Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Left in the Dark: No One on Board

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 pm

by Moonrise Interactive - August, 2013

Available at:
    Artifex Mundi
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Left in the Dark: No One on Board is a hidden-object puzzle-adventure game with a moody ambience and creepy setting. Private Detective Charlotte Austin knew this case was going to be an odd one after reading the letter from the Mayor of Portsmouth. In it, he asks her to solve the mystery of a ship that disappeared at sea and then reappeared a few weeks later with neither crew nor cargo. Her initial attempts to draw logical conclusions based on the evidence fail utterly. Charlotte realizes there may be something to the curse the local press is writing about. After encountering a hooded figure with a hook on a supposedly abandoned ship in a series of eerie events, she fears the mystery is much darker and deeper than she originally thought. Charlotte has to discover what connects the ship’s disappearance with Devil’s Island and a family’s unsolved murder. But will she find the allies she needs to break the Curse of the Traveler?

• Strategy Guide
    • Walkthrough (Big Fish)
    • Unique puzzles with different difficulty levels
    • Gripping storyline
    • Unique hand-drawn art

Click images to enlarge
    __

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sportygal2009

Re: Left in the Dark: No One on Board

Post by Sportygal2009 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 pm

DELETED

Last edited by Sportygal2009 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:35 am

Maritime Mystery Will Keep You Guessing****

BASED ON FULL DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    It may seem a little subdued at the start, but there are some very scary moments in the opening part of the game. This game starts out with a classic mystery: the abandoned ship with all crew mysteriously gone.

The introduction to our story includes cut scenes that are beautifully drawn, and I love the ‘ghostly’ ship. We are a detective who has received a letter from the mayor of Portsmouth, where the ship first set to sea, and then returned some weeks later. He and the harbourmaster have little to offer by way of assistance, so, lantern in hand, you board the strange vessel and begin an inspection. Things go pretty much downhill from there.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics are a delight, top quality and hand drawn, but with a rougher touch which makes them significantly different from the ‘pretty’ art of fantasy games, but nowhere near as dark and dreary as other thrillers. There is a mistiness about many of the scenes, giving it a ghostly ambience while not interfering at all with the clarity of the scenes.

The music is just okay, but the ambient sounds are good, and the voiceovers are excellent. You can adjust sounds, music, voice dubbing. You can also adjust for aspect ratio.

MAKING PROGRESS
    There is a lot to do in every location, and there are a lot of locations (15 in the demo alone). The gameplay is old-fashioned these days, with only interactive lists for the HOs and well known easy puzzles. I really like that when you revisit a HO scene, the items you removed before are still gone. Hint is directional and has an almost instantaneous refill, as does skip.

The interactive jump map can be adjusted to show active areas or not, by the choice you make of 3 difficulty levels. Even on the lowest level, the sparkles are discreet except for the HO scenes.

At first I thought this was going to be mostly a HO game, but it actually has a lot of adventure tasks and objectives as well, and even the puzzles are fairly frequent, but I can’t pretend that I didn’t find it very easy.

I enjoy easy if the story is fun, and this one definitely has me. The action is logical but not linear, and I am intrigued... How will this story end up being what the ad blurb on this game’s web page describes it? There is a mere breath of a hint in the last moments of the demo.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    Have you noticed these things seem to go in waves (excuse the unavoidable pun)? We’ve been having a lot of maritime adventures lately! Luckily I like a good swashbuckler, so I’m diving right in!

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:33 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 pm