Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Dark Parables Series Order Contested~

genkicoll

Dark Parables Series Order Contested~

Post by genkicoll on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Posted at Big Fish by ScarletteSpider:

ok, for all my fellow perfectionist anal retentives OCD'ers out there (lol not meant to be an insult, I just admit to my faults/assets) I think I have the proper order of how these games are played according to how the stories unfold.

The logic I'm following is this:
    1) In ExP the story states that whenever one of his princess loves dies, he reverts/transmogrophies back into a frog.
    2) That in order to be human a princess must fall in love with the frog prince and kiss him before he transmogrophies back into a human
    3) Snow White is one of his loves
    4) Near the beginning of the RotSQ you see a frog prince freezing in the snow next to the broken down carriage
    5) Snow White is in a glass coffin shrine in ExP
    6) SW/SQ is trying to save her son that is afflicted with the same type of coma she once endured
    7) Briar Rose tells us that the prince died waiting for her to wake up
    8) The end of ExP actually hints big time that RotSQ is the next game being released
    9) Historical and literary research tells us that the Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Snow Queen stories are a trilogy about the same royal family. Each story was designed to teach certain life lessons to royal young ladies about to be wed about the perils of marriage, politics and men in general.

Soooo...
    The ExP gets cured of his frog curse and reunites with SW. They have a son and according to the stories, he goes off to fight some war. While gone their son falls under a similar curse that puts him into a coma. Then the prince comes back, gets cured by the detective. Then SW falls under the coma and the prince dies waiting. Then the detective cures SW/SQ, her father and her son. And then many years later her curse is finally lifted fully by the detective.

So If I got this figured out correctly, ExP comes before RotSQ even though they were released the same year.

If my logic is sound then the order is:

Exiled Prince
    Rise of the Snow Queen
    Curse of Briar Rose
    Red Riding Hood Sisters

Haven't played RRHS yet so I may amend this theory if that story proves to reveal more clues as to the true sequence of events according to how Blue Tea Games is rewriting these Faerie Tales.

Hope this helps, cuz it niggled the living daylights outta my brainpan and I just hate it when I get things out of order. Messes with the "readers trance" when the story unfolds out of order.

ScarletteSpider

Re: Dark Parables Series Order Contested~

Post by ScarletteSpider on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:26 pm

SPOILER ALERT!!!

ok Genki, u talked me into it, i'm all signed up here lol.

Finised RRHS and I definately have the right order for the games according to the story (not in order of release.) Our favorite heroin ghost shows up in RRHS and just about confirms definitively that I got the order correct. Woot Woot! Just so's ya know lol Smile

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Nice, Scarlette! That puts an interesting spin on the overall story Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:32 am

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:32 am