Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Our Furbabies

genkicoll

Re: Our Furbabies

Post by genkicoll on Fri May 29, 2015 5:44 pm

We have a new baby to love!  This is a picture from the Friends of Felines website:

I met her yesterday.  Very sweet, active, and actively seeks out attention Wub  As you can see, she's a tortoiseshell (I don't think she has any white; just black and orange), but what you can't see is that she has no tail!  I don't know whether she's part manx or if there was some kind of trauma, but she's a sweetie, no doubt!

I showed her to my husband last night when I got home, and the look on his face was just so sweet. "She looks just like Callie!" he said wistfully. Heart 

We discussed it for a while, and it wasn't long until we decided that she needed to come join our little family Sunny  I went in to FoF at lunch time, and they still had her, so I adopted her!  Apparently a lot of people had been asking about her~!  My response?  "Well, I'm really glad people were interested in her... and I'm glad I got here first!" Laugh

I'll be picking her up on my way home.  Hopefully it won't take Ceri and Jasmine long to accept her~!

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Fri May 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Half Flower 

am so happy for you !!  Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce 

and that is one lucky feline !!

a belated birthday present  ...   Present 

eagerly awaiting progress reports ..

Sunny Sunny Sunny

Lion

Post by Lion on Sat May 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Genki....from one cat lover to you....I can't be happier for you.  She is totally beautiful..with or without a tail   it's the eyes & personality that count   & she's definitely got that.   Please keep us posted !!!!  So gorgeous !!!!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 pm

We have kitty drama!

As you know, we adopted Luna on Friday.  She's been a sick kitty; terribly skinny, won't eat or drink, and vomiting. :(  I've taken her to the vet twice, and possibly will go back tomorrow.  Her "uterine stump" is infected, but now that I know how to keep her antibiotics down, we're very hopeful that she'll turn around quickly.

In the meantime, my husband went to see his brother today... and came home with another cat! OH!  It's a beautiful calico with all three colors (orange, black, and white) and female we think.  Someone had dumped her a few days ago, and she was so sweet that hubby couldn't stand to see her without a home, so... Laugh

I'm not saying that we'll keep her, but it's possible that we'll end up with four cats! faints

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 pm

genkicoll wrote:We have kitty drama!

As you know, we adopted Luna on Friday.  She's been a sick kitty; terribly skinny, won't eat or drink, and vomiting. :(  I've taken her to the vet twice, and possibly will go back tomorrow.  Her "uterine stump" is infected, but now that I know how to keep her antibiotics down, we're very hopeful that she'll turn around quickly.

In the meantime, my husband went to see his brother today... and came home with another cat! OH!  It's a beautiful calico with all three colors (orange, black, and white) and female we think.  Someone had dumped her a few days ago, and she was so sweet that hubby couldn't stand to see her without a home, so... Laugh

I'm not saying that we'll keep her, but it's possible that we'll end up with four cats! faints

Half Flower

Oh MY !!!  where to start ..  Stars

you sure have a happening household ..

and a lovely man  ...  if I may say so 

kind hearts are true treasures .....

hopefully all will right itself soon with Lady Luna ...

thoughts are with ALL of your lovely felines ...

4 is a special number btw ....

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Picture added~!

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Half Flower

oh baby ...  Hug

what a darling face !!

damn ... but do so love cats  Wub 

and the eyes are so all knowing and mysterious ... they just draw you in ..

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:36 pm

It looks like she's going to have to go to Friends of Felines.  She's beautiful and aggressively attention-seeking (very sweet,) BUT she growled and lashed out at me when I tried to pet her while she was near the food bowl.  The other cats were locked up, and I'm sure I had their scent on me, but we just can't have that.

It's OK, three really is enough!

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:43 pm

genkicoll wrote:It looks like she's going to have to go to Friends of Felines.  She's beautiful and aggressively attention-seeking (very sweet,) BUT she growled and lashed out at me when I tried to pet her while she was near the food bowl.  The other cats were locked up, and I'm sure I had their scent on me, but we just can't have that.

It's OK, three really is enough!

Half Flower

simply unacceptable  ...  actually.  nono

sounds almost as if she were feral ..

3 is a more mystical number anyway 

like the 3 sides of a pyramid ...

pretty does not mean nice ...

and y'all deserve happy families ...

but still ... his heart was so in the right place   (lucky you Hug )

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Well, I think this new one would fit in really well with my kitties - i.e. wonderfully cuddly with humans, monsters to each other. 

Give her a while to adjust, I mean, it was her food bowl you were thinking of taking - to her mind - and there aren't many sins worse in feline eyes.

She is almost certainly a girl. More than 90% of all calico cats are female.

Hell broke loose again yesterday between Tobie and Jackie, my two combative babies. Tobie didn't mean to be especially mean, I don't think, but Jackie is so hypersensitive, she went totally hysterical at the light-weight swipe took at her. But I can't see what else to do other than find a new home for Tobie. His needs are just a bit more than I can ahdle, what with exercise (currently a fast trot to the food bowl once per day), low-fat foods (expensive! and difficult not to share with the others), and this staring contest he has with all of the girls but especially Jackie.

At the moment, I have a calming collar on Toby, in the hope it'll settle down his "dominance" behaviour. I tried one of Jackie too, but she nearly strangled herself getting it off, which she managed in less than half an hour.  Yeah right I have the usually miraculously calming potion on in the office too, which is where this all took place. having more than one from different litters and different circumstances is a real challenge!

Lion

Post by Lion on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:35 am

So sorry Luna didn't work out for you Genki.  I have a kit named Luna & she is so very sweet & gets picked on by 2 of my other kits.  She runs to me on futon for protection....help me mom !!!!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:27 am

Luna is staying and -- happy day! -- she's eating! Happy bounce  It's the one hubby brought home yesterday that's going to Friends of Felines (temporarily named Gypsy.)

Gypsy is getting very aggressive whenever she even smells the other cats, and she nearly attacked me when I tried to pick her up last night!  She was super, super loving until she spotted the other cats, but then she turned into demon-cat. *sigh*  That's just not going to work, and to be honest, I think four is one too many!

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:52 am

Sounds like "gypsy" is an appropriate name for the aggressive little one. She certainly has had to fend for herself at some time I would guess, either in a human but not disciplined home where no one ever really gave her any love or reassurance. Or more likely still, she has indeed have to have gone a little way into feral before she was found. 

I've had a couple of ferals or recently-dumped cats who were totally emotionally dependent on me, but unable to cope with other cat, what am I talking about, I've got one lying down beside me at the pc right now lol. But if Jackie is my most complex and stressed cat i've ever kept, she is also the best behaved out of all the ones that have been found and brought to me.

I've decided I don't trust anybody to give Tobie or Jackie the special attention they need in half as dedicated manner as myself, so I'm keeping them both - and giving both their own room lol. From now on they will live in different parts of the house at different times, so they will each get their "space", but for one hour a day, they will spend a sun-drenched time with mum in the cats' playroom - yes as well as private penthouses, they have social activities rooms lol. 

There I'll give them both some quality time doing stuff they each love and with special (diet) food treats and cuddles for any polite action either of them take. And I thought I had a lot of work to put in on them before!

But for me, taking in a cat and agreeing to keep it is a sworn contract to protect, feed and care for a cat to the best of my abilities, and to extend their happy healthy lives as long as possible. Without me, these cats in particular will die within no time. My commitment is a life and death issue here. And one I take very seriously.

Soap box

Oops! Didn't mean to go on so!  Oops!

Lion

Post by Lion on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Genki...calico cats really have a sense of catitude.  I had one & she was affectionate to me from day one....was cool with Charli, a black & white kit I adopted from neighbors & helped care for.  When I brought her here to Oregon & started getting other cats, she got really pissed off.

Lion

Post by Lion on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Good job Justie....we can only do our best for those that don't get along.  I have kits that don't get along also & tell them STOP IT & they pretty much do.  You need to use the 'VOICE' on them so they understand.  Doesn't always work....but you need to keep trying.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Lion wrote:When I brought her here to Oregon & started getting other cats, she got really pissed off.

Is that a typo?  I'm just sure you meant really hissed off. Snicker

Lion

Post by Lion on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Either way Genki...she didn't like the others much

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Half Flower 

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:38 pm

genkicoll wrote:
    Lion wrote:When I brought her here to Oregon & started getting other cats, she got really pissed off.

Is that a typo?  I'm just sure you meant really hissed off. Snicker
    Half Flower

Snicker

good one !!!  Okay

wish I had said that !!

and I probably will ..  Big smile

as I do steal more than dragon eggs ...

*hissed off*   excellent ....  Belly laugh

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:25 am

I came across this about cats and had to share.  It is so funny and true  http://topstalk.com/2015/08/08/30-hilarious-struggles-only-cat-owners-will-understand-the-4-really-made-my-day-lol/

Esme

Post by Esme on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:13 am

I haven't shared my two in a while. Love my furbabies!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:19 am

Heart

Esme

Post by Esme on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Thanks, I know this is a kitty cat crowd, but my dogs are mighty adorable to me.  Wub

orphaned

Post by orphaned on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Esme wrote:Thanks, I know this is a kitty cat crowd, but my dogs are mighty adorable to me.  Wub
    Half Flower

uh uh     nono

am a puppy person .... 

they are magnificent ...  Wub

would show you my little guy  but does not show in here ..   Meh

have a crazed Morkie ... the size of your guys' head !!!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:43 am

A Morkie?   Is that a mixture of a Yorkie with a Mastiff?  OH!

I have a picture of a dog with a big head and teeny body.   Snicker

OK,  I looked it up.    Maltese and Yorkie.    They are cute.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:26 am

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 am