Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play

Post by genkicoll on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:02 am

I've finished the main game and am heading off to bed, as well Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play - Page 2 299503511  I'll return to Shiver for the Bonus Play after work tomorrow.

Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play - Page 2 O9fj
    volnole68
    volnole68

Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker Group Play

Post by volnole68 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks Genki.  I'm glad to know about the chapters.  I finally got out of the hospital.  Boy, can this game make me feel dumb! I can't believe I miss stuff so much.  LOL

Taking a break before I start the next chapter.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 am

Have just finished the se game, I don't have the CE for this series. Never seemed worth it. I loved the finish just as it was, I don't even want to KNOW what I think I know anyway, about how the CE ends.

I did enjoy the game. I find the oh spoiler I suppose but not really

Spoiler:
    The feelings he has for the girl touching but also confusing. How did he know her as a child? HE isn't you-know-who, and he doesn't come from this town, so wah???
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Made it to hospital.    I had forgotten   about what a PITA some of the HO's are!!
    I am realizing how far I've come playing these games.  A good thing,  I believe.
    I am not as clueless playing as I used to be.

I cannot for the life of me accomplish a spoiler,  it just eludes me,   Cry   so I will  avoid
    saying anything that is a spoiler.     Oops!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Did you read the instructions in the first post?  If you don't "get" the spoiler tags, you can always change the color of the text to a light blue, so we have to highlight to read it Smile

Justie, in regards to your spoiler
    Spoiler:
    He DID know Christie when they were younger, but she probably moved away (to this town) when she was still a child

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:43 pm

genki - You think that's it? I just never understood and it still doesn't feel right.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Definitely! 
    Spoiler:
    Or maybe HE's the one that moved away!  He knew her; has a picture of them together when they were kids!  The game leaves it up to us to decide how they knew each other back then, but consider this:  They couldn't have known each other as teens or adults, or he'd have recognized her when he picked her up.

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:36 pm

I always felt that was unsatisfyingly unclear

Spoiler:
    I felt as if the romantic feelings he had towards her all seemed to come from that one brief meeting and his feeling of deja vu, rather than anything real. Either way, tho, it's a touching part of the story, this soft yearning for her. The need to find her. His sad acceptance of the inevitability of her being a ghost. Poignant stuff for a simple HOPA
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Do we know in what year this game takes place?
    Spoiler:
    All those people died in 1963, and Christy was at least a teenager then, so if she and the playing character knew each other as children in the '50s and he seems to be a youngish man still - or is he? - then the game is supposed to take place, when- in the 80s, maybe?
    This part is very vague to be sure.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I wrapped up the game (yay!) and as usual with CEs I found the bonus play lacking and preferred the SE ending. This could also have a little to do with the fact that as these games progress they rely on HO scenes more frequently and I start to get a bit bored of them.

Yes there were some unanswered questions but I don't mind; it's all part of the mystery.  Ghost
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm

That's why I prefer not to know, in this case, what happened in the bonus. Everything is so mysterious in this one, an ambiguous and mysterious ending suited it.

Not like Shiver 2, where it's much more of a whodunit and I needed to know, well, so whodunit? Snicker 
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am

Luvtoread, I totally agree about the HO scenes.  I have to keep taking breaks as I get so tired of the HOs.  I'll hopefully finish this morning.  I have the SE version.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 am

The thing about the bonus chapter of this Shiver is that it has one of the scariest entry scenes I've ever seen on a casual game!  Horrifying!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 am

damn! well, that just sucks!

I been up all night and all day and all night again, fixing my darn review database after totally stuffing it up, so thought I'd wait around and see your reaction to the new game. There's trouble in bfg about it.  Snicker 

(But I did get a much cooler database out of my marathon. Can sort by all sorts of things now and keep better track.)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:15 pm

Trouble at BF with MKFTP IV?  Interesting... Huh?

EDIT:  Sorry, back on topic, now!

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:23 pm

genkicoll wrote:Trouble at BF with MKFTP IV? 
    Well I'll be! Pennmom36 gave it 5 stars - who'da thunk?!?  OH!  Snicker
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm still working on the bonus content.  Slow going because I've been unable to concentrate.

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Now, there'sa surprise! lol
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Isn't that the truth Just!

I am very close to the end but RL interfered yesterday and today.  Then I had to restore my computer and lost the game.  I'll have to download it again in order to finish.   Cry   Just too worn out to do that tonight!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Oh noooo~! Cry  I'm so sorry to hear that, volnole!  Your poor computer!

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm

I finished up the game.   I must admit,  I enjoyed the game,  but I am just not a fan
    of HO' s.
    Now,  what I am curious about.   The ending left it as if it could be continued.
    Does the Bonus in the CE do that?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 pm

It does.  I'm playing the bonus now, and I'll be putting the REAL ending of the story in a spoiler in my review Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:05 am