Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Awakening 5: The Sunhook Spire

genkicoll

Awakening 5: The Sunhook Spire

Post by genkicoll on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Awakening: The Sunhook Spire
    by Boomzap Entertainment - August, 2013

Series links: Awakening 1: The Dreamless Castle, Awakening 2: Moonfell Wood, Awakening 3: The Goblin Kingdom, Awakening 4: The Skyward Castle, Awakening 5: The Sunhook Spire, Awakening Kingdoms "Free-to-Play", Awakening 6: The Redleaf Forest, Awakening 7: The Golden Age

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Long ago, a kingdom was cast into darkness. Its king and queen were cursed to a deep sleep. Their daughter, Princess Sophia, ascended the throne and brought hope to the kingdom. In her quest to awaken her parents from their slumber, Sophia learned of a powerful Enchantress who could undo the spell. Alas! On her way to the Enchantress' lair at Sunhook Spire, she was beset by treacherous mercenaries. Can the young Queen escape the mercenaries and get to Sunhook Spire safely? After a thousand years of separation, will Sophia finally meet her parents? Scale the heights of Sunhook Spire, rescue the Enchantress and uncover the tower's mysteries in this epic journey!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Collectible morphing objects
    • Unlockable achievements
    • Strategy Guide
    • Soundtrack, Concept Art & Wallpaper
    • Bonus Chapter: Sophia's friends turn against her

For the Standard Edition

• Walkthrough
    • Strategy Guide (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    __

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:50 am; edited 4 times in total

JustTheFacts

Re: Awakening 5: The Sunhook Spire

Post by JustTheFacts on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Still The Best?
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON DEMO

For years now the Awakening series has pretty much cornered the market on seriously beautiful and cute. Lately, of course, there has been some awesome inroads into their area of expertise. So I’ve been looking forward to seeing how they will handle the competition.

Well, not at all as I expected. The graphics are still gorgeous, very pretty, but not state-of-the-art. The cute offsiders are still cute (who can resist a pocket dragon? And I love the mermaid), but not exceptionally so. The puzzles are once again dazzlingly original and inventive. But they have brought back HO scenes (admittedly with unique twists), after practically abandoning them in The Skyward Castle. And the ominous feel that game had is gone.

The beginning of this series introduced us to a fairy tale world in which a beautiful princess awoke after 100 years of sleep, to discover she is the only human left. But she does have delightful companions to assist her, as she tries to discover what has happened to the rest of her race. We have followed her since this very pleasant but simple start to her adventure through 4 lands and have watched her grow and mature as her world expanded. Now, perhaps, she will finally meet the parents who so long ago left her in the Dreamless Castle, and settle down with her own people.

But this game is still pitched to grownups, and as with the story, so with the gameplay. It is logical but imaginative, and the puzzles are complex and challenging. The introduction of totally unique HO puzzles follows in the tradition of this series, which is always one step ahead of us. Also, there are still beautiful multiples of, matching pairs and other pictorial puzzles of amazing beauty. These are more difficult than those in the earlier games and also harder than the puzzles offered by games of a similar style.

It has a minimalistic jump map (no helpful information like pinpointing active areas), and a very helpful hint system in the person of a wise and knowledgeable owl.

In terms of the CE extras, we have the usual gallery items, plus achievements and morphing collectibles. The bonus chapter has the disconcerting title: “Sophia’s Friends Turn Against Her”, which is unthinkable even for a cynic like me! There is also a locked section called “Glass Works” that sounds promising.

Still the best in cute? No, I don't think so, but...  

I recommend this game!

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:42 am

I finally finished this game in Dreadmyre mode.   Did not get all the trophies,  but I tried.
    The one thing that really irritated me was the pickiness of where to place things.
    If you don't get it just so,  it will say something like "I must think of another solution".
    Which can be frustrating as at first--not knowing of it finickiness-- I wasted time trying
    to figure out what to do when I had it right the first time.  After awhile,  I just persisted until
    I got the placement right. 
    Other than that,  I enjoyed it--tho I had to take a break and do a D & E.    
    It looks like there will be another Awakening in the future.
    I had to admit,  I was a little confused at the ending of the Bonus when it mentioned what
    she was going after,   as that item had already been in my inventory and I had used it.
    Maybe someone who played it can explain it to me.    :Huh:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:53 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:53 pm