Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Favorite Game Characters

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Favorite Game Characters Empty Favorite Game Characters

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Trinity over at The Pub posted a topic, "If you were having a dinner party," asking If you were having a dinner party and could invite up to 5 characters from computers games, who would you invite and why?

I'm absolutely going to go answer Trin's question over at The Pub, but since we're on the subject... it got me to thinking, "Which characters are my favorites?  Which are other people's favorites?"  I have trouble remember game characters, and if we have a thread here, maybe I'll remember to mention them when I'm playing the games!

SO, some of my favorite game characters, and what I like about them:

Mona De Lafitte from A Vampyre Story:
    Favorite Game Characters Vampyr10 LOVE the quirky design, and while Mona is naive and quite the airhead, she is certainly entertaining! Snicker

Benny from Dreamscapes
    Favorite Game Characters Dreams10 My favorite gaming sidekick!  He's adorable, unpredictable, and may bite your hand off at any time!  Gotta love his edge!

Dahlia from Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight
    Favorite Game Characters Dying_10 She's a bit too fashion-oriented for my tastes, but she has REAL personality, and her kick-ass attitude can't be beat!

C. Auguste Dupin from the Dark Tales: EAP series
    Favorite Game Characters Dark_t10 What's not to like?  Tall, dark, handsome, intelligent, and highly moral.  I actually think he'd be a great match for Dahlia, BUT would instead pair him up with:

Erica Reed from the Cognition series
    Favorite Game Characters Cognit10 I've only played the first chapter of this four-part series, so if a love interest shows up later, don't tell me!  I think that Dupin would be a calming influence on her tortured heart, they share a profession, and he's certainly something to look at!  For her part, Erica is a dedicated detective, and those she loves, she cares for deeply.  Add in her psychic powers and you have a fascinating character.

The Ghost in the Sheet
    Favorite Game Characters Ghost_10 His dry, tongue-in-cheek humor that absolutely cracks me up.  I'll be giving the game another try despite the somewhat-clunky interface and difficulty factor.  SO funny!

Peppita Rosetti from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2 game)
    Favorite Game Characters Star_o10 I loooove Peppita, she's my favorite character, right behind Cliff.  Why do I love her?  Let me count the ways!  She's absolutely adorable, sweet as can be, incredibly talented... and doesn't take any crap.  She's one of the best fighters in the game, and when I get the chance, I add her to my party every time Big smile

Sarah Meiville from The Gift
    Favorite Game Characters The_gi11 Another psychic detective?  You bet!  I admire her courage, dedication, morals, and of course, her gift.

Lilly from Lilly Looking Through
    Favorite Game Characters Lilly_10 You gotta love Lilly!  Adventurous and brave, she's going to do what it takes to save her brother!  She's also cute, which doesn't hurt Wink

The critters from Botanicula
    Favorite Game Characters Botani10 They're cute, inventive, and work great as a team.

The robot from Machinarium
    Favorite Game Characters Machin10 Cute?  Again?  Yep!  Sometimes cute works, and this is another of those cases.

Hari from the Tiger Eye games
    Favorite Game Characters Tiger_10 Mmmm... I think I'll just keep this one for myself.  Strong, dedicated, and an incredibly good person, he can sit right here next to me Evil Grin
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Favorite Game Characters Empty Re: Favorite Game Characters

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 pm

How about the incomparable, smart and sassy April Ryan?
    Favorite Game Characters April

Although she's not a major character, I love Fiona, April's landlady. What a character!!  Big smile 
    Favorite Game Characters Fiona_image

Last edited by RenaissanceMom on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 pm

There's Nancy Drew, but:
    A) since her games are 1st person we don't know for sure what she looks like, and
    B) I wouldn't invite her anyway -- too prim and prissy!  Belly laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Well, the dinner question is Trin's -- MY question is just, "Who are your favorite game characters and why?"

I need to play The Longest Journey, I haven't done that yet... OR the Syberia games! Embarrassed  I'll think about it after we finish Vampyre.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 pm

From Grim Fandango there's Manny Calavera, of course...
    Favorite Game Characters 454927-grimfand1

along with Meche...
    Favorite Game Characters Meche2

and of course Glottis!
    Favorite Game Characters Glottis

Why am I including them? Because they are wonderful, rich and unforgettably wonderful characters from a great game/story!

Last edited by RenaissanceMom on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:08 pm

And how could I forget?! Also from The Longest Journey there's the wise and mysterious Cortez..
    Favorite Game Characters Cortez_render
    ..who turns out to be even more mysterious than we could imagine! He may not be much to look at, but he is incredibly crucial to April's story.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Ahh, the fabulous Tales of Monkey Island! Who wouldn't I include from this game?
    The stars are our pirate hero Guybrush Threepwood and his lovely pirate wife Elaine (here afflicted with the Pox of LeChuck)
    Favorite Game Characters MonkeyIslandPart4

But there's also Guybrush's charming but determined nemesis, the pirate hunter Morgan Leflay
    Favorite Game Characters Morgan-leflay

And, among the LARGE cast of truly memorably written and portrayed characters there are the, ahem, delightfully androgynous merfolk
    Favorite Game Characters Merfolk
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Have to include one of my all-time *favorite* couples, George Stobbart and Nico Collard of the Broken Sword series:Favorite Game Characters Bshead
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:29 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:*clip* Cortez

..who turns out to be even more mysterious than we could imagine! He may not be much to look at, but he is incredibly crucial to April's story.

Not much to look at?  I was just thinking that he's quite handsome! Sunny

Have you done any voting to get games on to GOG?  VOTE to Get Games at GOG
    I've never played Grim Fandango, and I don't think anyone even has it available anymore!  I'd love to check it out... and I'm going to have to get the Tales of Monkey Island one of these days, too!  I'm really enjoying Vampyre, and I know you've said the Monkey Island ones are much better!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Well Cortez isn't supposed to be bad-looking per se, just..old. But he's wonderful!

Yes of course I voted at GOG.  Happy bounce  If you ever get Tales of Monkey Island I would LOVE to replay it with you!!! That goes for The Longest Journey too, and Broken Sword!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Since you brought up Syberia, here's the cast, with Hans Voralberg, Kate Walker and Oscar the automaton taking central positions:Favorite Game Characters Personnages_jeux_syberia
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Broken Sword?  I'll make topics so that I don't forget, thanks!  I don't have those.  I'll do Longest Journey next.  Let's see if anyone else is wanting to join in and we can work out a date to start!  First things first, Broken Sword topic, then bed!  It's gettin' late for me to be up (kids, school, work... ya know Wink  )

EDIT:  Which Broken Sword game?  All of them?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:21 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:Although she's not a major character (in The Longest Journey), I love Fiona, April's landlady. What a character!!  Big smile 
    Favorite Game Characters Fiona_image

Oh I loved her, too!  What a character, indeed! Snicker
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:There's Nancy Drew, but:
    A) since her games are 1st person we don't know for sure what she looks like, and
    B) I wouldn't invite her anyway -- too prim and prissy!  Belly laugh
     Happy bounce  Was thinking the same thing.   Belly laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:22 pm