Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Rite of Passage 2: Child of the Forest

Rite of Passage 2: Child of the Forest

Post by genkicoll on Thu May 16, 2013 11:40 am

Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest
    by Mad Head Games - May, 2013

Series links: Rite of Passage 1: The Perfect Show, Rite of Passage 2: Child of the Forest, Rite of Passage 3: Hide and Seek, Rite of Passage 4: The Lost Tides

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

The town of Willow Ridge has long lived under the everlasting night of the Dark Forest, protected only by the Great Lighthouse, which keeps the nightmarish trees at bay. Your husband Alan has been haunted by dreams of a ghostly woman becoming him, believing she has the answers to saving the town. As he goes to investigate, the lighthouse erupts into fire. Was it sabotaged from inside the town or a darker force? Your search for answers will uncover the history of your town and the Forest Rite that has been tradition for countless generations. Hold onto the light in Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest, a fantastic Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Achievements & collectible acorns
    • Downloadable wallpapers and soundtrack
    • Bonus mini-games and concept art gallery
    • Bonus game play chapter featuring an epilogue

For the Standard Edition

• Blog Walkthrough
    • Strategy Guide (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue May 05, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

To the world you may be one person;
    but to one person you may be the world.

Re: Rite of Passage 2: Child of the Forest

Post by JustTheFacts on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 am

Something Really Special*****

This game really is something SPECIAL. It marks a whole new standard for HOPA games. The BEST OF GAMES will now have to measure up to its VARIETY in GAMEPLAY, GRAPHICS, even MUSIC, the complexity in STORY & DELIVERY, and the sheer INNOVATION of this game.

Along with the expected GORGEOUS & BEAUTIFULLY DRAWN graphics of the bulk of the game and the HOS, there are also “MINI-SHOWS”, which are cartoon-style movie clips that give you BACKSTORY but are also MISPLACED OBJECT scenes!

As well, this game offers the BEST SOUND TRACKS I’ve heard. There are 10 MUSIC tracks, UNLIKE anything I’ve heard elsewhere. The AMBIENT SOUNDS, from the thunder crashes to the tweetiest of little bird songs, are DELIGHTFUL & REALISTIC.

The VARIETY in the HO SCENES is AMAZING. I stopped counting the different STYLES at about EIGHT. There are LIST styles with DIFFERING levels of INTERACTION, FRAGMENTED OBJECTS, SILHOUETTES, MULTIPLES OF, PAIRS and some I don’t even have names for, because I’ve NEVER SEEN them elsewhere. The intriguing thing about the LISTS is that the item does not disappear when you find it. It MOVES to reveal a piece of a PUZZLE you need to finish off the HOS.

The HOS are the bulk of the action, but there are some really fun PUZZLES along the way. Not many, and not hard. Another INNOVATION is the INVENTORY PUZZLES. An item shows in your inventory with a + sign, which means you need to either click it a few more times to get it just right, or you must combine it with something else, or you must solve a mini-puzzle in order to use it.

SKIP is quick (on easy), HINT is DIRECTIONAL, and you have an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP that shows you active zones, and a photo of each location.

The STORY starts out fairly slow and a little LOW KEY. A town is surrounded by a DARK FOREST, and their only protection is the LIGHTHOUSE. When that is threatened, the town is in real trouble. Your husband, the lighthouse keeper, enters the forest to investigate, and you follow him. Not for long, though, the TREES attack you and drive you back into town, and your husband disappears.

As the game progresses, ANOTHER STORY comes to light, that of a BOY LOST to the forest, whose memorial statue stands in the main square. What really happened to ETHAN? Who is CLARA and what is she up to? And how does any of this CONNECT to your husband?

You have a DELIGHTFUL adventure of about 4-5 HOURS in which to find the answers.

I recommend this game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 pm