Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG)

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG) Empty Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 am

Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall
    by Gameshastra - 2008

Available from:
    Big Fish for PC

Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG) Nocturnal150

Play as recently deceased Claire  unraveling the secrets of her undead powers in this shadow-soaked Hidden  Object game! Solve elaborate puzzles on your path to becoming a  Nocturnal or Brethren. Quickly seek out mystical hidden objects to  enhance your eldritch powers! The night is beckoning, will you answer?  Step into the shadows with Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall ™!

• Ominous storyline
    • Intense, shadowy gameplays
    • Answer the call of the night!

Click images to enlarge
    Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG) Th_screen1_Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG) Th_screen2_Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG) Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG) Empty Re: Nocturnal: Boston Nightfall (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:50 am

Edgy Vampire Story
    Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    I really love the way this game looks at the opening shots, Boston at nightfall, impressionist-style. Unfortunately, the quality of the graphics and the simplistic gameplay kill any lingering affection for this game.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    This game was released in 2008, so you’d expect something primitive, and it is. The graphics are awful, and are reason enough to uninstall it. The music was the really great part. It had an edgy, urban feel about it, which complemented the locations perfectly. It is the true source of the delightful atmosphere of this game.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    The story unfolds through the use of graphic novel style art, with speech balloons. It works okay. This vampire story has our heroine, recently infected, fighting to gather the essence needed by all vampires to survive as “Nocturnals” i.e. being able to feed off something other than humans. If she does not, she will lose her immortality and/or enter an eternal sleep.

MAKING PROGRESS
    This is where the game disappoints. Despite the bad graphics, I would have enjoyed this game with decent gameplay. What we get is, read a page of graphic-novel story. Enter HOP scene and find the listed objects. Complete a mini-game (Mastermind, if you remember it), the same one each break, with increasing difficulty. There is no ‘here’ outside HOP scenes, which are junk piled and hard to see properly.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    Atmosphere is the best thing about this game. It would be great to see someone do something similar, with all the advantages of today’s technology.

I Don't Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 pm