Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Joining Hands 1

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Joining Hands 1 Empty Joining Hands 1

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:00 am

Joining Hands
    by 10tons Ltd.

Series links: Joining Hands 1, Joining Hands 2

Available at:
    Big Fish

Joining Hands 1 Joining-hands_feature

Join the Peablins on their quest to find all their siblings and cousins in the innovative puzzle game, Joining Hands! The Peablins are curious little creatures who share the age-old belief: hold hands with your friends and the Bogeyman won't take you. As you enter the Whispering Woods, help them all hold hands to get through safely. Meet up with new kinds of Peablins and remember, leave no hand behind!

• Elegant and easy to learn
    • Cute high resolution graphics
    • Over 100 fantastic levels

Click images to enlarge
    Joining Hands 1 Th_screen1_Joining Hands 1 Th_screen2_Joining Hands 1 Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Joining Hands 1 Empty Re: Joining Hands 1

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 am

Light-hearted Fun
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny 

BASED ON DEMO

This is a fun little game with an original approach. The fact that it is also cute and somewhat child-like works fine for me – so long as there’s no one to laugh at me!

The gameplay is straightforward but much harder than it first seems. Peabins are little round blob creatures with varying numbers of arms. It is important for their happiness that all their hands are held by someone else. So, on a grid of hexagons, you must place them all so that their hands join.

So if I have a peabin with 2 arms and 2 others with 1 arm, the 2 armed one will be in the middle, a one armed peabin on either side. It starts from there and gets more complex as each new level is beaten. There are obstacles around which peabins must connect, stars for bonuses, peabin relatives whose beliefs mean they have different hand holding traditions, etc.

The graphics and animations are both simple and good, the voices cute, music upbeat. There are ten chapters with up to 18 episodes in each, and you can replay any episode. (Each episode was still taking me less than a minute at chapter 3, but I was definitely slowing down.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    This is a good game to play with the kids, no doubt about it, and it is also a nice little game for when you want to lose yourself for a while.

And it has the advantage of being different for those of us with misspent youths (not to mention middle age!), playing pc games all the time.

I Recommend This Game!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 am

I made it quite far into this game, but then I got good & stuck and remained there.  Stars

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 pm