Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Castle of Illusion (Platformer)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Castle of Illusion (Platformer) Empty Castle of Illusion (Platformer)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Castle of Illusion - Starring Mickey Mouse
    by Sega - "reimagining" for PC Sept. 2013

Available at:
    GamersGate
    Steam

Castle of Illusion (Platformer) DD-COI

Mickey Mouse returns to star in Castle of Illusion, a fantastical reimagining of the Sega Genesis classic. With all-new HD graphics and gameplay, Castle of Illusion brings Mickey and his world to life in this magical Disney adventure! When the evil witch Mizrabel kidnaps Minnie, it’s up to Mickey to brave the dangers of the Castle of Illusion to rescue Minnie. Gather your courage and traverse enchanted forests, take on hordes of rebellious toys and navigate mazes of living books. Play as Mickey and save Minnie from Mizrabel’s evil clutches!

- Play as Mickey Mouse in this reimagining of the classic Sega Genesis.
    - Experience a world of wonder, brought to life with all-new graphics and magical adventures.
    - Journey across five magical worlds filled with Mizrabel’s powerful minions.
    - Complete hidden challenges to customize Mickey with classic costumes!
    Castle of Illusion (Platformer) 371795_28050screenshot_10_28_54_updated_medium
    Castle of Illusion (Platformer) 371797_28194coi_screenshots_price_01_medium
    Castle of Illusion (Platformer) 371799_28196coi_screenshots_price_03_medium

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Castle of Illusion (Platformer) Empty Re: Castle of Illusion (Platformer)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Yes yes... I bought this today.  It's the Daily Deal at GamersGate today, and for $5.10, I couldn't pass it up.

My eldest looooves watching me play Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Tooie (both for Nintendo 64,) and this reminds me a LOT of those games!  She doesn't have the motor skills to play, herself, but I'm just sure that she's going to really enjoy playing this "with" me Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Well I'm a bit disappointed with this.  For one thing, an XBox USB controller is recommended, and movement is REALLY touchy with the keyboard D\\'oh!  HARD!

The main reason I'm disappointed with it, however, is that I was hoping it would be like Donkey Kong 64 as far as being immersive with lots of story and goal-oriented per area -- not just an overall goal of saving Minnie!  This is more of a collect-the-stars, jump-and-avoid, run-around-like-crazy type of game.  It's more like Mario 64, which I never got far in, for the reasons mentioned above.  Bummer!

Oh well... at least now I have a second reason to get a PC controller (the other being Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, which I've realllllly been coveting Laugh  )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 am