoner on PS2. That's my entire history lol. All of which were years and years ago and used to take eons to play. Now I'm stretching my endurance to complete the bonus chapter of HOPA CEs!!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 am

genkicoll wrote:
    luvtoread wrote:I was hesitant to buy as it showed that it ran on older versions,  Not Win7.  It looks good, though.

I have Win 7, too!  The sale lasts for a few days, so there will be time for me to test it out (since it's installing NOW) and let you know how it works!

Thank you   We\'re Unworthy!

I have Memoria on my laptop and I do not dare  dl/d any other major games until I am done playing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm