Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Redrum 1 (HOG)

genkicoll

Redrum 1 (HOG)

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 am

Redrum
    by: Anarchy Entertainment

Series links: Redrum 1, Redrum 2: Time Lies

Available at:
    Big Fish
    Iwin

2nd Runner-Up Best Puzzle Game of 2008!

Rose sees dead people. Unfortunately her visions have landed her
    in an asylum. You must help Rose to use her psychic powers and ghostly
    visions to solve a series of grisly murders and thwart the plans of an
    evil doctor in this pulse-pounding Hidden Object game.
    Warning: Redrum is an intense psychological murder mystery intended for mature audiences.

• Intense psychological thriller
    • Darkly surreal graphics
    • Solve ghastly murders!

Click images to enlarge

genkicoll

Re: Redrum 1 (HOG)

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Redrum

There is a lot of story, so you probably won't like this if you don't care for that. There is a variety of game play: HOG (list), HOG (outline), collect multiples of one item, anagram and a different kind of spot-the-difference puzzle: You have a picture, and at the bottom are pieces of the picture that you have to find on the main image. It's rather like a puzzle where you have to replace the pieces, except all of the images at the bottom are the same size and shape (like square or hexagon). These scenes are definitely thought-provoking, for they're not at all easy!

Collect roses to get extra hints.

I won't give away even the basic plot, but I will say that this is by far the creepiest game I have ever played. Anyone who enjoys scary stories and likes straight HOGs will probably enjoy this game. I find that the longer I play, the more I get sucked into the story.

As a side note, this game has some terrible puns thrown in, should you be reading the story Snicker

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:13 pm