Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

genkicoll
    genkicoll

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz Empty 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:15 pm

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
    Official Website

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz 77-shadow-street-pb

Welcome to the Pendleton. Built as a tycoon’s dream home in the 1880s and converted to luxury condominiums not quite a century later, the Gilded Age palace at the summit of Shadow Hill is a sanctuary for its fortunate residents. Scant traces remain of the episodes of madness, suicide, mass murder—and whispers of things far worse—that have scarred its grandeur almost from the beginning.

But now inexplicable shadows caper across walls, security cameras relay impossible images, phantom voices mutter in strange tongues, not-quite-human figures lurk in the basement, elevators plunge into unknown depths. With each passing hour a terrifying certainty grows: Whatever drove the Pendleton’s past occupants to their unspeakable fates is at work again. And as nightmare visions become real, as a deadly tide begins to engulf them, the people at 77 Shadow Street will find the key to humanity’s future . . . if they can survive to use it.

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz Empty Re: 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:18 pm

OK, so I haven't read this yet...

My husband brought it home to me today, and the description looks awesome!  It's 556 pages long, and then we get even more!  Then we get more story about the neighbors in The Moonlit Mind, which continues on from page 561 through page 698.  Neato! Happy bounce  A novella included with the main story!

I still have three books to read from Christmas, but this will come next... just as soon as I get back to reading books again~! Sunny

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:13 am

Click! genki! I bought this book from a red cross shop for $3 just 3 days ago!! Am awesome Koontz fan, but haven't had anything new of his for years!

I am just waiting till when I finish my current book (a James Patterson), then off I go.

PS. I didn't even notice the novella!! Awesome!  Happy bounce 
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 am

Okay all you Koontz fans, I need some recs. I read several of his books years ago. Some were fantastic, the scariest I'd ever read  EEK!  but a couple were clunkers. Of course being a member of the CRS Club I can't recall any titles.  Snicker 

So... which are your top Koontz recs??
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 am

It's been a long time since I had any new ones, so this is based on old ones I have that I last read about 2yrs ago.

The Bad Place - poor guy keeps on appearing and disappearing to different places.
    Intensity - caught in a winnebago with a serial killer who doesn't know you're there.
    Mr Murder - an author is stalked by his character.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 am

My favs are all listed here:
    Talk about Dean Koontz books

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Ooh thanks, ladies!
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:44 pm

I have read all of Koontz's books and although he is not my favorite, you usually know what to expect and  he writes a decent book.  Having said this, I thought 77 Shadow Street was absolutely terrible! Way to many people dying  in terrible ways  and I wasn't even real sure what the heck was going on most of the time.   At the end when you do find out what is happening, it is more   of a HUH???? WTF was that all about????  Stephen King did a much better haunted hotel  (The Shining   and the sequel to it whose name escapes me now)     I hope you like it and enjoy it  but I thought it was very badly done.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:16 pm

The sequel is Dr Sleep
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Really?  Well darn!  I'll still give it a peek, but when Koontz is off his game, he's REALLY off.  On the other hand, when he's in the zone, his writing is incredibly gripping!

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 pm

oregonpandora wrote:I have read all of Koontz's books and although he is not my favorite, you usually know what to expect and  he writes a decent book.  Having said this, I thought 77 Shadow Street was absolutely terrible! Way to many people dying  in terrible ways  and I wasn't even real sure what the heck was going on most of the time.   At the end when you do find out what is happening, it is more   of a HUH???? WTF was that all about????  Stephen King did a much better haunted hotel  (The Shining   and the sequel to it whose name escapes me now)     I hope you like it and enjoy it  but I thought it was very badly done.
    OTOH I'll never forget how disgusted I was when I had made it through all 1000+ pages of Stephen King's It only to arrive at that horrible, stupid ending. Gah!  I threw that book against the wall so hard it cracked the spine.  Snicker 

I enjoyed several of his book before, but since It I've only read one other King book, the one about zombies (Cell, I think). I found it in a cupboard at a beach hotel so at least I didn't pay for it. Man that was dumb too, with another annoying ending.  dirtywords  He's written some entertaining stories here and there, but I'm done. No more King for me.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 pm

woops

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:28 am