Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Austim, Asperger's and other Autism-Spectrum Disorders

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Austim, Asperger's and other Autism-Spectrum Disorders - Page 2 Empty Re: Austim, Asperger's and other Autism-Spectrum Disorders

Post by genkicoll Tue May 21, 2013 12:27 pm

My sister passed along a poignant video, and I just have to share it with everyone.

Meet Carly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBzJleeOno

She is a non-verbal autistic, like my youngest, but unlike mine, she found a way to break her silence. This is a ten minute video, and worth watching multiple times, even if you know nothing about autism. For those of us who have a non-verbal in the family, it was not only awe-inspiring, but tear-inspiring as well.

This is not some boring video about statistics, but the story of a real girl and the things she has had to live with for her whole life.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Austim, Asperger's and other Autism-Spectrum Disorders - Page 2 Empty Re: Austim, Asperger's and other Autism-Spectrum Disorders

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:15 pm

I was just standing a few feet away from my eldest as she played a game when the following occurred:

Her, without looking at me: "Don't even think about messing with me."

Me, grinning: "You know me so well."

Her: "Unfortunately."

Me: "Unfortunate that you know me so well?"

Her, completely deadpan:  "Unfortunate that you're so predictable."

Belly laugh
    Justgaming
    Justgaming

Post by Justgaming Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Beautiful!  You are just going to have to stop being so predictable.  Whistle
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu May 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Courtesy of Sassylassie:
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Eldest was told that she needs to find a new dentist because she's too old to see a pediatric (children's) dentist now. After my experiences with a new dentist recently, I went home to talk to her about changing to this new guy. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Hey, I found you a new dentist! He's young, he's cute, he's Korean, he's super-nice, and I think you'd get along great!"

Her: *eyes shining with anticipation* "Really? He's Korean?" 

(We watch Korean dramas, which is why that was so exciting to her)

Such a typical response from her, just not the response I was expecting! I figured she'd zone in on the fact that he's young and cute, but no; it's the fact that he's Korean that she's excited about. Mahaha Belly laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm