Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Christmas Mahjong

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Christmas Mahjong Empty Christmas Mahjong

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:56 am

Christmas Mahjong
    by 8Floor Games - December, 2012

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac
    GameHouse
    iWin

Christmas Mahjong Christmas-mahjong_feature

On this wintry night you can plunge into the magic of the traditional Christmas story in the spirit of Dickens and play mahjong in six unique locations! Earn trophies and use special golden tiles and rare wandering tiles to earn more points on your rise to victory. Complete over 100 unique levels in six unique locations, discover classic and dynamic layouts, and collect heaps of gifts on Christmas night! Give yourself the gift of Christmas Mahjong and all the trophies will be yours!

• Over 100 Christmas-themed levels
    • Over 6 hours of gameplay
    • Bonuses and trophies

Click images to enlarge
    Christmas Mahjong Th_screen1 Christmas Mahjong Th_screen2Christmas Mahjong Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Christmas Mahjong Empty Re: Christmas Mahjong

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:07 am

Pleasant Christmasy Game

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

This Christmas-themed has only some of the standard features I would expect in a mahjong game. What does have is:

• 20 different boards  x 6 locales (from Newbie to Grand Master) = 120 levels
    • Shuffle and shade blocked tiles bonuses
    • 3 types of tiles – original, Christmas and large print
    • High scores and Achievements
    • Colourful Christmas backgrounds
    • Pleasant almost Christmas music

To progress through the levels you must meet the goals set for each board. These are:

1. Remove a certain number of gold tiles
    2. Receive so many points (points are awarded on time taken between moves and involve a multiplier)
    3. Complete the board in a set number of moves

The board is finished once the number of gold tiles is complete. Points can be multiplied by increasing the speed of your play, the moves set are not necessarily the minimum possible (yet at least), but they are a challenge after the first few boards. If you do not reach all the goals in one try, say you didn’t have enough points but the other goals were reached, you can replay it focussing on the points and no need to repeat your performance on the other goals.

What I didn’t see was an indication of the number of matched pairs were available. I really love this feature, so this game has lost its appeal for me.

If you are looking for a Christmas themed game, this is fine, but nothing extraordinary.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 pm