Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+2
RenaissanceMom
genkicoll
6 posters

The Longest Journey - Group Play

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

The Longest Journey - Group Play - Page 2 Empty Re: The Longest Journey - Group Play

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:52 am

genkicoll wrote:
    luvtoread wrote:The only problem I seem to be having with the game is the voices.   They "stutter",
    repeating a word over and over.

You can try deselecting High Quality April Model, or turn off Special Effects or Shadows.
    Good point! I hope that helps.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Longest Journey - Group Play - Page 2 Empty Re: The Longest Journey - Group Play

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:11 pm

I have made it there, Rmom Sunny  I've only talked to a couple of vendors thus far, though.  I'm hoping to get back to it in a few minutes here (after I put on some laundry Wink  )
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 pm

So far (I have the game from GOG) when the box pops up  I have clicked on Advance,
      then clicked on "Enable W/Buffer"  And "Force Single Buffer".     That actually did help some,
      but I will also try those two you mentioned.

I have been all over to

spoiler:
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 pm

LOL yes Luv, but I did warn you about it and IIRC this really is the worst (= stupidest) puzzle in the game.  Silly face
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:59 pm

I have arrived at
    spoiler:

Will try again tomorrow,   not sure if I can finish playing it as it keeps freezing up and
    doing that "stuttering".   Really rather annoying.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Oh, man!  Well, you could try deselecting High Quality April Model, and turn off Special Effects, High Quality Video, AND Shadows.  I want you to be able to play!

I just finished talking to Flipper
    Spoiler:

We had an Army of Darkness (aka Evil Dead 3) reference!  "Shop smart.  Shop S-Mart."  Woohoo~! Happy bounce  Made me so happy!  I LOVE that movie!  Bruce Campbell is such a hoot!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:18 pm

I just started Chapter 4 a few minutes ago.
    Spoiler:
    Laugh
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:28 pm

I am still in chapter 1. I didn't get to play yesterday as my DH wanted to clean out the basement.   Rolling Eyes 

I Can't seem to find my timecard so I can get paid.  I am loving the game and I don't mind if it is talkative, because that is how you learn about the people and the story. 

Also, how do I do spoilers here.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi there! I'm still in chapter 2 as I couldn't play at all today and actually am leaving to go to a show in a few minutes so won't get to play till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

Well done, Genki! What do you think of the game so far?

Sunshinej, if you want your timecard
    Spoiler:
    Tricky, no?

To write spoilers, you can choose the spoiler icon from your posting menu (it's the 11th option from the left), or you can write your spoiler within these brackets -> [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] without any spaces.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Don't worry about me getting ahead -- I had Friday off because of the snowstorm, then of course the weekend.  Once I get back to work, I'll be lagging far behind! Laugh

I'm finding the game very engaging.  I've gotten stuck a couple of times because I'd missed something, but luckily, I'm catching most things the first time around!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Holy cow...!  At the end of chapter four
    Spoiler:

Just started chapter five.  This stopped feeling like Crystal Valley a looooong time ago!
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:28 am

Thanks RMom  Smile   I found the
    Spoiler:
       I read it, but I was accessing it from the options tab and didn't check it out in my inventory.  Oops!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 am

genkicoll wrote:Holy cow...!  At the end of chapter four
    Spoiler:

Just started chapter five.  This stopped feeling like Crystal Valley a looooong time ago!
    Hahahahaha! Love that scene!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 pm

In chapter 4 I was having a helluva time finding the darned library, and UHS was no help, so I had to go to a walkthrough to figure it out Rolling Eyes  Turns out I had missed seeing some stairs (they're HARD to see!)

So, in doing so, I found an... Easter Egg, I think!  It mentioned where to use that silly leaf that we've been carrying around since the game first began!

HINT #1:
    Spoiler:

Still don't know what to do with it?

HINT #2:
    Spoiler:

Can't find the right place?

HINT #3:
    Spoiler:

Doing this will will unlock the Book of Secrets, which we can see on the Main Menu page.  I haven't looked inside yet, but it's nice to know that I'll be able to!  You may not be able to get back to this area once you finish Chapter 5 (not sure!) so keep an eye out!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Ooh, never even knew about that easter egg! Clever you, finding that!  Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Holy cow, I'm to chapter 10 (of 13) now! OH!  I've scarcely been able to drag myself away from it today, pausing only to eat (by necessity Laugh  ) dig my car out of the snow so I can go out in the morning, and do a bit of laundry.

Dang!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:57 am

Wow, Genki, you are really whizzing through it !!
    I haven't been able to play further b/c school's been super busy and draining. I *had* to get to bed around 9:30 last night - a first for me!! - but at your rate you will be done before I even pick it up again.  OH!  Belly laugh 

I assume you're enjoying it.  Wink  It really takes you everywhere doesn't it. I love the mix of gritty urban realism with archetypal fantasy, but it's a real, fleshed-out story. With NO shooting !!!  Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 am

Yes, I'm really enjoying it, and like you said, it takes you everywhere!  Sadly (but also good) it's back to school for the kids and to work with me today.  I'm soooo tired from digging the snow out from behind the car so I can make it to the street, but glad I did it yesterday, instead of hoping for it to melt off, for it's still really deep out there in my yard!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Gah!  Chapter 12 was a PITA! >_<  It's the only part of the game that I didn't really love.  SO, now I've gotten to Chapter 13, the final part of the game.  I haven't actually started yet, and I'm going to wait 'til tomorrow night to try.

I really don't want it to end!
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 am

After some difficulty with the
    Spoiler:
     (Wow! that was tough and I finally gave up) and some early nights.  One night I went to   G\'night!  at 7:30!! I was just so sleepy.  I just finally made it to
    Spoiler:
    .  I haven't looked around properly yet, just talked to the
    Spoiler:
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 am

Ahh, you've barely hit the good stuff!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Wow... I'm done! OH!

Until y'all catch up with me, all I can say is, "I MUST get Dreamfall!"
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:46 am

Wow, I'm impressed!  We\'re Unworthy!   That's a LOT of playing - good for you!
    I haven't been able to play for a while but then I hit a glitch where my game keeps shutting down at the same place.  Gah!  I will play with it a bit this weekend but may have to redownload.

I have to apologize for all the talking. Replaying it with DH is making me aware just how chatty it really is; normally when I play it I zoom through. Well, as much as one can zoom in this game.  Snicker  I adore the story and am in awe of the love and dedication that went into this game's creation. DH is enjoying it too but I'm getting a little eyeball-rolling from him about the chit-chat.  Whistle

The story is rich with religion, politics and plenty of intrigue, and the characters! Even when they appear briefly they're fully fleshed and interesting, and each has a backstory... Warren Hughes, Flipper Burns, Brian Westhouse, etc.

Would love to know your take on the game.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:59 am

Oh, I had that same problem!  Let's see... I did something that allowed me to get past it, what was it... ?  Can you remind me what the spot is and exactly what you're doing that causes the crash?  Maybe that will jog my memory!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi everyone.    I didn't drop out of the game.   This week I just haven't had the ambition
    to play when I got home from work.
    The last time I played I had reached

spoiler:

I finally went back to talk to

spoiler:

Well----that was the longest conversation... Loopy ....because  the "stuttering"
    was happening every other word!!
    I kept hitting escape and clicking my mouse just to end my torment.     pullhair 

I have time off now,  so I am going to tackle this and finish it  NO MATTER WHAT!!    Two thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm