Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Echoes of Sorrow 2

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Echoes of Sorrow 2 Empty Echoes of Sorrow 2

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 am

Echoes of Sorrow 2
    by Alawar/Karibu Games - September, 2013

Series links: Echoes of Sorrow, Echoes of Sorrow 2

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse

Echoes of Sorrow 2 202302

Your ex-husband killed your father, kidnapped your children, and shot your husband. While your husband is in a coma, use a dream machine to travel through his mind to find your children in Echoes of Sorrow 2, the thrilling hidden object adventure game.

You'll be immersed in the story from the very beginning as you learn about your ill-fated love and how your trust is broken along with your heart. What really happened the night your children were kidnapped? As you explore the world inside in your husband's head, you understand just how bleak the truth is. You will do whatever it takes to get your children back!

•    Explore 40 creatively detailed, unique locations.
    •    Play 20 mini-games.
    •    Solve 16 hidden object scenes.
    •    Choose from two modes of difficulty: Casual or Expert.

Click images to enlarge
    Echoes of Sorrow 2 Th_screen1_Echoes of Sorrow 2 Th_screen2_Echoes of Sorrow 2 Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Echoes of Sorrow 2 Empty Re: Echoes of Sorrow 2

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Not For Me

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Very low key intro with the character’s voiceover explaining (confusingly) the lover’s triangle that tore her world apart. The voice is good, the cut scene graphics are not. But not enough to distract.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    Graphics throughout the game are good, nothing special, but that’s okay, right? The HOP scenes are static, which is NOT good. It gives this game a flat look.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    We pick up this story after your husband is shot by your jealous ex, Luke, who has also killed your father and kidnapped your children. Using the mind machine from  the first Echoes Of Sorrow, you enter the comatose mind of your husband, seeking the truth behind all the violence. And apparently, we are not going to like it.

MAKING PROGRESS
    There are 2 types of HOP in this game – multiples, and interactive lists. The list HOPs (static, no interaction) are visited twice. Sometimes asking for the same items. There are many, many puzzles and mini-games. I didn’t find them all that hard or original.

Except one lock pick mini-game that required hand/eye coordination to complete. I probably won’t buy this game, specifically because of this mini-game. Skip is quite slow even on easy, and the mouse movements needed had me slipping out of the puzzle window continuously, at which point the skip counter started again. After endless attempts at being patient for the lengthy skip to fill, I just gave up on the game. (Where there’s one nasty niggly thing, there’s sure to be more.)

The journal keeps information after the event as well codes etc. The directional hint is good, but you must wait for a refill to go each step to the right location. Luckily, it refills a lot faster than skip!

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    I quite liked the first Echoes Of Sorrow, despite its age and simplicity, but this one, well it just frustrated me. It will suit many others, though, and there are a lot worse games out there. Still, going with my gut ...

I Don't Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm