Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Mystery of the Earl (FROG/IHOG)

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Mystery of the Earl
    by: funlinker

Available:
    Big Fish for PC and MAC
    iWin

Lillian’s fiancé, Christian, has been kidnapped by an evil witch right
    before the wedding! Christian has been tricked and double-crossed and
    now needs Lillian’s help to escape from the wretched witch. Lillian
    travels to his estate to find it in shambles and under the influence of
    a sleeping spell. With the help of the Fairy Queen, it’s up to you to
    solve the Mystery of the Earl in this fun and exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

• Tricky puzzles
    • Unique gameplay
    • Find Lillian's fiancé!

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

genkicoll

Re: Mystery of the Earl (FROG/IHOG)

Post by genkicoll on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am

Options include Full-screen, Custom Cursor and separate sliders for Music, Sound and Ambient sounds.

Cut-scenes are skippable, and you can click through them at your own pace if you wish.

Gameplay switches back and forth between finding items by list (IHOG) and finding items by picture (FROG). The pictured items are black-and-white, so it's not an *exact* picture of what you're looking for... especially since they're fragmented objects Silly face

Some scenes have zoomable areas, and for each scene, you need to find 10 diamonds (optional). Collecting all of the diamonds will unlock "enchanting screensavers"... Which you wouldn't know if (like me) didn't choose to play through the tutorial.

This game is reminiscent of a Dream Day Wedding game to me, but early on we get a fairy helper who will provide HINTS (refillable). Somehow, magic seems out-of-place, and I'm having trouble reconciling the mixed plot in this romantic-mystery.

The music is appropriate for the era depicted, as are the items. There are no elephants in the clouds or toasters in the fireplace, but this game does contain FROG elements, so of course there are some oddly placed fragments during these scenes.

It is usually evident what the game expects of you, but there are occasional "What am I supposed to do now?" moments, especially when you're not sure which part of the scene (main scene or one of the zoomable areas) you're supposed to be looking in.

I only did 30 minutes of the demo, it's just not speaking to me at the moment. I will revisit it at some point, but for now, I do think it's worth a demo if the theme interests you.

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:58 pm