Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
djrum
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
snapnhiss
8 posters

Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss

snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss Empty Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:13 am

My cat's name is Hiss and she had been fake biting me right before I created this username at BFG.  I thought it was funny but I've had a few people ask me about it, probably because of my charming personality.  Embarrassed 

The lovely and talented JustTheFacts told me about this place and how nice everyone is so I thought I'd come for a visit.  Hopefully there's no one here that I've angered at BFG, I tend to be a bit outspoken.

I'm 55, female and I'm a federal employee on a military base scheduling aircraft hydraulics through my shop for overhaul.  I play casual games to relax and escape into beautiful magical worlds, although I enjoy scary very much as well.  I'm a fiend for science fiction, horror, fantasy, and thriller genres in movies, TV and books and I love talking about my favorite shows, of which there are many.

ETA:  I added Hiss as my avatar.  Wub
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss Empty Re: Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:54 am

Welcome! 
    52 and female here, btw. Happy bounce  Though I teach 3yos in a nursery school so when my day is done I'm MORE than ready for something a little... dark. <mwuahahaa> (Though I like a lot of fantasy stuff too.)
    Your cat's a beauty btw and looks kinda like my Charlie, whose eyes are green. Smile

Last edited by RenaissanceMom on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss Empty Re: Don't be frightened, I don't really snap and hiss

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:06 am

Welcome! Snapnhiss!  We're happy to have you here Sunny  If you have any questions about the site, just let us know~!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks very much, nice to meet you both.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:33 am

Hi snapnhiss! It's nice to meet you & Hiss. She's absolutely beautiful! A very interesting job you have, my Dad retired from the Air Force!

I've seen you around the forums at BFG and generally agreed with everything you posted. Big smile 

I stayed away from all the "drama" over there.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:45 am

I need to learn to do that, I keep getting love notes from the mods.  Loopy<--- I have no idea what this is but it made me laugh.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 pm

snapnhiss!! Cool, great to see you here. What time of the day is it where you live?
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm in Utah (Mountain Time) so it's only 2:14 PM right now.  Time change tonight!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Almost exactly 12 hours difference for me then. Here is 4am and I should have been in bed hours ago. But I'm playing Ravenswood and except for cig breaks have not been able to tear myself away.

Will have to go to bed soon though, so I'll wish everyone a good night/day etc. Offering 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks for reminding me of the time change, snapnhiss. I'd forgotten again! Embarrassed 

Goodnight & sweet dreams, JustTheFacts! nite-nite
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Gah!  I'd forgotten the time change!  Thanks for mentioning it!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 am

I guess my posting style rubbed someone the wrong way, I got a nasty PM at BFG yesterday saying I was condescending, that I had no right to tell others how to post (after my snit about the words "childish" and "simple-minded" to describe the latest ERS game) and that I was to blame for the closure of CCC.  She left out world hunger and the failure of the Obamacare website, I'm sure I'm somehow responsible for those too.
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:14 am

Welcome snapnhiss! A happily retired female here! So glad to finally know who was responsible for the closing of the CCC!  Smile
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:28 am

snapnhiss wrote:I was to blame for the closure of CCC.
    OH!  meh  OMG that's horrible!!!
    Did you let the mods know? Personally, I can't even imagine continuing to post there. As far as I'm concerned I was thrown out of there and have NO desire to continue to hang around "the pond". <snicker>
    Justgaming
    Justgaming

Post by Justgaming Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 am

Welcome Snapnhiss. Sunny  I'm retired too but writing the next great American novel this month so I'm not around much.

Can I join the 'unwanted club' too? I was thrown out almost 3 years ago.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 am

Obviously, I am doing something wrong Huh? - bfg forum has not kicked me out yet. Oh well, give me some time, I guess, I tend to shut up in the pond for lack of interest in petty arguments.Evil Grin 

Been dying to use that emoticon! Two thumbs up
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 am

Welcome! Great to see you here, snapnhiss.  Your Hiss looks a lot like my boy, Jesse, who's been known to latch onto me with his sharp little fangs.  I've learned not to pull away, then when he's chastised me enough, he lets me go, lol.

I'm retired also, for so many decades I can't even remember when I joined the leisurely class.  Hope you enjoy it here, a wonderful forum I think.  And one can get so much interesting info re games here, yay!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:52 am