Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite) Empty The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite)

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 am

The Invisible Man
    by GFI - February, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC

The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite) The-invisible-man_feature

Griffin’s quest for invisibility has left him labeled as a “crazy scientist,” and he must leave his sweetheart behind as he flees to escape his persecutors. Unravel the mystery of Griffin’s strange experiment in this suspenseful hidden object game! You will solve puzzles and meet a cast of devious characters in your quest to find the truth. Will you be able to find your beloved Griffin before he disappears forever?

• Find your sweetheart!
    • Unique storyline!
    • Exciting puzzles!

Click images to enlarge
    The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite) Th_screen1_The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite) Th_screen2_The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite) Empty Re: The Invisible Man (IHOG-lite)

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 am

Dark & Brooding, HOG Heavy***

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    I like it. I know it was panned by the critics, but I like it. Yes, it is dark, and yes, it is mostly HOPs, but if you are into creepy and like HOPs that are challenging, there is a lot to say for this one.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics are good, clean and well drawn, nothing fancy, but competent. The primary colours are brown, grey, green. Dingy brown, grey and green. The images are also very dark, often dirty and occasionally a bit gross. It’s all part of the atmosphere. There are no real cut scenes, just transitions. The sound track is quiet in parts, nerve-abrading in others. The storm outside the village of Iping is tremendous, and thank goodness there are inside locations! Or we’d be overwhelmed. No voice acting, no real interaction with the other citizens we observe from time to time.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
    Your sweetheart is a ‘mad scientist’ convinced he can create the formula to make things invisible. He is off in some hotel doing his experiments when you get worried about him (I forget why) and go to see him. He seems to have run away from an avalanche of bad feelings among the people at the Inn. You follow him to the village of Iping, where things are even worse! Seems everywhere he goes, people hate him. Yet he’s done nothing wrong. You set about trying to fix things for him.

GAMEPLAY
    As said, lots of HOPs. They are interactive word lists, with the interactive items indicated on the list, but no cursor change in the scene increases the difficulty. Also, the game ‘cheats’. My word for the tendency to hide objects almost completely behind others. Also, there are dark corners where items are hard to see. You have to like a challenge in your HOPs if you are going to enjoy this game. There is also a click penalty!

There are few puzzles, and they are easy, with a quick skip button. The adventure play is logical and somewhat linear, although not as much as many other HOP dominant games. There is a directional hint which, when it shows you the final location where you need to be, discharges itself, and so you must wait. But this only happens on the last direction needed to put you in the right place. There is a journal and a task list (separate from the objectives). The inventory system is rudimentary, with inventory on one side, and the objectives – the items you need – on the other, and you can toggle between them.

COMBINED IMPACT
    This game appealed to me first, because the atmosphere was indeed creepy and brooding. And secondly, because the gameplay was simple enough to move easily through the actions needed, but challenging in the HOPs. This game is really designed for a sophisticated HOP addict. HOPA fans will find it a bit too easy, with the emphasis on the wrong kind of challenges.

But we’re not all HOPA freaks. This one is for the HOP players with a taste for the dark and eerie.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 am

Great info, Justie!  Much appreciated!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 am