Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Empty Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella

Post by genkicoll Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 am

Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella
    by Blue Tea Games - May, 2013

Series links: Dark Parables 1: Curse of Briar Rose, Dark Parables 2: The Exiled Prince, Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen, Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters, Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella, Dark Parables 6: Jack and the Sky Kingdom, Dark Parables 7: Ballad of Rapunzel, Dark Parables 8: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide, Dark Parables 9: Queen of Sands

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Dark-parables-the-final-cinderella-ce_feature

For decades, a mysterious witch, known as the evil Godmother, has been hunting maidens in search of the legendary "Cinderella." Play as the fabled detective, rescue the Final Cinderella from the evil Godmother's clutches, and stop her evil plans to conquer the world!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus Gameplay - The Oriental Cinderella
    • Extra Puzzles
    • Brilliant soundtracks
    • Expertly crafted wallpapers

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Th_screen1_Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Th_screen2_Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat May 23, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 7 times in total
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Empty Re: Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella

Post by GIs1stluv Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 am

OMG it's here. And I just happen to have two credits sitting on my account...
    volnole68
    volnole68

Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella Empty Re: Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella

Post by volnole68 Fri May 24, 2013 5:23 am

Same here Luv!!
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Finished it. Took me about three hours to do the entire game. I haven't done the bonus yet.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri May 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Only three? OH! I hope the bonus has some decent length to it, at least!
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Post by GIs1stluv Fri May 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah, only three. I played it straight through. Couldn't stop. I don't know if it's my familiarity with the company now or if it was easier, but I did it on casual mode like always, and it seemed easier to me.I didn't use the hint, but did need to use the strategy guide a few times when I got stuck and couldn't figure out where the heck I was suppose to go next. There was their typical hint at the next game at the end. You'll all have to tell me what you think, but I'm pretty excited about it.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 am

Eye Candy, A Little Flawed
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

It’s Dark Parables, right? So that tells you two things right off. It’s gonna look BEAUTIFUL, and it’s a FRAGMENTED OBJECT game. Right on both counts.

However, I was disappointed to see that some of the ARTWORK was GRAINY, harking back to a look we haven’t seen since Curse of the Briar Rose. Luckily, the HO SCENES are not like that. For the most part we are talking delightful colour, imaginatively created objects and a SUMPTUOUS FEAST for the eyes.

The GAMEPLAY is a lot of FROGS, each visited twice, with a scattering of PUZZLES as well. The ADVENTURE COMPONENT is LIMITED.

Like all the games in this series, there is an overwhelming list of COLLECTIBLES.

• 45 Parable pieces, which give you interesting twisted fairy tales
    • Cursed Objects – 20 morphing
    • Royal Clothing – 4 pieces each for the previous Cinderellas

No sign of ACHIEVEMENTS, but collecting these items reap unspecified REWARDS.

There is a INTERACTIVE MAP, but no jump function. NO JOURNAL. HINT is DIRECTIONAL.

There is a new twist – a CUTE COMPANION. I’ll let you find out about him yourself.

All of this is encased in a very COMPLEX version of the original FAIRY TALE, including cameo moments from past Dark Parables.

BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

In keeping with past Dark Parable games, I expect all of the above – COLLECTIBLES & CUTE COMPANION included, will not be exclusive to the CE game.

What you WILL get is:

*Integrated SG (didn’t show much in the demo, so I can’t give an indication of time)
    *Wallpapers, Art, Music (locked so I don’t know how it looks)
    *Replayable Puzzles & NEW ONES (allegedly anyway)
    * BONUS CHAPTER, which looks like fun. You go into the PAST and play the tale of ONE OF THE PREVIOUS CINDERELLAS, an ORIENTAL.

I played the FULL HOUR (2 Chapters of an unknown number), and still feel as though I have only scratched the surface of the treats in store on this one. 4.5 of 5.

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:58 am