Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Reveries 1: Sisterly Love

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Reveries 1: Sisterly Love Empty Reveries 1: Sisterly Love

Post by genkicoll Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 am

Reveries: Sisterly Love
    by ERS Game Studios - May, 2013

Series links: Reveries 1: Sisterly Love, Reveries 2: Soul Collector

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Reveries 1: Sisterly Love Reveries-sisterly-love-collectors-edition_feature

Save your twin from a nefarious witch in Reveries: Sisterly Love! In order to save your life, your sister, Monica, traded her soul
    to a witch. You watched helplessly as Monica grew old before your very eyes and then disappeared through a strange mirror. But you’re not feeling so helpless anymore! Monica’s sacrifice has given you the strength to venture through the looking glass to rescue your twin. Can you defeat the villainess and save Monica before her soul is lost forever? Find out as you journey through a whimsical fantasy world in this exciting Hidden Object adventure!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus game revealing Dreamland's new villain!
    • Beautiful wallpapers and concept art
    • Music tracks and screensavers
    • Integrated strategy guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Reveries 1: Sisterly Love Th_screen1 Reveries 1: Sisterly Love Th_screen2Reveries 1: Sisterly Love Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Reveries 1: Sisterly Love Empty Re: Reveries 1: Sisterly Love

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 am

Where Dreams Come True*****

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Dreams come true in this MAGICAL FANTASY TALE about the LOVE OF SISTERS. You are fatally ill when your sister is offered the chance to save you at the price of her youth and her soul. She does not hesitate, and is dragged off to ANOTHER WORLD by the witch who made the offer. Now well, you follow in the hopes of RESCUING her.

The netherworld is NOT the DARK HORRIFYING realm you normally expect, but a DREAM WORLD of UNBELIEVABLE BEAUTY, where ANYTHING is possible, and ROMANCE is as real as the SPRINGTIME that surrounds you. Of course, not all is as it should be, because there’s the witch to be dealt with, but you are immediately charmed by it all.

The GRAPHICS are indeed MAGICAL, clear, colourful, vibrant. The IMAGES created by the artists take your breath away. The AMBIENT SOUNDS are of songbirds and waterfalls. Nor does the IMAGINATIVE input stop there. The MUSIC is varied, definitely NOT the usual fare offered by ERS, and really ENJOYABLE. And a little musical DIVERSION from the norm I'll let you discover for yourself.

VOICEOVERS are a MIXED bag. The WITCH is sooo annoyingly CHILDISH, I can’t tell whether it’s deliberate or just bad acting. Certainly increases your dislike!

This game has a number of INTERESTING, UNIQUE, QUAINT & yes, SOMETIMES unbearably CUTE, CHARACTERS. You do not have a single constant COMPANION, but plenty of helpers along the way. And the enemy and her MINIONS are well done too.

The GAMEPLAY is involves a number of different HO STYLES, including: INTERACTIVE LISTS, MULTIPLES, PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTES, STANDARD SILHOUETTES and ‘find PAIRS that work together’. You visit them each twice, but that’s cool, they’re well worth a second look.

The PUZZLES are very ORIGINALLY & BEAUTIFULLY designed, and while there are some STANDARDS there are also NEW ones and twists on others. The ADVENTURE SIDE of the game is pretty STRAIGHTFORWARD, and there is an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP that indicates areas that are COMPLETE as well as those that are ACTIVE, and HINT is DIRECTIONAL.

There are many EXTRAS available with the COLLECTOR’S EDITION, but the BEST are AVAILABLE in the SE version TOO.  

There are COLLECTIBLE fortune nuts, for which there is an OPTIONAL purpose near the END of the game if you collect them all.

AND you get to CHOOSE THE ENDING. I love games that do that!

Bonus Content (It’s A Long List)

BONUS CHAPTER that sounds like it will be a sequel.

There are ACHIEVEMENTS, COLLECTIBLES and a TROPHY ROOM.

WALLPAPER, CONCEPT ART, SCREENSAVER, VIDEO, PICTURE CALENDER, MUSIC (these all looked good to me)
    REPLAYABLE HOGs & PUZZLES.

INBUILT STRATEGY GUIDE

This all sounds rather prosaic when what I’m really trying to say is I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, OH IT’S SO ADORABLE I LOVE IT!!

VERY PROUD to be one of the reviewers (AND OWNER OF COURSE)  of your 50TH GAME ERS – YOU’VE EXCELLED YOURSELVES.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 pm

I really liked this one, but I was unhappy that we had to kill something.  There were some very Disney elements to this one, like having to kill a baddie and the singing cutscene.  That was a little weird Laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Yes, singing in games is not what you'd call normal. A recent game I played also had singing in it, and I think it was an ERS again, but I can't remember which game! I had decided not to say anything in the review so as not to spoil the surprise. OH!! I remember - it's the beta for Dark Tales 6! And it's very well done and adds a real noteof melancholy to the character.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am