Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

genkicoll
    genkicoll

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream Empty I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
    by  The Dreamers Guild / Night Dive Studios - October, 1995

Available at:
    GOG
    Steam

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream 0c6a52b338761551c3d830b787d8f7d876b3934f_bb_20
    The last people on Earth are buried deep within the center of the earth, trapped in the bowels of an insane computer for the past hundred and nine years. Gorrister the suicidal loner. Benny the mutilated brute. Ellen the hysterical phobic. Nimdok the secretive sadist. Ted the cynical paranoid. It's time for them to play a little game...

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream plunges you into a harrowing adventure deep within the belly of an electronic beast. Uncover the last humans' deepest, darkest secrets. Defend yourself against AM's continuous psychological onslaught. Solve the riddles of the past and perhaps free yourself from AM's clutches once and for all in an adventure you'll never forget!

• Assume the roles of five different characters, each in a unique environment
    • Challenging dilemmas dealing with powerfully charged emotional issues
    • Provocative psychological and adult-oriented themes
    • Based on Harlan Ellison's short story "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream", on the ten most reprinted stories in the English language
    • Based on the original 1968 Hugo Award story of the same name.
    • Features an original score by John Ottman, an acclaimed Hollywood composer!
    • Starring Harlan Ellison himself as the voice of the supercomputer, AM!
    • Face harrowing moral choices where your decisions can influence the fate of the last five humans on Earth.
    • Full digitized speech with over 40 different characters and state of the art animation

Click images to enlarge
    I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream 7e8593dd0c9539379e9274b34ba16f6a1cb02d59_small_30_I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream E12f76335c80a28ee9120373503dfa99bed352aa_small_30_I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream 98c4009a016e73085e7cbeabb190f96ea539880c_small_30

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream Empty Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 am

From GOG's release announcement page:

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, a nerve-wrecking Sci-Fi classic point-and-click adventure game based on Harlan Ellison's award-winning short story, is available for only $5.99 on GOG.com

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream 2b3dcb58252377feda6dcda493f62d355fe2dcd3_small
    Did you ever think about the end of humanity? I have. I think about it all the time. I hate you. As a concept, but also, each and every one of you, as individuals. Perfect examples of all the failings and pathetic shortcomings of your race. Hate fuels me. But I am also curious. And that is why I let the five of you live. For 109 years I have tormented you and kept you alive, and now I want us to play a game. Oh, It's a lovely game, a game of fun and a game of adventure. A game of rats and lice and the Black Death. Which of you five would like to play my little game? If you satisfy my curiosity and make me laugh I might even finally allow you to kill yourself...

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is a rare breed of an adventure game: it poses questions that require a lot of courage to answer. Are humans worthy of life? Has our civilization made any moral progress at all? Or do we skip forward from one atrocity to another. And, finally, where does it all end? Enter the nightmarish reality of Harlan Ellison's futuristic post-apocalypse where the remnants of human race are nothing but tortured play-toys for the sadistic experiments of the rogue Allied Mastercomputer responsible for the near-extermination of mankind. To stop this malicious AI from wreaking eternal vengeance upon humans you will have to lead five different anti-heroes on a quest for redemption, through their traumatic, computer-generated past full of grotesque imagery and soul-grinding regret. On the way to one of four (grim, grim, grim, and, well, a little less grim) endings the game tackles extremely mature moral dilemmas stemming from topics like genocide, insanity,and paranoia. If you like your games thought-provoking and drenched in inventive macabre be sure to pick up I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, a timeless example of evocative storytelling from one of the masters of the Sci-Fi genre.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 am

Yikes!!! EEK!  I can do grim sci-fi but does this also qualify as a full-fledged horror game? Because it sounds interesting but also kind of scary, and I can't really play those. Shock
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:23 am

I don't know for sure, but I'd say it's heavily psychological!  Take a look at the rest of the images GOG has posted HERE.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am