Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island Empty Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island

Post by genkicoll Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 am

Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island
    by MicroProse - April, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island Mysteries-of-the-undead_feature

Explore the zombie island and break an ancient curse in Mysteries of the Undead! What caused the disaster? Was it a virus or magic? Many years ago a dark blight turned the citizens of a small island into bloodthirsty zombies. A research team from the floating laboratory Perseus is the only one capable of eliminating the threat of an epidemic.

• 40 different game locations
    • Unique and eerie setting
    • Thrilling action story
    • Exciting and dangerous adventure

Click images to enlarge
    Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island Th_screen1_Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island Th_screen2_Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island Empty Re: Mysteries of the Undead: The Cursed Island

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:24 am

ANOTHER Truly Excellent Pure HO Game

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

Do you like CRYSTAL CLEAR REALISTIC GRAPHICS, a minimum of SOUND effects, background noise and SUBTLE MUSIC, with sliders to allow you to set the levels you want?

Do you want to play an adventure where the GAMEPLAY is STRAIGHTFORWARD and doesn’t involve crazy uses for odd objects, where some doors are unlocked, and NO COMPLEX PUZZLES are keeping you away from your goal?

Do you want to visit HO SCENES with a slight interactive component, but most of all, beautiful EASY-TO-SEE OBJECTS?

This game is for you.

“Mysteries Of The Undead” has a STORY which lets our imagination run free. A mysterious illness has befallen an island in the Pacific (= GREAT LOCATIONS), and people are turning into blood thirsty monsters. Your team is coming to the rescue, but are shipwrecked on the way in. Now you must not only survive, but find your team mates as well.

The game is a bit of a HANDHOLDER (not for the expert crowd), there is an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP to tell you where to go next. HINT is helpful outside the HO scenes.

The HO scenes are the clincher here, they are SUPERB. They involve a LIST where the total number of items is larger than the panel, so you have to keep checking back. I like that added layer of difficulty. There are a large number of interactive items in each list. The last, inventory, item is highlighted at the end.

My only complaint is the ‘sheathed sword’ needed in an otherwise totally modern environment. There have also been a good variety of locations for the scenes already. My room, the beach, an office, underwater...

There was only ONE PUZZLE, and that was a very easy one, even for me, and skip took literally 15 secs.

There are 10 ARTIFACTS TO COLLECT, and these interact with specially marked places to give you a needed item.

This game is a brilliantly designed game for those HO players who want a class act with some purpose to the action, without the stress and trials of a full HO Puzzle Adventure. There is more to it than other HO games but not complex enough to frustrate.

Excellent choice!

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm