Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 am

No, RMom, it is the fact that you all change (including the rest of Australia) that the difference is noticeable here. WA tried it, but decided it upset the cows!  Laugh faints 
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:36 am

tesamoine wrote:
    genkicoll wrote:Guess what?  This weekend we switch to Daylight Savings Time!   Hoo-ray.   Yeah right  Note my abundance of joy at the prospect.

I sure don't mind gaining an hour in the fall, but losing an hour suuuucks! rollingpin  I had no idea it was THIS weekend until about two minutes ago! Gah!

Thank you , thank you for that update !!!!!  LOL I had NO idea it was this weekend.  I love this time change  Happy bounce  Happy bounce    Means this awful winter we had is coming to an end.   Sunny  Sunny

OH---You poor deluded  soul      Suspect   Winter is not going away   Cry 

For me,   in Upstate NY,   they are showing another snowstorm for next week.   Overreaction

Maybe it will just go away.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:38 am

JustTheFacts wrote:No, RMom, it is the fact that you all change (including the rest of Australia) that the difference is noticeable here. WA tried it, but decided it upset the cows!  Laugh faints 

Did it cause them to produce curdled milk?   Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 am

I think it had more to do with the farmers' having to get up "an hour earlier" to be at the same time the cows always expected them  Big smile 

We got all sorts of objections here. It fades the curtains. It increases skin cancer. And a whole lot of other hoowee. I come from Sydney originally, where they have had it for decades, eons. Only thing it ever changed in my life, was dinner tended to be later, waiting for the sun to go down - unless it was a barbie of course, cuz you can eat BBQ dinner before sunset!

I have a sneaking suspicion that that is the primary motivator for daylight savings in Aus. Get in more BBQs per year! Two thumbs up
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:46 am

I had to write myself a note in order to remember to change the clocks.  Rolling Eyes 

luvtoread, we've got another snowstorm headed our way, too.  Cry 
    I know hurricanes are named, but when did whomever start naming important snowstorms? I noticed it this winter.

I have finished True Fear & all-in-all thought it was a very good game. Despite inconsistencies in the storyline, an almost comic style graphic in the hidden object scenes, and two freeze-ups, I really enjoyed the chilling ambiance, which was further enhanced by the awesome music track & sound FX.
    I had an additional freeze-up in the Deleted Scenes (Bonus Section), so I don't know what scenes were deleted. I do know the opening scene was changed from a colorized version featuring lots of reds to a black & white version.
    Developers, I think you did a fine job & hopefully, we'll see another game soon!

I have to add because I forgot....what I thought was outstanding in True Fear were the cut-scenes. The camera angles & facial expressions on our character were superbly done.
    I thought the toy train scene was a fantastic bit of work!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:57 am

The extras you missed out on weren't the important one. It really was just those opening cut scenes, that were only half in the final product as they were in the beta.

I loved the game too. I even loved the bonus game. I am totally forgiving them for the trilogy trick, so long as they get the next instalment out a bit quicker than the last one!!

Sorry to hear the weather is again foul ladies! It is totally inconceivable to me how you are not all going insane. It's been months now!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:02 am

lol, JustTheFacts, I heard on the news the other day some people are experiencing "snow" rage. No joke & the first thing that popped into my head was, "No wonder I've been such a bitch lately!"
    I think I have snow rage.  Huh?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:20 am

lol. Still, I think you could be right, no joking! When confined, particularly with other of our species, we do tend to suffer a deterioration in good manners and good humour! So if you have been grumpy, it probably is the weather.

It makes me totally depressed. Literally, clinically, take your mood pills, depressed. Which is why it sounds so appalling, the way you have all been living. I think I'd have had to steal some money and get a jet plane outa there and into the sun, just to protect everyone around me!!!

One of my favourite ever t-shirt sayings: Medicated for your protection.

That's me, hee hee  Evil Grin 
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:43 pm

luvtoread wrote:
    tesamoine wrote:
    genkicoll wrote:Guess what?  This weekend we switch to Daylight Savings Time!   Hoo-ray.   Yeah right  Note my abundance of joy at the prospect.

I sure don't mind gaining an hour in the fall, but losing an hour suuuucks! rollingpin  I had no idea it was THIS weekend until about two minutes ago! Gah!

Thank you , thank you for that update !!!!!  LOL I had NO idea it was this weekend.  I love this time change  Happy bounce  Happy bounce    Means this awful winter we had is coming to an end.   Sunny  Sunny

OH---You poor deluded  soul      Suspect   Winter is not going away   Cry 

For me,   in Upstate NY,   they are showing another snowstorm for next week.   Overreaction

Maybe it will just go away.

I am in NJ and just saw that snowstorm you speak of.   Overreaction  rollingpin   I can fully understand snow rage.  Or snow depression.  Or just plain sick of snow.  I'm watching the tumbleweeds grow from my animals, floating across the wood floors, yet am too lazy to sweep them up.  Sooo unlike me.   I loved True Fear.  Cannot wait for the next installment to be released.  And it had better be !!!!!  Or...  ?  IDK  I'm a non-violent person.  Well, was until snow rage took over.  Have a great day yall  Smile   Offering 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:52 pm

I'll add my vote to those who loved True Fear (although I still prefer the Bad Omen title   Mouse pbbt ), and can't wait for the next part.   Wink 

Sorry to hear some of you are still getting a lot of snow.   Buried-in-snow    Hope it clears up for you soon.   Smile
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi, everyone! Mouse pbbt 
    Between moving and work I hadn't had time to come (and as usual, I'm so embarrassed at how long I've been away that I was almost hesitant to come back... Wub ).
       But I'm chiming in on True Fear.  This is the first game in a long time that I played without drawing a breath; I admit I almost wanted to throw my computer when I saw that it was a
    Spoiler:
    but then I reflected that I loved it so much I didn't care!  
       Now holding my breath for the next installment.  
       Hope everyone is doing well!  Hugs, Jeannie

I'm so sorry!  Why can't I get the "Spoiler" thing to work???

Last edited by jeanniemouse on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm so sorry! Why can't I get the spoiler thing to work?)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:52 pm

I am trying to keep this snow in perspective.  I've seen pictures where areas have gotten so
    much snow that STOP  signs are barely showing!!    OH! 

But.....ooohhhh....the cold..... c-cold ....I have actually gotten an instant headache from it
    being so cold.
    Also the cold-weather-so-have-to-wear-a-hood-which-makes-my-hair-constantly-look-like-a-fright.
    fashion statement.

Embarrassed 

sigh...just tiring.   I am glad for games to play.   I just finished  The Dark Eye: Chains of
    Satinav  and enjoyed it.   Very Challenging.

True Fear  is lately the only IHOG  game that has interested me.  I've tried a few others,
    and I feel that if I played one,  I've played the other.   Evil Black Smoke taking child or
    whoever  and threatening you with red eyes.
    Even the Dark Dimensions have not grabbed me.

Thank goodness I have a lot of bought,  unplayed games.     Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:41 pm

One of my favourite ever t-shirt sayings: Medicated for your protection.

Mahaha Laugh  Priceless!

I wish I had time to play games.  I desperately want to start Walking Dead (or any of my other adventures) and True Fear aka Bad Omen, but I'm busy exhausting myself with house stuff.  The upcoming move is kicking my ass! >_<
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Um, hello, folks.  I joined here a long time ago when Genki found me on the BFG forums.  It's been eons since I've posted, that's RL chaos for ya. 

I wanted to pop in and catch up - I see y'all already know that daylight savings time just messes everything up and I can't sleep.  I wish they'd just get rid of it already. 

Anyway, I haven't played a game in so long, I'm not sure I'd remember how.  So I have a few questions.  BFG has gone the way of the dinosaur teenager with their F2P stuff.  I might be the only human out there who can play F2P without spending one cent.  (Genki, your link about that lady and her Candy Crush addiction was hilarious.  My SIL introduced me to CC, and I've played a little.  All for free.  I am not their target audience, as when my time runs out / I lose my lives / I have to wait or pay to keep playing - I just quit.

So I was wondering - what happens when you quit BFG?  I have a lot of games from them, and because the stupid game manager wonked out my computer / external hard drive, and BFG was not at all capable of handling Windows 8 problems when I had my issues, I have been letting it sit.  How do you get your games after you are not a member anymore?

We mostly use GOG because they're so great, but sometimes I like the casual, quicker / easier stuff.  iWin is crazy about infiltrating your computer, so I don't like them at all.  There's a new World Mosaic type game on the Pogo download site, but I think that's basically iWin now.  So ... uh, anybody know anything about GameHouse?

Thanks a million for the help.  Is anybody here a console gamer?  If so does anybody have a PS4 yet? 

Lastly I heard there was a new "off-site" forum for the BFG crowd.  I was just wondering where it was as I miss some of the folks in the Mac Pond place and would like to say hello.

Sorry I can't post any interesting news about dark and eerie games.  I've been playing Fallout New Vegas again, as RL stress is easily dissipated by shooting video game things (NOT real things) sometimes.  ;)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 am

Hi pippi

We've not met, I'm new. But I am glad to see ya!  Smile I'll try to answer most of your questions.

Whether you are a game club member or not, as long as you have games from them, you have an account with BFG. Your BFG nick and password from the good old days should still be enough to get you in. If not or you've forgotten, your email (from that time) is enough. Once you sign in, you will find all your games in the "my games" page, and you can download them from there. If they are not all there, it's time to contact Customer Service.

There is a new BFG game manager now, released a few months ago, and I am sure it will be more compatible with Windows 8 (and Mac people seem to be having less trouble with it), but some earlier games (much much earlier) may not be. Or are the problems specific to using an external hard drive to store games? Because that is what I am planning to do, and it sure would be nice to know beforehand if I can't do it!  Shock  SOS! 

Oh, if you download the new game manager (just redownload any game/demo), you will find a "purchase history" section, which lists all your games & download status, and you can redownload them from there.

Been a few World Mosiac styled games out lately, including a BFG F2P.

I was a Game House member for years (until I found BFG). I did not have many more issues with games than from BFG, but the customer service is frankly, cranky. They give off the attitude that you are interrupting them from "real work", and/or that you are being unreasonable. Still, were it only that, might have stayed with them.

But GH get games months after they appear at other sites, its emphasis is geared to a somewhat younger audience and less HOPAs, and the very best HOPA developers (IM not-at-all Humble O) are still exclusive to BFG. Used to be hardly ever any sales, but that has improved a lot. The membership pass there is a good offer, improved since my days.

I think it is now the cost of 2 games per month, and gives you 2 game creds, members discount, plus unlimited play on a large % of their games. And punchcard credits for purchases available to everyone. GH has one of those one-off installer programs that is attached to each game you download, but is not a game manager or similar.

The forum you have heard about is pondfriends. It is very big (700+) for a "off-site" forum, and is very active. I don't know if they have a mac friends column, but there are sure to be people you know there. Just my personal objection - they are not very bfg-friendly there, seems only the people who were really hurt/offended with the change in bfg forums went there, and they seem to be unable to forgive or forget.

There's a Fallout New Vegas? I can't play the sort of games you seem to prefer, but I picked up the Fallout series for next to nothing, figuring I'll learn enough to muddle through. Still think I will, eventually, but have so many games I still haven't played and/or reviewed (that's my thing, reviewing) of the easier HOPA variety, sometimes I wonder if the Fallout games will just sit in my pc collecting e-dust! Now I will need to keep my eye out for a cheap NV!  Snicker

Well, if you've managed to wade through all that, you've obviously got the stamina for the large file adventure games  Laugh 

Hope to hear from you again!  Big smile 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 am

It's nice to see you again, Pippi!  There is no "off topic" in this thread, you can post about anything! Sunny

Pond Friends is here: http://pondfriends.boards.net/ and you can find more links in this thread:  Big Fish Members Scattered to the Wind.

I do play on some of the older consoles, but the most recent I have is a PS2, which doesn't even belong to me -- it's my brother's! Laugh

The only F2P I play is My Singing Monsters, and I've spent not one penny on it!

GameHouse is relatively non-invasive, but you'll want to read the terms of membership carefully.  If I remember correctly, you have to use your monthly game credit within a month (or two?) or you LOSE it! OH!  Something I do like about GH is that they get TRUE adventure games that other casual portals don't carry... and would cost you $20 at Steam or GamersGate!

I don't know if this will help, but just in case... Storing BF Games on External Drive / Accessing Games WITHOUT the GM <--click

Justie is right about Big Fish.  You will ALWAYS have access to your games, whether you're a member or not!  I no longer maintain a membership.  I just rejoin when there's an amazing sale (usually the BOGOs) and make sure to cancel before the 30 days is up.

Justie, about Fallout NV -- It's a shooter, rather than an RPG like the ones we got.  And speaking of Fallout, I did play a little bit more, but of course I don't have any time to really delve into it.  When I get a chance I'll post some tips in the group play thread.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:49 pm

I just stopped in to say Hello there, Pippi!  Big smile  Regarding consoles, I have a still-works PS2 & Nintendo 64 and that's it. My sister finally got her son a PS4 right after Christmas (it was supposed to be for Christmas but she couldn't find one around here nor on-line).

Oh my gosh, I beta'd Emberwing day before yesterday & it's coming out this week, Yay! (I really did like the beta!)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:37 am

Hi all you D&E fans. Today's TGT is right up your alley. Very good creeps, although not as good as True Fear of course.

This is my Review
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:58 am

Looks a brilliant game, Justie.  Your reivew convinced me to buy it.   Happy bounce
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:27 am

I'd read your review over there, JustTheFacts.  Big smile I'm definitely checking Mind Snares out. Also checking out the sci-fi soft release.

As always, thanks for your reviews!  Two thumbs up
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 am

RE: The 60% off deal today.  The banner only says we have to download the game (Midnight Castle) -- it doesn't say we have to play it.  However, Big Fish being who they are, and hella prone to snafus, I recommend entering the game at least once.  You won't be able to LEAVE the game until you do your first HOS, but there are only six items to find -- it only took me 8 seconds (literally, it shows a timer!) to find them all.  Once you find them, you can click on the gear in the upper right corner to get to options and leave the game.
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Mind Snares does look intriguing!  (Digs to see if I have a PCC somewhere laying around...)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:14 am

Frodo, hope you like Mind Snares (she says quaking in her boots - "what if she doesn't like it, and I was the one said to buy it")  Big smile 

Don't worry, I feel perfectly safe with that one lol. That sci-fi, well, that's a different story. I changed my mind about it a half a dozen times and am still not sure if I like it or hate it! Which, seeing I've finished the demo, means I'll have to buy it to find out...

Another for the wishlist!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 am

I did get Mind Snares, but I'm sitting on the fence with the sci-fi game.

I will demo the no-bling TGT and hope I don't have any tech issues. (sorry to hear about yours, JustTheFacts)

This is how weird our weather is around these parts. Yesterday, it was beautiful-sunny & 70 degrees.
    Today, right now we've got a huge windstorm with lots of rain, turning colder with 2 inches of snow expected as the day goes on.  Gah!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 am

Is dragging really a tech issue? Or just a design flaw? I have rarely encountered it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am