Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting Empty Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:04 am

Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting
    by Litera - June, 2013

Series
    :  Detective Agency, Detective Agency 2: Banker's Wife, Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting

Available at:
    Big Fish

Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting Detective-agency-3-ghost-painting_feature

A terrible chain of mysterious events and cold blooded murders is revealed during the investigation of an old haunted mansion. Investigate the reason behind the disappearance of a painter and solve a cold case that has left a frightening trail to the present in Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting!

• Brilliant in-game videos
    • Brain teasing mini-games

Click images to enlarge
    Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting Th_screen1_Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting Th_screen2_Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting Empty Re: Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:07 am

Oh Dear!!  
    Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

What a terrible disappointment! From the video and screenshots, you couldn’t tell what quickly became apparent. This game is bad, with no redeeming features.

The INTRO did let you know just how awful this was going to be, with POOR VISUALS, mixed ‘large file’ style graphics, with comic style. NO VOICEOVER and blurry text on the subtitles. Throughout the game there is a lot of dialogue with the same blurry text, in speech balloons.

The game appears to be a HOG, but it’s a very poor one, with neither enough (preferably clear and interesting) scenes between the adventure, or sufficient adventure and puzzles to be a HOPA.

The HO SCENES themselves were so sad. POOR QUALITY GRAPHICS, mediocre drawing, NO ANIMATIONS, altogether created a very FLAT 2 DIMENSIONAL FEEL. Lists were ever so slightly interactive first visit, not so the second.

But on a smaller monitor they might have got away with that, except that the ADVENTURE component of the game was also SO LAME & IRRATIONAL, I spent a lot of time simply using HINT to get around to the next step rather than trying to guess myself. HINT is DIRECTIONAL, btw. So I guess that’s ONE POSITIVE FEATURE. There is NO MAP.

At no time did I get any kind of feel for the STORY. I’m confused as to who is haunting whom, if any, and what’s this about live paintings. Mentioned earlier, and never followed through.

I normally stick to a demo through thick and thin when doing a review, but when the HINT button stopped working (don’t know if I used it too much or a glitch), I called it quits.

Unfortunately, unless you have a small screen and infinite patience, I can’t recommend this game.

I don't recommend this game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am