Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema Empty Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 am

Fear for Sale: Nightmare Cinema
    by Elefun Games - April, 2013

Series links: Fear for Sale 1: The Mystery of McInroy Manor, Fear For Sale 2: Sunnyvale Story, Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema, Fear For Sale 4: Phantom Tide, Fear For Sale 5: The 13 Keys, Fear For Sale 6: Endless Voyage, Fear for Sale 7: City of the Past, Fear for Sale 8: The House on Black River, Fear for Sale 9: The Dusk Wanderer, Fear for Sale 10: Hidden in the Darkness

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema Fear-for-sale-nightmare-cinema-ce_feature

Uncover the secrets of a spooky old theater in Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema! When the entire audience disappears from a film screening at an old theater downtown, you must go behind the scenes to find out who is responsible for the crime. But things quickly go from weird to worse when you finally realize where the missing audience members went. You’ll need all of your investigatory skills to solve this case and escape the Nightmare Cinema before the screen goes dark forever!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • In-game Strategy Guide
    • Sensational Screensavers
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema Th_screen1 Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema Th_screen2 Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema Empty Re: Fear for Sale 3: Nightmare Cinema

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:27 am

Action Packed Blockbuster

Sunny Sunny SunnySunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

GAME SUMMARY & BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

This game is jam packed with things to do. MORPHING OBJECTS, COLLECTIBLES, ACHIEVEMENTS, HOs (25) and PUZZLES (30).

There are POINTS to earn and a good old-fashioned game TIMER (3 hours 15 mins for main game, 1 hour bonus game). There is even a JIGSAW alternative if you get bogged down in a HOS.

At first I thought it would be overkill, but no, it was just fun. Let’s face it, we’re always looking everywhere for odd bits and pieces, now we get points for it!

The story’s fun too. Viewers at a rundown old cinema are entering, but never leaving. Now a workmate’s gone too and it’s time for you to find out what’s happening. We run into an old ‘friend’ in the course of our investigation, and that makes it all the more intriguing.

One nifty thing this game has I don’t remember seeing before. The item in a window (say, that you’ve just picked up) overflows the window, giving it an almost 3D effect. I really liked it.

The GRAPHICS are quite grainy, don’t know what the story is there, seems deliberate.

I liked being able to choose the volume of SOUND, environment, voice and music separately too.

No matter which way you look at it, this game is a world of fun.

Bonus Content Review

At one hour for the bonus chapter, this game is about par with other CEs I’ve played. I’d say it was alright. Nothing spectacular, but you continue looking for some collectibles and morphing objects.

The story was an appropriate epilogue, had new locations HOs and puzzles, and finished explosively. But it didn’t inspire. Maybe it was just me.

Either way, there's all those lovely incentives, but I’m wondering, how many of them are exclusive?

As well as those listed above, we also have STRATEGY GUIDE, WALLPAPERS, SCREENSAVERS, CONCEPT ART, MUSIC, and places for viewing COLLECTIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am