Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess

Post by genkicoll on Tue May 21, 2013 11:06 am

by NovoPlay - May, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish

Join the beautiful demon-huntress, Vida, on her investigation into a series of mysterious kidnappings in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess!  Travelling across the Victorian countryside with her wereferret friend Black, Vida hunts for evil spirits. Her mission is to save the world from the creatures of Shadow, but she has encountered a new challenge. Vida must find a missing princess. Join Vida in her battles with vampires and werewolves in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure!

• Fine art and graphic effects
    • Ten hours of gameplay
    • Hundreds of hidden objects

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

To the world you may be one person;
    but to one person you may be the world.

Re: Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess

Post by JustTheFacts on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Wow! Gotta Love This, HO Gamers! *****

I loved this game almost immediately. The MAIN MENU gives you 4 ILLUSTRATED options for LIGHTING, as well, in OPTIONS you can set the GAMMA. Excellent start!

The intro was interesting and eye catching. The backstory was well told by VIDA, your character, and I was looking forward to finding out what was going on.

I have to say upfront, the GRAPHICS are NOT GOOD. INTERESTING, ATTRACTIVE, but NOT HIGH QUALITY. There are also black screens between scenes. After a few minutes of playing, I just DIDN’T CARE.

This is an almost PURE HO GAME. There is an ADVENTURE COMPONENT, but it’s nothing much. The getting around is INTERMEDIATE DIFFICULTY. 90% of the game is HO SCENES. They are drawn in a fantastical style that can make it DIFFICULT to see SOME ITEMS, and the low quality doesn’t help, but it is still FUN. They are not interactive.

There are also A FEW MINI-GAMES, but they are outnumbered, so far, 2 HO to 1 PUZZLE.

What makes this game SO MUCH FUN is the CHARACTERS. There are EXCELLENT LIP SYNC’D VOICOVERS, and subtitles, BOTH of which can be TURNED OFF. But there’s no way I’d do it.
    VIDA, the Huntress, and her not-so-cute COMPANION, are in a constant BATTLE OF WITS. And they are FUNNY. Other characters are also amusing. Exactly what everyone is up to is really INTRIGUING. And why do I have a bad feeling about this Count?

There is an INTERACTIVE MAP that shows you active areas and HO scenes in each location, and when an area is cleared. It is NOT A JUMP MAP.

HINT is really INTERESTING. Outside HOS, it offers you a picture of the areas around you, with ITEMS TO BE FOUND there, or TO BE USED there. Very unusual.

There are also ACHIEVEMENTS and COLLECTIBLES. The collectible stars give you AN EXTRA TYPE OF HINT.

I know many REVIEWERS will oppose me on this, saying the GAME is TOO EASY, and POOR QUALITY.

HO GAMERS, IGNORE THEM! Try this game for yourself. I’m having the best time I’ve had in a SE game since ages!

I recommend this game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:18 am