Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

The Longest Journey - Group Play

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Longest Journey - Group Play - Page 3 Empty Re: The Longest Journey - Group Play

Post by genkicoll on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Oh nooo~! :(  You're still having that problem??  Awww *pouts for luvtoread*  That will seriously interfere with your enjoyment of the game, and that SUCKS!

The Longest Journey - Group Play - Page 3 O9fj
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

The Longest Journey - Group Play - Page 3 Empty Re: The Longest Journey - Group Play

Post by luvtoread on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:28 am

I have to admit defeat.     Overreaction    I just barely got through Chapter 2,  I cannot
    go through this no more.

Those loooooonnnnnnngggggg conversations,    being made longer by  the horrible glitch,
    is turning into torture.    Then when I saw how many more Chapters I had to go,  faints   I just
    cannot take it no more.     Tantrum 
    Its a shame,   as I think under better working conditions I would really like this game.
    I am wondering if the second game in this series,  which I do own,  will be better.
    Also wonder if it would play better coming from Steam  (I have mine through GOG.)
    I know Dracula would not play for me through Gamersgate,   but played great coming
    from GOG.

Oh well,    I started The Raven,  and really am enjoying it so much more.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 am

UGHHH!! I am so sorry you've had such a poor experience. That sucks but it's weird - sometimes I d/l a game and it plays beautifully, other times same d/l but no luck.  Meh

Oh well, I hope you really enjoy The Raven. You've 'earned' it!  Offering
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Awww.  I'm so sorry, luv!  I wish you could have enjoyed it with us, but I would have given up, too, with that kind of problem :(  I hope you're enjoying The Raven!

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Rmom, I remember where the glitch was and how to get past it!

When you get to the scene right before the came crashes, single-click on the exit.  Every time I was trying to run to the next location and it crashed, but walking got me past the glitch.   Once you get past it, you can double-click to run to that location.

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Genki, and thanks! I've been out all day (IKEA marathon shop with DD and her BF  Shock ) so have not had a chance to check yet but will try 1st thing tomorrow morning!
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 am

Sorry for disappearing like that.  I am still playing and I just met the flipper.  I had some trouble with Minnelli and the eyeball.
    Spoiler:
    I had to look at a walkthrough for that and realized I forgot to get the monkey off the garbage heap.
    Congratulations Genki on finishing and sorry luvtoread that you can't play, but that does sound like a nightmare with all the stuttering.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 am

Yes, I did exactly the same thing at that point!  I had meant to get it when I first got back there, but got sidetracked, then totally forgot about it! D\\'oh! 

Glad to see you back, and even more so that you're still playing! Happy bounce

sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 am

Yikes!  Shock   I just met the
    Spoiler:
    Gribbler
    .  That so does not look like a old woman.

Actually when she was trying to convince April to go with her, it was pretty funny.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:57 am

lol~  Yes, I actually really loved that part of the game!
    Spoiler:
    I SO did NOT want to go with her, and I saved the game before I went, convinced that I'd done something wrong to have met her Belly laugh 

sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:20 am

Uh oh, I think I ran into a bit of a problem. I was playing last night and was talking to
    Spoiler:
    Q'aman while he was fishing.  He said the fish weren't biting and needed a lure, so I gave him the candy wrapper.  He thanked me and said he could use it as a lure.  Then I left and came back and he is still fishing.  I don't think I missed anything and I checked a walkthrough and when I left and came back he should have been eating fish instead.
      I checked the conversation log and that part where I gave him the
    Spoiler:
    candy wrapper
    is not recorded in there, so I don't think it is registering.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am

Do you have a saved game near that point?  *Trying to remember if there was another trigger*

From UHS:
    Spoiler:
    Come back later, and Q'aman should have caught his fish.  If not, see what you can do to help the Stickmen with their lunar cannon and try again.

Hope that helps!

sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Genki, Thank you!   Happy bounce  That does helps, because it means I did miss something.  I haven't activated a conversation with the
    Spoiler:
    stickman about any lunar cannon yet
    .  I must have missed something in the
    Spoiler:
    tall trees
    location.  Hmm...
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Yep!  Follow 'em up there!

pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Oh WOW!  Y'all are playing my Favorite.Game.EVER. !!!  (Uh, in case my Avi didn't clue you in.  Sherlock )  And I missed it!  It's so cool to find that you do group plays and things - YAY!

My DH and I are going to play Myst together next month - he can't remember if he ever played it (Wha???   Shock  How do you forget that?!) 

There is also a LOT of dialogue in Dreamfall.  Did you guys know the Devs successfully funded the third in the trilogy through Kickstarter?  Somehow I missed it, so I'm not a backer.   Overreaction (Not that I'm upset,  Rolling Eyes )

Well, just stopped by to say HAPPY GAMING!!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Well we're not finished yet!  *I* finished, but thus far no one else has made it to the end Big smile  You could still join in~!

So how's Dreamfall?  I saw people saying that it has difficult controls.

Oh, and I think I'd heard about the Kickstarter... like you, after the fact. Yeah right

pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:42 pm

I played Dreamfall on console, so IDK about it on the Computer.  TLJ and DF are mine and DH's summer "together games" - wonder if it counts as cheating if I play now?   flutter eyelashes   I saw somebody is playing the Raven - that's on my list but I don't have it yet.  Perhaps I'll look into that and wait on DH ....
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Dreamfall is very different from Longest Journey.  In my opinion, Longest Journey is far superior. 

Dreamfall is controlled with the keyboard, not mouse.  And it's more fiddlier (is that really a word?   Silly face )   to do things. 

Although it's an interesting story
    Spoiler:
    April Ryan is not the central character.   Shock 
    It also leaves you with a lot of unanswered questions.   Gah! 

I was lucky enough to see the Dreamfall Chapter on Kickstarter in time, and made my pledge.  Although it's not due out until November.   flutter eyelashes
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 pm

I'd like to join you on Myst -- I have it, and have never played it -- but I'm going to have to move at the end of May, and I just don't know if I can get distracted by a real adventure.  BUT, if anyone else want to play along with you, we'll get a group play thread set up.  Just post here when you're ready:
    New Group Play Proposals

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:22 am

I am about to re-launch TLJ. DH *wants* to play but is sooo busy. He's doing yoga teacher training and is constantly out of the house. (The plus is I've been doing lots more yoga lately. Smile)

I've also had no time to play anything lately either. But I can sure play faster alone than with him.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm

@genki - We won't start until June, and our timing is flexible! 

@frodo - Oh I am soooooo jealous.  So. Very. Jealous.  Just call me Smeagol and gimme my Precious.
    Is it the Kickstarter release in November or the poor unfortunate rest of us souls release?

FWIW:  I agree with you wholeheartedly RE: TLJ vs. DF.  And so. many. questions!  But DF is worth a play.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Smeagol-Pippi, the Kickstarter states November (although every Kickstarter I've pledged for has not come out on time), but I don't know if that's only for Kickstarter, or for everyone.   Smile 

And I agree with you - Dreamfall is still definately worth a play.   Okay
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:29 am

genkicoll wrote:Well we're not finished yet!  *I* finished, but thus far no one else has made it to the end Big smile  

It was a long journey for me over several months in fact and played The Lost Crown in between, but I did it! I finished it to the end and what a ending.  Didn't see that coming.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Me either, and that's part of what makes it great!  I love it when they make things NON-predictable!

Congrats on finally finishing?  Are you interested in joining us for the Memoria group play?  We're looking at starting in mid-July, after I move.

sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 am

Congrats on finally finishing?  Are you interested in joining us for the Memoria group play?  We're looking at starting in mid-July, after I move.

Thanks Genki.  I would love to join you guys in playing Memoria, but I have to see about getting the game as It is one I don't have.

Good luck on your move and very glad your were able to find a home that made your whole family happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:37 am