Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

5 posters

VOTE to Get Games at GOG

genkicoll
    genkicoll

VOTE to Get Games at GOG Empty VOTE to Get Games at GOG

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 pm

I just realized that GOG has a wishlist area for games we'd like to see on their site! OH!
    http://www.gog.com/wishlist/

or go straight to the Community Wishlist:
    http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games

I discovered this as I was looking for a place where one can buy Grim Fandango.  You can vote for it to be at GOG here:
    http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/grim_fandango
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

VOTE to Get Games at GOG Empty Re: VOTE to Get Games at GOG

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Some more games you (as in people I know here) might be interested in seeing at GOG.  Gotta get 'dem votes!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Here's another I'd love to see at GOG:

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

It's by the same people who did A Vampyre Story, and though it's available at GameHouse, I prefer to buy at GOG!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 am

There's an interesting article at GOG today, and here's a piece of it

Why does GOG.com need to offer newer games at all?
    We've been in business for 5 years now, and we've signed a big percentage of all of the classic content that can be legally untangled. There are still some big companies left we're trying to bring into the GOG.com fold, like LucasArts, Microsoft, Take2 and Bethesda, but what classic titles will we sign in the future once we have those partners on-board? We need to sign newer games or else just fire everyone and keep selling the same limited catalog. Either we bring you “not so old” releases from 2010+ or brand-new AAA titles, because these will become classic games tomorrow. It’s as simple as that.

The reason I mention this here in the Wishlist thread is that Grim Fandango by LucasArts is the most-requested game in GOG's history (as far as I can see!) and this explains why they haven't gotten it yet.  I'm also hoping for Broken Age to come to GOG at some point, so my fingers are crossed that they can work out that contract with LucasArts!

You can also find this link in the article:  our opinions about DRM
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:21 am

pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:47 am

I'd like to see Evil Pumpkin at GOG, too.

Another thing that is pretty widely discussed in the GOG forums - making sure Kickstarter games know that GOG will provide their backers with GOG keys.  So often the great Kickstarter games go to Steam; sometimes to Humble Bumble ...

Thanks for this list, Genki!  I've already voted on several; will vote on the rest today!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 am

Whoops!  Here's Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok for you, Pippi! Big smile

Y'all please feel free to add your links to games you'd like us to vote on!
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm

genkicoll wrote:Whoops!  Here's Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok for you, Pippi! Big smile

Y'all please feel free to add your links to games you'd like us to vote on!

HA HA according to my GOG comments, I voted on that one in February!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Great list Genki.  Voted on a few of them   Okay
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 am

Some games I'd love to see on GOG.  Please vote for them, if they appeal to you, as well.   Smile 

Kingdom O Magic - Hilarious adventure game!  Play as the Scottish green lizard (my favourite), or the token female.  Lots of references to Lord Of The Rings, the mafia, Medusa, and more.  Here's the intro

Blade Runner - Based on the film of the same name, about the hunt for replicants, and 'retiring' them.  A wonderful sci-fe adventure game, where decisions you make will affect the game, and the ending.  Here's a trailer.

System Shock 1 - A fantastic game about the computerised system  SHODAN that controls a space station, goes insane, and wants to take over the world.  As the game starts, you find the space station is full of mutants controlled by the evil SHODAN, and it's up to you to find out what has gone wrong, and stop it.  The best thing about this game is, you can adjust the settings to suit yourself.  If you don't like hard ftp games, but love adventure and puzzle, that's fine - just set combat to 0, and adventure to maximum.  That's how I play it.  Or if you prefer the combat, you can crank that all the way up, so all the enemies are after you.  Here's a clip.

Toonstruck - Very funny adventure game, starring Drew Blank - a disallusioned artist who's hit a serious dry spot, and gets sucked into the cartoon world he created.  Here's a trailer
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Grim Fandango being remastered for PS4 and PS Vita (whatever that is). Can a PC version be far behind???? (Well yes of course, sadly it can but still...)

Wait-- actually it's being remastered for PC, Mac and Linux too! (I'm SO behind the times, lol) This is GREAT NEWS!!!
    kac

Post by kac Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm going to have to try Grim Fandango when it comes out for the PS4. 

I also read about the level aspects of System Shock.  I did not know that.  It is sitting in my stack of unplayed games, so I need to download it and see what it is like.

Edited:  Oh, I have System Shock 2, not 1.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Here's something that I'd really like to see implemented:  GOG Gift Cards!  Make your voice heard HERE.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 pm