Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

5 posters

Fallout 1 Group Play

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fallout 1 Group Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout 1 Group Play

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Some tips from Cuddles:

When you go up levels you allocate those points.  Every few levels you get to pick another attribute for your character.    One of the skills you can chose is the First Aid skill (am cheating and found this on the net).  You can use that to heal yourself by the way.   Resting also heals but sometimes you will be interrupted by villains.  There are also potions etc that you can find in the game.

There is a beginning "simulation" in the manual that gives you a start up on the game - how combat and how movement works.

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/fallout/download/3876/    this is the manual in pdf form if you don't have it

When you get to character creation, decide whether to make a character or take one of the premade ones.  It is a great idea to start with a premade one and even set the difficulty level to wimpy and get to know the game.  Then you can restart or not as you want too

I quite like this faq

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197289-fallout/faqs/11840

It seems to be a simple start.

Here are the controls:

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=6460&tab=controls

Thanks, Cuddles!
    Cuddlefish

Fallout 1 Group Play - Page 2 Empty Action Points

Post by Cuddlefish Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:14 am

When you run out of action points for your turn, you run out.  You can equip some armor/clothes/ maybe even weapons that you can find or buy that will add to your action points.  Part of what you need to think about when you are in action point mode, is trying to attack but to also get  your character to a physical spot that will make your opponent use points to get to you so that the villain can't use those points to hurt you.  It adds some more strategy to the combat, actually.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 am

Ohh, good point!  I hadn't even thought of that!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 am

I'm hopeless, I haven't been doing anything on this! Been feeling a little off my game last few days and sticking to the betas. And Shiver, which was nice, because I didn't need to review it.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:49 pm

I've been "off", too, with my health, and that makes it hard to learn something new.  I won't lie -- I'm intimidated -- but I'm not giving up!  I'm sure that once I figure things out, I'll love it!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:37 pm

genkicoll wrote:I've been "off", too, with my health, and that makes it hard to learn something new.  I won't lie -- I'm intimidated -- but I'm not giving up!  I'm sure that once I figure things out, I'll love it!

Ditto!!  Elk grin on everything!
    kac

Post by kac Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 am

How is the game going.  I've been thinking about you two playing it.  I never made it out of the cave, but Morrowind is very time consuming and is taking all my game time.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:03 am

I know someone who spent years enjoying Morrowind, so I'm not surprised!  I haven't come back to it yet because I've been under the weather and having trouble concentrating... It took me, what, five days to completely finish Shiver? Laugh  I am NOT giving up, I'm going to work on this and TLJ at the same time!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 am

I'm hanging in too, but by the fingernails. Still feeling intimidated. Will get there though!  Big smile 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:05 pm

I was thinking about Fallout today, and realized that I learn new things best by example.  I learned how to play Civilization and Warlock: Master of the Arcane (among many others) by watching my dad play, so it occurred to me that maybe looking on youtube would help.

This video doesn't really give us any good information until about 10 minutes in (unless you choose to create your own character, which I'm not doing.)

It tells us how to run (Wahoo!  So nice!) and how to speed up combat, and that's about it Silly face

To continue with walkthrough commentary by this person, you can search for "Fallout 1 (P2) Walkthrough HD," then (P3), (P4), etc.

At the very least, it was nice to learn how to speed things up!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am