Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Mystery Riddles

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mystery Riddles Empty Mystery Riddles

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:04 am

Mystery Riddles
    by Anawiki - December, 2013

Available at:
    Anawiki
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Mystery Riddles 202391

The most powerful magicians in the kingdom of Mysteria were once the Pictomancers, who had the power to imbue painted or woven images with arcane energy. They have all but disappeared from the land, taking their secrets with them, but the Great Tapestries they created in their heyday have kept Mysteria from harm... until now.

With the Great Tapestries fraying and darkness returning to threaten Mysteria it's up to you, the last Pictomancer, to quest throughout the kingdom and restore these powerful images and save the kingdom. Take on the journey in one of two modes, tackling either the always-popular Pic-A-Pix puzzles or the brand new Fill-A-Pix!

Each mode offers 100 exciting levels to tease your brain (200 total), making this a game you're going to want to play through at least twice! Mysteria needs you and its riddles await: Are you up for the challenge?

Features:
    - Two different game modes - Picross and Fill-a-Pix
    -100 levels in each mode, 200 in total!
    -Huge puzzles - grids up to 30x30
    -Rich game world, with 10 mysterious locations to explore
    -Beautiful painted backgrounds

Click images to enlarge
    Mystery Riddles Th_screen1_Mystery Riddles Th_screen2_Mystery Riddles Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Mystery Riddles Empty Re: Mystery Riddles

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Ooh I like the look of this but tend not to buy from other sites. Would be nice if it made its way to BF one day. <said wistfully>
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:22 pm

It probably will Smile  If you look at Anawiki's list of GAMES, the rest of them are at Big Fish!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:14 am

At Last! A Different Puzzler*****

BASED ON DEMO

This terrific new game looks good, sounds good, and offers us two different ways to put a mosaic-like puzzle together. And a little bit of an excuse for a story is in there as well. We are not talking monumental graphics and great crashing excitement and special effects, but the art is pleasant and unobtrusive. The background drops fit the ‘story’, which is told in brief, between sets of 10 puzzles, so it doesn’t really enter into the game.

The two types of gameplay are first: mosaics-style pictographs, or whatever name you know them by. They are grids with a set of numbers at the beginning of each column and row, which define whether a tile is filled or empty. From the beginning these grids are 10x10, so there’s no chance for a serious practice run, but the tutorial does go through the moves thoroughly. This game thankfully gives you five hints and allows five mistakes from the outset.

The second type of game is one I’ve not seen before, but I have seen one like it. Remember when you first got your Windows PC, and the only games on there were solitaire and Mine Sweeper? This puzzle is very like Mine Sweeper. Tiles on the grid have not only a number but also a colour, and the number indicates how many adjacent tiles are of that colour. The hardest thing about the game is getting used to the fact that the tile that is numbered is also included with reference to colour. Anyway, there is a very good tutorial that will set you straight on the rules. I found it a quite difficult game to play, though, right from the start, and I was grateful for the hints. These indicated ALL the tiles of the colour of the tile you select. Sorry, sounds convoluted. Just give it a try *grin*.

There are 100 puzzles in each category, but it is the same story and backdrop in each. The final mosaic pictures (which actually look like the thing they are supposed to be!) are not the same though.

A good challenging game, without being impossible, and a delightful much needed breath of fresh air in the “other games” puzzles genre.

I recommend this game!
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Loved this one JTF.  So different than the run of the mill pic cross games that are usually churned out.  TY for the great review.  I saw your review and had to try it.  I loved it.   Two thumbs up
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Excellent! So glad you liked it! I am pretty much a HOPA player, but I'll be getting this one myself, as it is refreshingly different, and I am tired of the few pic cross games I have.
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:25 am

Yes.  I have a World Mosaics one and a griddlers one and this one is so refreshlingly different.  I mostly play HOPA too, but there are times I just need a quick game of something to unwind.  Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:27 am

Yes. Or I am too tired to play anything where I need to follow a story, and so I just criss cross my way into oblivion lol  Big smile  Ooops! Sorry, unintended pun on today's game. Yeah right 
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Exactly.  And love the pun Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am