Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+13
JustTheFacts
Esme
Yolanded
Justgaming
luvtoread
GIs1stluv
Hespera
_DD_
ScarletteSpider
volnole68
Sable
genkicoll
fuzzbuzz
17 posters

Hi to all I'm new here..

Yolanded
    Yolanded

Hi to all I'm new here.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi to all I'm new here..

Post by Yolanded Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:09 am

Mouse with Cheese  thank you at all
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hi to all I'm new here.. - Page 2 Empty I'm JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:41 am

Hi all

I'm JustTheFacts, and I am here because I like to play, review, talk about games. In fact that's all I talk about (except my cats and books).

I am going to try posting a few of my game reviews here, and see if you like them or have any comments for me.

Being totally new to any kind of forum, you'll probably have to bear with me while I get the ropes.

Hi genkicoll - I made it Happy bounce
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:45 am

YAY for all the new members!!! Welcome!
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:05 am

Hi, Just, and Welcome!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:25 am

Thank you!
    Justgaming
    Justgaming

Post by Justgaming Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Just, I'm Just too.  OH!  Looking forward to your reviews.

And, to anyone else I've missed Welcome!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:41 am

So glad you made it, Justie! Happy bounce

I've merged your game reviews into the existing topics so that they'll be easy for everyone to find.

These should be very helpful:

IMPORTANT: To Disable Auto-Watching of Topics
    Helpful Links and Forum Info 

I need to update the Search function tutorial, but in short, use the search box at the top right of the forum to search for topic titles.  When I went to move "The Last Days," I did a search for 'Last' and didn't get a hit :Huh:  so I searched for 'Days' instead, and that's how I found the topic.  I don't know why it does that, but thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

You might just want to use the Links to Game Indexes & Other Lists, which have links to all of the game topics I've made here at GGG.  If you have a review for a topic that doesn't exist yet, just start a topic (as you did,) and I'll make sure to get the game info in there. Sunny
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks genki, will do that first thing tomorrow (1am here, and i should be asleep)
    Yolanded
    Yolanded

Post by Yolanded Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:59 am

I read the review in BF very often, I'm glad to see you here
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 am

That's cool, Yolanded, I have seen your name occasionally on BF, glad to meet you!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello everyone: I'm Sportygal2009 but you can just call me Sportygal or Sporty is fine. I must say I was quite surprised actually shocked by the invite here cause I really haven't interacted with too many people until right before the chit chat closed I did get involved in the adventurous fish thread and did one group play for the Art Of Murder Puppeteer game. While yes I did post at Big Fish but mostly the word games and some other discussions. I love to play games and review them. I had always posted reviews just to the main page but just recently started putting them in the forum at Big Fish. Thanks again for the invite though.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Yay, you made it~! Happy bounce

Here are some helpful links to help you get started:

IMPORTANT: To Disable Auto-Watching of Topics

RE: The Flashing Boxes at the Top of the Forum

Helpful Links and Forum Info <--lots of great general information

As for your wonderful reviews, ALL game topics are alphabetically indexed.  You can find these threads pinned in each section, or you can find the ALL of the links in this thread: Links to Game Indexes & Other Lists

If you want to start a topic called Links to Sportygal's Game Reviews  in THIS section, you can edit in links to your game reviews as you make them.  I can also help you keep this list up-to-date if you don't have time to add in the info.

I encourage everyone who wants to have easy access to their reviews to have one of these lists, so if anyone else is interested, please feel free! Sunny
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:25 pm

OK you'll have to forgive me because I'm not too computer bright as I've never done anything like this before. So how do I go about linking my reviews from Big Fish to here? What exactly do I need to do.  For example if I want to link my most recent game review Sea of Lies?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Linking them in from BF is a problem, actually Embarrassed  If you want to link in your reviews on the BF forum, you can, but if anyone deletes a post ahead of yours, the URL will change, and the one you've posted will no longer point to your review.  I don't know of a way to link to a specific review on the game pages, either.

In order to keep a list of links to your reviews, the reviews will have to be re-posted here at GGG, and then you'll have non-changing links that you (and we!) can access easily.

I really would like to have your reviews here, but I understand if it sounds like too much work.  Sorry I wasn't clear about that when I messaged you.
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Oh I have no problem doing this but just confused on how I do it. When I click on that THIS section I know I would start a new topic called Sportygal's Game Reviews but what do I do after that? Do I need to put something in that box that says description?  And the big white box like I'm doing right now typing this post out I put my game review info here but where and how do I do the links is what I'm confused about. Forgive me but I've never done anything like this before.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh, no worries at all, I'm just glad you're willing to give it a try! 

To start a new topic, enter the part of the forum you'd like the topic to be in (be it in the Lists section, the Bright & Cheery area, or wherever.)

Find the New Topic button, which will on the right-hand side towards the top of the page (or if you want to start a new topic in an area where you're reading a post, the button will be next to the Reply button, both at the top and the bottom of the thread.

Click on New Topic.  Under Title of Topic, type in whatever you want the topic name to be.  ie. This topic is called "Hi to all I'm new here..."  There's no need to put anything in the Description -- I only add that part on bundle deals so that people can see what games are in the bundle without opening the thread.

Type whatever you like in the box, then scroll down until you see the Send button.

Voilà, you've started a new topic!  You can edit your posts and topics at any time by clicking on the Edit button at the bottom of your post(s).

If you need more help finding the game topics, just let me know!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh I understand all that but what I'm confused about is when I start my new topic in the white box is that where I put my game review info? How do I get the links inserted in. Maybe I'm not asking this right. I don't know I'm just confused. Sorry! Oh and then I just do like a "reply" to my topic to put in my next game review?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm

OH!  Sorry, I misunderstood!

Here's how it works:

1. Since you don't have a review index, the first thing you want to do is make a topic called Links to Sportygal's Game Reviews  in THIS section.  In the white box where you type your reply, just put RESERVED, or something like that.  You'll come back to it later, so maybe open a new tab (on your browser) to do your reviews in.

2. Find the game topic that you want to post in.  You can try typing a bit of the title (ie. Whispers) in the search box and find the game that way, or you can use game indexes.

3. Once you've made your post, copy the URL in the address bar at the top of the page. (If you need to know how, just let me know Smile  )

4. Go back to the review index you created and hit the Edit button.  Type in the name of the game, then paste the link in underneath it.  When you're done, hit the Save button.

Here's an example from my list:

The Gift (IHOG)
    https://genkisgamegab.forumotion.com/t1181-the-gift#2321

You don't have to use this specific format, it's just the easiest way to me.

If you don't have time to add the link(s) to your index (and see that I haven't done it for you,) you can still get the URL, even after someone else has posted in the thread.  Here's how:

Find your review post in (whichever) game thread, then click on the title that shows at the top of your post, right above your name.  I may not be explaining that well, so here's a visual:
    Hi to all I'm new here.. - Page 2 Aa-top10

Now the URL at the top of the page is the one that leads directly to your game review, and you can copy it over to your review index!

Let me know if you need more info!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Well I do believe I've got it. I put my first view in here. Yahoo!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Yes, I was just looking at that!  Way to go!  Clap
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 pm

I thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.  Well that's one review done and only 140 to go. I'll work on my other 140 reviews a bit at a time. This is a pretty cool set up you've got how you can track the reviews. Happy bounce
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I do have a question. I have done reviews for the Millennium Secret games: Emerald Curse and Roxanne's Necklace. I do see them listed here but no links so where do I put these reviews?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 pm

I'll go and make topics for them right now!

If/when you come across this again, just create the topic and leave the first post "reserved," like you did for your game index.  Then you can go ahead and make your review, and I'll come in and add all of the info to the first post as soon as I see it Big smile
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh OK! Thank you! Once again thanks for the invite here. This is really neat how we can do our reviews and track them.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Being able to do this is one of the reasons I decided that having this be my own place would be a good idea Sunny

Just a side note, but you aren't re-typing all of those reviews, are you?  It should only take a few minutes to copy and paste the whole review(s) from where they're posted at Big Fish Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm