Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Sportygal--so glad to hear from you.    Parts of your post made me laugh cause its so true.

I'm not one to start a thread like I use to read at Big Fish when they had the chat going but they'd end up staying.

Those threads drove me nuts.    The only one who really said goodby was DarkDisciple.
    Or there would be those threads about how  "mean"  others were on the forums and people would
    jump in and be oh-so-sweet to them.    pfft  To bad nobody noticed that the ones who started
    those threads were the ones who were mean to others.
    I noticed.

It has nothing to do with being shy though cause I'm quite outspoken and tend to say what I think and it can and has gotten me into trouble at times.

Oh yea....I can really identify with this.   
    My mouth has a mind of its own.     Laugh 

As far as the reviews are concerned,   I enjoy reading different ones.    For me,  its a
    big help when it is pointed out that "It is strictly HO".    I know I will stay away.

I have found here at the D & E that games that have not been well received at the game forum are ones
    we fall in love with.     Plus,  I am in awe that ones like you and JTF are coherent
    and precise in your reviews.
    I just give  either rants  or "I really like this game" statements.    Not exactly a fount
    of information!!    Rolling Eyes

jessmom--dj,  you and I must be local cause I am getting the same weather.   Snow coming by
    Wednesday.    I was looking forward to the 30 degree weather,  but it was still  cold today.

Oh,  did you get the letter saying "Sorry,  we under charged you"  from National Grid,  so now people
    will owe  more??     meh
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 pm

luvtoread wrote:jessmom--dj,  you and I must be local cause I am getting the same weather.   Snow coming by
    Wednesday.    I was looking forward to the 30 degree weather,  but it was still  cold today.

Oh,  did you get the letter saying "Sorry,  we under charged you"  from National Grid,  so now people
    will owe  more??     meh
    Luvtoread, I haven't received that letter... ah geez, i don't even want to say "yet".  That is particularly dark & eerie, right. The weather's been bad enough, & i don't relish the thought of salt being rubbed into the wound by way of an even bigger bill than expected.  Damn.  Gah!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm sorry to read that everyone's having so much trouble! :(  As far as the weather goes, things have been mild here, but we're getting back to freezing at night, and supposed to be getting down to the teens later in the week  c-cold   Everyone stay warm out there...  Except you, Justie, you stay cool Elk grin
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 pm

jessmom01 wrote:
    luvtoread wrote:jessmom--dj,  you and I must be local cause I am getting the same weather.   Snow coming by

will owe  more??     meh
    Luvtoread, I haven't received that letter... ah geez, i don't even want to say "yet".  That is particularly dark & eerie, right. The weather's been bad enough, & i don't relish the thought of salt being rubbed into the wound by way of an even bigger bill than expected.  Damn.  Gah!

Our local news covered the story.    You might find more info on-line.   I received the letter myself.
    They had a whole explanation of what they were going to do,  but I just threw the letter out.
    You should check out their Facebook page.    People are ANGRY meh      rollingpin        dirtywords

For Good Reason!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Man, I can't believe what you people are going through. We couldn't cope here in Australia with anything like what you've had. We hardly have any heating at all. NO NO NO central heating anywhere for anyone. Just space heaters, some have fireplaces. Little electric fan heaters like what I use.

And I gather from my well-travelled sis who lived in Canada for a while, we don't have the right clothing either.

Oh well, you're all invited to a virtual bbq at my place! Lovely sunny day, 30C with a gentle cool breeze. Clear fresh air cuz I live in the country. Birds in the trees, all the plants are flowering (except those that are suffering from water distress - we've had a very dry summer, even by WA standards.)

Steaks and 'snags' (sausages), these days a few healthy people bbqing chicken breasts and fish. Plenty of fresh home made salads, and pavlova for desert. *sigh* I wish! Anway, the day's good for it, so imagine it however you want.  Big smile 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:48 pm

luvtoread, what's the National Grid? We have American Electric Power & already paying a small fortune to stay warm.
    DH was telling me he heard AEP had overcharged their customers & should do something about it in 2015.
    2015??? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? How about doing something about it right now, AEP!
    There ain't no sense in my electric bill being so high & I'm mad as hell!  meh
    (doesn't do any good to call & complain either)

Lucky you, JustTheFacts! You've got the weather I'm dreaming about! Me, I'm shoveling snow that weighs a ton. No joke, this recent snow was a very heavy, good packing, snow.
    I'm hoping we don't get the freezing rain/snow predicted for tomorrow. I heard on the news today we've got another snow storm headed our way this weekend...with a potential for heavy snowfall & significant accumulation. *sigh*
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

lol, not me, jessmom. I don't know how to do all them fancy things on the computer. Paste, copy, cut, heck, I did all that in school with glue, pencil and scissors.

Though I did track down where all these stupid ads were coming from. I did it myself, yay, I'm a computer whiz now!! Yippee!!

No not really!  Snicker
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 pm

dj--National Grid is my electric and gas company.    But,  it sounds like your getting the same
    treatment from your company also.

JTF--I am so ready to hop on a plane and go to the land down under.    Is Quigley there?   Wub
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:17 pm

LOL I am sorry, but I don't know who Quigley is - some TV guy I assume? In which case, if he's working he'll be in Sydney, about 3000km away, or if he's on vacation he'll 5000km away in FNQ, and if he's gone home to rest, he'll be in Perth, a mere 500km away!

Hey, just got an email, Boomzap are setting up their own forum.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Oh My!!  You don't know that Quigley was down Under??   OH! 

OK,   Its a  1990 movie with Tom Selleck.   

I wonder if Boomzap's forum will be better than BF.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Don't know who he is. Don't watch tv, don't read newspapers, mags etc. Or watch movies. But now I think about it, I vaguely remember hearing something about him somewhere.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:30 am

RMom, I posted this in the Steam Week Long Deals thread (some good ones in there!), but then it occurred to me that you don't buy from Steam, so would have no reason to look!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 13 Header_586x192
    The Ankh Pack - $3.74  Described as Monkey Island in Egypt (didja see that, RMom? Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 13 597951271 )

Do you (or anyone else) have these games, and are they good?

Speaking of which, I saw someone mention that the Unwritten Tales games are funnier than Monkey Island!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:19 pm

No, I never heard of Ankh Pack. Price is good though!
    I have The Unwritten Tales. Started it once but didn't get far - can't remember why but I always meant to try it again. As far as funnier than Monkey Island, hmm.... The Monkey Island games go a LONG way back and have their own legion of loyal fans, lol. If you're just starting out you may not revel in their humor as much, though when DH recently played Tales of MI with me he loved it even though he'd never played the old games (those were enjoyed by DD and me  Big smile ). But seriously, Monkey Island has earned the right to be called a classic and in a league of its own.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:05 am

Oh, OH!  *does an excited happy dance*  Guess what's coming out this month! Happy bounce  Happy bounce

Bad Omen!

Take a look:  Upcoming Games!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 am

YYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE    Happy bounce  Happy bounce  Happy bounce 

I am SO excited now! 

You just made my day, Genki.  Thankyou.   *squeels in delight*   Elk grin
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:09 am

Believe me, I felt the same way when I read about it! Yahoo!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:02 am

YAY!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 pm

luvtoread wrote:Sportygal--so glad to hear from you.    Parts of your post made me laugh cause its so true.

I'm not one to start a thread like I use to read at Big Fish when they had the chat going but they'd end up staying.

Those threads drove me nuts.    The only one who really said goodby was DarkDisciple.
    Or there would be those threads about how  "mean"  others were on the forums and people would
    jump in and be oh-so-sweet to them.    pfft  To bad nobody noticed that the ones who started
    those threads were the ones who were mean to others.
    I noticed.

It has nothing to do with being shy though cause I'm quite outspoken and tend to say what I think and it can and has gotten me into trouble at times.

Oh yea....I can really identify with this.   
    My mouth has a mind of its own.     Laugh 

As far as the reviews are concerned,   I enjoy reading different ones.    For me,  its a
    big help when it is pointed out that "It is strictly HO".    I know I will stay away.

I have found here at the D & E that games that have not been well received at the game forum are ones
    we fall in love with.     Plus,  I am in awe that ones like you and JTF are coherent
    and precise in your reviews.
    I just give  either rants  or "I really like this game" statements.    Not exactly a fount
    of information!!    Rolling Eyes

Good to see you too luvtoread  however, I'm posting to say goodbye. Out of everyone that has posted about this only one did take offense to my post and yes I've seen a couple who have posted to this who have done some demo reviews or even a mini review they called it. You even said that you either do rants or "I really like this game" statements (this made me LOL  Big smile )  and didn't seem to take offense to my post especially when my post mentioned no user names.

The reason the one person here took offense to my post is because there must be truth to it or no offense would of been taken and it must of been when I said this:

I know the reason for the demo reviews an hour or so after the game has been released. It's more of a race to see who can get to the forum first and especially main page for "helpful" votes.

I realize someone has to go first but when someone and I don't care who it is, as I've come across a few of these at Big Fish, who just has to be consistently first or one of the first with a demo review (I'm talking the 4 and 5 star review here when they think a game rates this high) and then sometimes have to say "Note: I will add to this if there are any significant changes."  Rolling Eyes This kind of reminds me of that one reviewer a few years back who would start the review thread with "Off to demo" and then when they finished the demo would edit their post with a review so their review would be the first read.

I also don't know of any games that can be completed within the demo time.  Oh I've read about a couple. Supposedly anyway. If it's so well the majority still take at least a few hours and anyone who is expecting a 4 and especially 5 star review to be written by someone an hour or two after the game has been released well tells me that they aren't really looking for reviews. Oh and I've already addressed the people who say they don't have time and then there are some who don't want to waste time downloading something they more than likely won't like but then expect so much from others and then get pissy as I mentioned.

Yes people who have to consistently be relevant an hour, two tops after a game has been released with demo reviews and even sometimes have to "edit their post" do come across to me like they are more important than anyone else and their opinion is far superior to anyone else 's and must be one of the first to be read in this case since I'm talking about game reviews here.  Yep! Sorry but it's a turn off.

Thanks again for the invite Genki. You have been great and so have some others. Sorry I didn't want to be any kind of disruption to your forum here and that is why I'm leaving and won't be back.

P.S. As my mom use to say: It's not what people say in your presence it's what they say when you're not!  I'll let you all figure out the meaning of this.Wink
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 am

I hate to see you leave, Sportygal. I wish you all good things in whatever you decide to do and wherever you decide to go.  Offering 

Well, we got the ice storm the other night. My internet has been off & on, so I'm typing really fast. I'm totally bummed about the weather anymore & playing games when I can, to keep my spirits up.

Yay, I'm happy to see Bad Omen is finally making the release list!!
    I would like to play a dark & dreary game, the more dreary the better. I hope it's really scary & we get the uncut version. No worries, I can handle it.  Big smile
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:05 am

Whoa - so looking forward to Bad Omen!!! First BF game I can say that about in a long while.  Snicker
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:19 am

We really will have to throw a party the day it's released. Maybe a scary costume party, BYO blood & guts?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:21 am

Heh heh Silly face  I'll put up one of my creepiest banners to celebrate -- the one with the hands coming up out of the swamp.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:21 am

kewl!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:23 am

even if the rest of the game doesn't match the creepiness of the opening sequence, it is still spectacular, simply for doing that much!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:54 am

JustTheFacts - we DEFINATELY need to throw a blood & guts party   Calavera Skull  The Scream  flutter eyelashes 

Genki - you always have such amazing banners   We\'re Unworthy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am