Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG) Empty Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG)

Post by genkicoll Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:19 am

Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon
    by Big Fish Games - June, 2008

Series links: Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic, Hidden Expedition 2: Everest, Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon, Hidden Expedition 4: Devil's Triangle, Hidden Expedition 5: The Uncharted Islands, Hidden Expedition 6: Smithsonian Hope Diamond, Hidden Expedition 7: The Crown of Solomon, Hidden Expedition 8: Smithsonian Castle

Available at:
    Big Fish

Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG) Hidden-expedition-amazon-game_80x80

Big Fish Games Studios takes you on an Adventure into the stunning world of the Amazon with the Hidden Expedition team in search of a missing professor. A tattered map referencing the legendary Beetle Temple is your only clue as you begin your adventure deep into the Amazon Rainforest. Explore cities, temples, and ruins while unlocking the secrets of an ancient yet advanced civilization. This adventure is the largest yet for the Hidden Expedition team, and the discovery of the Beetle Temple is just the beginning.

• Unlock the greatest secret of the Amazon
    • More scenes, puzzles and adventure
    • Intricately woven mini-games
    • Strategy Guide (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG) Th_screen1_Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG) Th_screen2_Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG) Empty Re: Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 am

A Step Backward  
    Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON DEMO

I dislike this game the worst of all the Hidden Expedition series. It is a step backwards in a number of areas.

Hidden Expedition has in the past been about adventure, with unusual and/or varied gameplay. This game has settled for the standard HOP game of its time, with its lists and its locations on a map for you to move between.

The HOPs are not at all different than a dozen other games, and I swear the graphics were better in the first game of the series. I couldn’t play this in full screen at all, and had trouble with it in windowed – and it just doesn’t look as good even on that much smaller screen.

You do get an option to choose a word in the list and get a silhouette, which I like. And there are beetles to collect for hints. But it’s not enough to make up for the lack of anything specifically interesting.

There are some puzzles in each chapter/level. What I saw was not bad, I must admit. And the whole game looks more sophisticated. But it isn’t really at all.

As I say, I just didn’t like it. It is not at all in the character of the other games in the series.

I Don't Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am