Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Jigsaw World Tour 1

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Jigsaw World Tour 1 Empty Jigsaw World Tour 1

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:23 am

Jigsaw World Tour
    by 8Floor Games - Nov. 2013

Series linksJigsaw World Tour, Jigsaw World Tour 2, Jigsaw World Tour 3

Available at:
    Big Fish
    iWin

Jigsaw World Tour 1 Jigsaw-world-tour_feature

Travel around the globe with Jigsaw World Tour! Piece together vibrant jigsaw puzzles depicting the monuments and cultural icons of world class cities from New York to Tokyo. Puzzles vary from tens to hundreds of pieces so that you can choose your own level of challenge. Start your unforgettable tour today!

• Puzzles from 7 different cities
    • 700 unique photographs
    • Relaxing ambient music

Click images to enlarge
    Jigsaw World Tour 1 Th_screen1_Jigsaw World Tour 1 Th_screen2_Jigsaw World Tour 1 Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Jigsaw World Tour 1 Empty Re: Jigsaw World Tour 1

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:26 am

Excellent Jigsaw Fun

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON DEMO

This is the best to date of the many jigsaw games produced by this (prolific) developer. It is a well presented game, with good graphics and very pleasant and relaxing music.

The major difference from most jigsaw games is that this one has so many photos. We have 7 boxes to choose from, each holding roughly 100 photos, which have been taken in the city each box represents. These are well taken shots and cover an interesting variety of aspects of the cities.

One unique innovation in this game is the option to change the resolution. Excellent idea!

There are also the standard options that you’d expect from an electronic jigsaw game.

*make pieces ‘stick’ to board when they are placed in the right spot – or not.
    *set the number of pieces from roughly 12 to as much as 350.
    *change the cut of the pieces
    *rotation or not

Within the puzzle, there are further options

*background colour
    *display an image and/or ghost of the board
    *option to sort and/or show only edges

You also have a hint button and a magnifier, and a box for keeping some items separate.

And there is a point scoring system, although you are not under any type of time constraints.

As I say, this is my new favourite jigsaw game, but if I had one thing I could improve, it would be that the photos had captions. I know the Eiffel Tower when I see it, but most of the images were new to me, and I would have liked to have known what I was looking at.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 pm