Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG)

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG) Empty Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:07 am

Hidden Expedition: Everest
    by Big Fish Games - June, 2007

Series links: Hidden Expedition 1: Titanic, Hidden Expedition 2: Everest, Hidden Expedition 3: Amazon, Hidden Expedition 4: Devil's Triangle, Hidden Expedition 5: The Uncharted Islands, Hidden Expedition 6: Smithsonian Hope Diamond, Hidden Expedition 7: The Crown of Solomon, Hidden Expedition 8: Smithsonian Castle

Available at:
    Big Fish

Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG) Hidden-expedition-everest_80x80

Fresh from a successful exploration of the wreck of the Titanic, the Hidden Expedition Club will pit one of its stellar members against a formidable group of opponents in a race to the summit of Everest. Other groups will battle you to be the first to summit Mount Everest. Expert Everest climber Ed Viesturs will assist you along the way. Explore mysteries of the world as you find hidden clues. Race to the Roof of the World!

• Over 30 stunningly beautiful scenes from around the world.
    • 4 Character mini-games.
    • Ed Viesturs' exclusive footage of the world's most dangerous summits.
    • Race around the world to reach Everest!
    • The expedition continues at www.hiddenexpedition.com

Click images to enlarge
    Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG) Th_screen1_Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG) Th_screen2_Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG) Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG) Empty Re: Hidden Expedition 2: Everest (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 am

Ancient History, Classic HO
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

There are some strange things on my desktop, and this is surely one of them. How an ancient game with my least liked form of graphics, and a pure HO gamestyle ended up here is one of the great unsolved mysteries. But here it is, so let me tell you about it.

First, HORRENDOUS GRAPHICS in every way. These are of the CUT & PASTE form, which is bad enough, but they are also so poor in quality, I couldn’t play this game on full screen. The WINDOWED version was the size of a (small) NOTEBOOK, and LOOKED GOOD ENOUGH. The HO SCENES  were still ugly piles of nonsense junk, many items distorted out of recognition, and very small. And even in such a small window, some of the cuts were visible.

SOUND & MUSIC were rudimentary, but could be ADJUSTED SEPARATELY. There was a very occasional VOICEOVER who provided background information about historic climbs etc.

The STORY is for show only, as it is both IRRELEVANT to the gameplay, and SILLY. You are in a race to the top of Everest, but you can’t go straight there, you must find a secret way up before the other teams do, and your journey starts in the jungles of South America!

The GAMEPLAY is MAP-DRIVEN. There is NO ADVENTURE play, and NO PUZZLES, apart from a couple of jigsaws.

Each level gives you a number of LOCATIONS to visit. There you will complete a static HO LIST. Scattered throughout are also MULTIPLES HOS. You visit each location 3 times.

There are COLLECTIBLES in the form of 5 GEMS to be found in each scene, which earn you HINTS. The number of hints is FINITE, so if you use them you’ll need to replace them.

There is also an HOURGLASS in each scene to give you extra time.

It is a TIMED game, with no choice in the matter, and you compete with 3 RIVAL TEAMS whose progress is constantly measured against yours. If you come last in a level, you have to do it again. You also have the option to REPLAY a level.

If you play on a notebook and are comfortable with that, and if you like classic HO action, then this will probably appeal to you.

For the rest of us – stand clear, someone might fall!

I Don't Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:07 pm