Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG)

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG) Empty Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:36 am

Hidden Expedition: Titanic
    by Big Fish Games

Series links: Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic, Hidden Expedition 2: Everest, Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon, Hidden Expedition 4: Devil's Triangle, Hidden Expedition 5: The Uncharted Islands, Hidden Expedition 6: Smithsonian Hope Diamond, Hidden Expedition 7: The Crown of Solomon, Hidden Expedition 8: Smithsonian Castle

Available at:
    Big Fish

Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG) Hidden-expedition-titanic_80x80

On April 14, 1912, the great steamship RMS Titanic struck an iceberg and within hours it sank to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. As part of the Hidden Expedition Adventure League, it`s your job to explore the wreckage of this once-majestic ship and collect antique artifacts for the Titanic Museum. Through 14 diving missions you will scour 17 locations on the ship for cleverly-hidden clues that will lead you to the ultimate artifact: The Crown Jewels. Get ready to lose yourself in a historic adventure of epic proportions!

Click images to enlarge
    Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG) Th_screen1_Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG) Th_screen2_Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG) Th_screen3

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG) Empty Re: Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:38 am

7 Years Old & Still Playable!  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

It is true you would want to be on a small monitor or a tablet when playing this game if you wanted to enjoy it, otherwise the graphics are just so awful it is uncomfortable just to look at them. But I can imagine people in supermarket queues with their trusty smart phone trawling through the underwater wonderland that is the sunken ship Titanic.

This first game in the series was an eye-opener for me, having just come away from reviewing the sixth. Those characteristic that made that game remarkable are evident here, in the very beginning. It was great fun just to see such fidelity to the original concepts.

So what are these characteristics?

1. The first is rollicking good Indiana Jones style adventure, searching for treasure.
    2. Combining game play with factual information, about the Titanic in this case.
    3. Multiple styles of HOPs. Here we have silhouettes, multiples of and word list.
    4. A couple of collectibles – gems and oxygen tanks for hints.
    This game is timed,  although you have plenty of latitude – great when all the action is dives to the sunken state rooms.

I particularly liked the balloons sent up with each item found, and the bubbles when you hit a wrong item.

I can’t really recommend this game except as a curio or part of the whole set, because the look feel and gameplay are very out of date and unsophisticated – by today’s standards. But it is a little gem.

I Don't Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:46 pm