Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Memoria

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Memoria Empty Memoria

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Memoria
    by Daedalic Entertainment - August 29, 2013
    Official Website (forum, game info, media)

Series links: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav , Memoria

Available at:
    GamersGate
    GOG
    Steam

Memoria Header_292x136

Two stories, two main characters, one epic experience: in Memoria, players travel through different time periods, while following two distinct protagonists: Sadja, a southern princess who wants to be a war hero, and Geron, a bird catcher who wants to lift a curse from his girlfriend. The game combines point & click gameplay with unique magic skills.

Sadja, a Southern princess, has an unstoppable desire to become the greatest hero in history – by joining and succeeding in the biggest war Aventuria has ever seen: The war of the Mages, fought in the middle of an uninhabitable desert.
    Bird catcher Geron lives almost 450 years after the Great War. Geron’s eternal love, Nuri, has been turned into a crow by an evil curse. To give her back her human form, Geron needs the help of the mysterious merchant Fahi, who has magical powers. But Fahi is only willing to help Geron if he agrees to solve a puzzle which Fahi has seen in his dreams. The quest for answers soon leads to a chain of events that connects both Sadja's and Geron's stories, threatening to turn the present into a grim reflection of a long forgotten past.

Memoria combines classic point & click adventure gameplay with the features of The Dark Eye, one of the most successful RPG universes known in the fantasy world. Point & click adventure game puzzles get a unique twist by adding magical features – and a wise, talking staff. Over eight chapters, players control both Sadja’s and Geron’s fates, involuntarily interacting with each other and bridging over 500 years of time. Each chapter in Memoria features opulent graphics, epic locations, a thrilling fantasy crime story and a unique puzzle design that differs from chapter to chapter.

• Epic fantasy soundtrack and high quality voiceover to draw you deep into the game
    • Dive into the world of The Dark Eye, and explore mystical places such as Draconia, an ancient temple built by dragons
    • Follow the story of two unique characters through two different time periods
    • Beautifully hand-drawn 2D backgrounds and high quality 3D game characters
    • From the creator of The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, The Whispered World and Deponia
    • Walkthrough (Gamezebo)
    • GGG Group Play-through

Memoria Ss_1745fd401dc264b02b75796000def7901c2dddf7.600x338
    Memoria Ss_a83ecbfd24b1b0c94136258f0a7f797eb1ae04b2.600x338
    Memoria Ss_5495fbd2e0622cfe6cee245d01b7b84328981e15.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Memoria Empty Re: Memoria

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 am

Now at GOG:

Release: Memoria
    A modern point-and-click adventure classic set in the world of the Dark Eye.

Memoria, a refined adventure game with impressive hand-drawn visuals, captivating story, interesting characters, and a magical gameworld that will consume you whole, is available 10% off on GOG.com for Windows and Mac. That's only $17.99 for the first week.

Memoria 7d4dc50a4c1a02f151bf9f9118d9a803127f1b1a_smallSadja, a Southern princess, has an unstoppable desire to become the greatest hero in history – by joining and succeeding in the biggest war Aventuria has ever seen: The war of the Mages, fought in the middle of an uninhabitable desert. Bird catcher Geron lives almost 450 years after the Great War. Geron’s eternal love, Nuri, has been turned into a crow by an evil curse. To give her back her human form, Geron needs the help of the mysterious merchant Fahi, who has magical powers. But Fahi is only willing to help Geron if he agrees to solve a puzzle which Fahi has seen in his dreams. The quest for answers soon leads to a chain of events that connects both Sadja's and Geron's stories, threatening to turn the present into a grim reflection of a long forgotten past.

From the modern adventure game powerhouse, Daedalic Entertainment, comes Memoria, a captivating journey into the world of the Dark Eye. You will marvel at the gorgeous hand-drawn graphics that will charm you into believing you've been transported into a magical realm. You'll grow to like and care for the characters: princess Sadja and Geron, the bird catcher. Accompanying them on their respective quests, over the course of eight satisfying chapters, may prove to be the greatest adventure gaming experience you've had so far!

Are you longing for a really magical journey? There's one waiting for you in Daedalic Entertainment's masterpiece, Memoria for only $17.99 on GOG.com. The 10% discount launch offer will last until Friday, October 4, at 9:59AM GMT.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:07 am

This looks so beautiful! I understand it's a point & click, but I wonder if it's also a shooter? I have zero interest in shooters - I suck at them and don't really want to try to improve.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:24 am

This is by the same folks who did The Whispered World, and if there was shooting or combat involved, it should be listed as being part action, which I don't see at any of the sites.  Pretty sure it's a pure adventure!

BTW, I don't care for shooters, either! Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 am

This is on special for $10 at Gamers Gate! If I remember correctly, you're proposing this as a group play aren't you genki?

I'll get it if you are - it looks so beautiful, and I think I will be ready for a group play by the time you can organise it.

(Hope all is well, house-wise!)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 am

Yes, mid-July I want to do a group play!  That will give anyone who needs to time to play the first game, The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, first! Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:52 am

Ah! well, will have to get that too then lol
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:56 am

That was easy! Satinav was on sale for $3.99! lol

Now all I gotta do is drag myself away from Dragons long enough to learn how to play these games!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:37 am

THIS should help, Justie! Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:42 am

Yay! That is fabulous! Instant bookmark on that one!

(my bookmark bar got over crowded lately, so I shoved everything unimportant into a folder and named it 'Real Life'  Snicker )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am