Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Looking for Platformer Like...

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Looking for Platformer Like... Empty Looking for Platformer Like...

Post by genkicoll Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 am

What I would really like to find is something like Donkey Kong 64 or Banjo Tooie for the PC. I've played those Nintendo 64 games over and over again, and I just love them.

Maybe something like DK64 isn't really possible without having a controller. I do have a couple of basic game controllers for the PC, but they are VERY basic -- really not good for anything but a classic-style RPG.

That being said, perhaps it's more realistic to look for something like the old Donkey Kong Country games -- loved them then and still do! Finding hidden areas was always exciting, and the gameplay was a lot of fun.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've posted multiple platformer games (including today's topic for Rayman Origins) but I haven't actually gotten around to trying any of them Silly face
    _DD_
    _DD_

Looking for Platformer Like... Empty Re: Looking for Platformer Like...

Post by _DD_ Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:43 am

It's not my game type -- I always just watched others play, lol -- and I've always difficulties to differentiate between action/arcade and platformer anyway, but out of curiosity:
    Do you mean suggestions for games like DK or for portals / providers for games like DK? I would have thought of GOG at once also, but nope. The Google search for "Donkey Kong for PC" brings a lot of results, but I have no idea how safe these sites are.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:29 am

What I'm looking for are platformers for the PC that play like Donkey Kong Country. I never liked Sonic the Hedgehog -- it's a platformer, but more of an arcade game. What I'm looking for is something with a bit more depth to it. Maybe an adventure-platformer.
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 pm

>>Maybe an adventure-platformer.

LOL Smile I see - good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am