Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone Empty Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:01 am

Dark Canvas: Blood & Stone
    by Vast Studios - October, 2013

Series links: Dark Canvas 1: A Brush With Death, Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone Dark-canvas-blood-and-stone-ce_feature

Who used the encasing device in the grisly murder of the Sculptor and his bride? What loathsome secrets are hiding behind the high walls of elegant, Grecian estates? Explore a beautiful and romantic Greek village by the sea, as you use your investigative reporting skills to track down a desperate, haunted killer – before they kill again!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Play the mini-games and hidden object scenes again!
    • Return to Partha in a Bonus Chapter
    • Download soundtracks, wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art!

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone Th_screen1_Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone Th_screen2_Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone Empty Re: Dark Canvas 2: Blood & Stone

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:06 am

Looks Like Fun!
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Nicely put together, somewhat creepy intro, with very clean graphics and charming, if occasionally a little overdone, voice acting. This game just looks and sounds good. The story is a little different and the Greek setting is wonderfully “Greek”. The music is light and unobtrusive.

A sculptor has invented a strange ‘encasing’ device for his sculptures, and someone has used it to kill the sculptor himself and his wife. As an investigative reporter, we are sent to find out the truth. We meet interesting characters with their own issues, as well as people who can help us and a kitten who helps us out a little. Backstory is told in interesting excerpts found on diary tablets of stone, which are a collecting achievement.

MAKING PROGRESS (GAMEPLAY)
    This game is unusual, because it is mostly a puzzle adventure. There are 20 or so, compared to just 7 HOPs. The puzzles range from very easy to “thank god for skip”, even this early in the game. And they are creative and fun to do. The HOPs are interactive lists, visited twice. Not counted as either HOP or puzzles are progressive silhouette (find & use) HOPs, also visited twice.

Action is fairly linear, and contained within each chapter. There is an interactive jump map that indicates objectives, not current actions. The hint is directional. Between them, I only used the SG to find out what it was like. (Good)

CE BLING!
    There is quite a bit to find in this one and certainly enough to justify a CE status. The usual bonus game, SG, gallery, and replayable HOPs and puzzles. Plus 60 collectible coins to by statuettes for your collection room. 20 Morphing objects - difficult to find, and sometimes with >1 in a location! Many achievements, quite a range from “complete x part of the game” to the standard timing and accuracy ones, plus a few goofball ones as well.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    The first Dark Canvas got mixed reviews. Although I really liked it, many others didn’t. I don’t think one will be as controversial. It is not my favourite CE game ever. But I think all those extras add to its charm and make it likely to be a better buy than the SE.

It is certainly a good game, and  seems as though it will be fun to play.

I Recommend This Game
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:24 am

JustTheFacts wrote: a kitten who helps us out a little
    <sigh> Thanks for the review but I stopped reading it at this point. Overreaction
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:17 am

Thought of you when I was writing this Big smile I got the feeling he would not be there for the whole game.

btw LOVE your avatar!!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 am

He he, Genki's been inspiring me with her ever-changing avatars.
    I did go on to read the rest of your review, btw. Excellently written as always!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:47 am