Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Nightmare on the Pacific

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Nightmare on the Pacific Empty Nightmare on the Pacific

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Nightmare on the Pacific
    by: Gogii Games

Available:
    Big Fish (Standard Edition only) PC and Mac
    GameHouse (Premium Edition)

Nightmare on the Pacific Ship-card

Using Alt + Tab may cause issues on Windows XP

The Brooks family boarded the Neptune hoping for a relaxing
    family vacation, but what they got was an incredible adventure! After
    the cruise ship encounters an incredible storm, it’s left sinking in the
    Pacific Ocean with everyone on board! Live through a Nightmare on the Pacific in this exciting Hidden Object game. Put survival first and help the Brooks family make it out of the Neptune alive!

• Breathtaking adventure
    • Fantastic action
    • Survive a cruise ship disaster

Click images to enlarge
    Nightmare on the Pacific Th_screen1 Nightmare on the Pacific Th_screen2 Nightmare on the Pacific Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Nightmare on the Pacific Empty Re: Nightmare on the Pacific

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 pm

So, I finally got around to playing Nightmare on the Pacific yesterday. Whilst there are no ghosts, creepy crawlies or macabre of any kind, I would still deem this a D&E game for the horrifying reality of the situation you find yourself in.

And yet, it's the reality of the game that threw me off. If you're going to give us a horrifying real-life story, make it friggin' realistic! Suspect Because I was focused on the reality, physics and logic kept butting in to make me say, "What the hell?!"

Beautiful graphics, a definite sense of urgency, fairly good voice acting, but c'mon! Some of the tasks they require you to do are absolutely ridiculous, reminiscent of Curse of the Opera when you have to pour gasoline on a fire.

There is a ton of back-and-forth to the game, which I usually enjoy, but in this game it was tedious because you had to retrace your steps over and over again.

I got it for a good price, and it was worth playing, but I wish they had made the tasks and situations a bit more believable.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 am

Interactive Poseidon Adventure. Exceptionally Cinematic. ****

January 30, 2012

What makes this game extraordinary is the atmosphere. A very strong feeling of impending doom is created by using excellent ambient noise (realistic sounds of a ship falling apart), parts of the ship falling around you and characters' voices crying for help. Right from the beginning you feel an urgency to get on with it as fast as you possibly can. This game draws you into story as none other I've ever played.

If you're old enough to recognize the movie you know exactly what to expect, and you'll enjoy this very cinematic game. You play the wife in a family stranded on a rapidly and noisily disintegrating ocean liner. You're separated from the others, so your task is obvious. Rescue the others and get off the ship.

I found the graphics great, and the map essential - there are a lot of locations. Though others complained about its length it took me several hours to complete. I did have to use the walkthrough more than I'd have liked, but thank goodness it was there. The gameplay was logical enough, although at times you do have to think outside the box.

I'd say that trying it would be a great idea, if only for the unusual experience.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:22 am

I really loved this one when I first started, but came to dislike it as more and more unbelievable situations arose -- it's a pet peeve of mine.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:24 am

I barely notice in most games if they do that (or are chronologically impaired), I see it, but it just rolls on past me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am