Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Steam's Holiday Sale, 2013

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Steam's Holiday Sale, 2013 Empty Steam's Holiday Sale, 2013

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:03 am

The Holiday Sale at Steam is now ON!

There are nine Daily Deals, and three flash sales (which last 8 hours each.)

Check it out here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Steam's Holiday Sale, 2013 Empty Re: Steam's Holiday Sale, 2013

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am

I just made an impulse buy over at Steam Overreaction   There were only three minutes left, and I've been wanting the Giana Sisters games... They had them bundled and with a new Christmas level, and it was only $2.69...  I haven't even looked at The Cave, yet!

But...  Evil Grin   Dem's MINE now!  Wahaha~
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread but I need to vent. I have probably gone on record here for saying how much I hate Steam, well I hate them even MORE!

Over the course of a couple years I ended up with two Steam accounts - can't recall why - and because I've forgotten my passwords, I have no access to any of my games. It doesn't matter how many times I've requested to select new passwords while "proving" I'm human (!), I then get emails with the wrong IP and address and I can never get any further. They just send me back to the log-in page where my attempts to guess my old password have me once again trying to prove I'm human. Round and round I go and there seems no way of choosing a new frickin' password request - GRRRR!

I've been trying this for an hour (I try every few months or so) and i am effectively locked out of both my accounts and the numerous games I've bought from them. I'll say it again, I HATE STEAM!  dirtywords  Gah!  Tantrum

GOG may not have as many games but I've never, ever had any problems with them. Good ol' GOG!  Wub   End of rant.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:46 pm

And I only brought this up b/c I'm using the GOG sale to re-buy a bunch of Steam games that are as good as gone to me.  Cry
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Grrrr... That totally SUCKS! meh  I can't stand Steam's Valve application (game manager,) but I do still occasionally buy from them when the price is right... Usually under $3 Silly face

I hope you figure out your password(s) one of these days!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am