Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
JustTheFacts
jessmom01
RenaissanceMom
genkicoll
8 posters

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals

genkicoll
    genkicoll

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 Empty Re: GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 am

Indie Gem Promo: Outlast
    An epidemic of violence.

Outlast, a terrifying stealth-based survival horror game with parkour elements, full of sickening insanity and unscrupulous violence, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $7.99 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 0e7bfab10abb641311fbe852acba97232c4ec93a_smallIn the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

Outlast is a first-person perspective horror game, that has you fighting for survival (as in: hiding or running in panic) in a nightmarish mental asylum overrun by hellish maniacs possessed by unnatural bloodlust. Deep and immersive gameplay paired with excellent visuals and competent narrative will make you jump in your seat time after time. The game is full of ideas prominent to the horror genre and makes perfect use of each and every one of them. With a story and characters inspired by actual asylums and cases of criminal insanity, diverse hide or run gameplay with parkour elements, and many gruesome images that one can not simply forget, this title offers one of the most involving and terrifying experiences in the history of gaming. You have been warned.

This evening, you could be facing the greatest fears gaming has to offer, sitting in a dark room on the very edge of your chair, heart racing, with sweaty palms and dry lips, playing Outlast, for only $7.99 on GOG.com! The 60% discount offer lasts only until Thursday, January 30, at 10:59AM GMT.
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 Empty Re: GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals

Post by jessmom01 Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Did you guys watch the trailer for Outlast?  Holy crap, that looks freakin' terrifying!!  EEK!   JasonKnife
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Nah... This part made it unappealing to me:
    full of sickening insanity and unscrupulous violence

I'm much more interested in Huntsman (Daily Royal deal)
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:48 pm

I agree, Huntsman looks like a better game, at least for my psyche.  I'd rather let my overactive imagination take me on the trip.  Got this weird thing about gratuitous "sickening insanity & unscrupulous violence" being (just imho) unhealthy for the head - mine, at least.  That game description appears to be totally accurate btw.  I love d&e spooky but don't want to be scared sick by over the top blood & gore horror. Heck, I've never watched a Freddie Kruger movie or any of the other gory ones with a cult-following.  yeah, i'm a big wuss, but that's cool. i prefer sleep to be nightmare-free.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Classic Gem Promo: Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
    Roamed the post-apocalyptic landscape before it was cool!

Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic, a post-apocalyptic open world full of awe and danger, as imagined in a 1988 RPG, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $2.39 for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 7e094ffce7e083189fd8188e03f2473b22440009_smallThey say that ever since the nuclear holocaust, America is no longer a place for heroes. They say, that it is no longer the land of the free. Son, that's a goddamn lie, that's what it is. In the atomic wasteland of the year 2087, there is still room for bravery, justice, and order. There are men and women standing guard to what is left of civilized society, facing villains, mutants, bandits, and monsters on daily basis. When everyone else just gave up, they roam the ruins of our nation's sinful past, and do the impossible to bring law back to the badlands. They are the Desert Rangers, and this here, is their story.

Back in 1988 Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic (or just Wasteland back then) took the fresh memory of living in constant fear during the Cold War, reached for the aesthetics of the Mad Max movies, added solid cRPG mechanics, and offered gamers an experience that would soon inspire a whole gaming sub-genre. The open-ended free-roam gameplay, paired with incredibly rich and suggestive setting made a lasting impression on everyone who dared to visit the nuclear desert. With challenging difficulty level and great variety of NPCs, quests, and locations, this fantastic title is still a blast to play! The game comes with the official Wasteland Survival Guide, a quick-reference card, and a music album to set the mood for your post-apocalyptic adventure.

Do you remember playing this title, or maybe you'd like to see how the gaming post-apo craze has begun? Pick the slightly updated version of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic, for only $2.39, on GOG.com. The 60% off discount offer lasts until Tuesday, February 4, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_the_classic_original
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 am

Indie Gem Promo: Battle Worlds: Kronos
    Hexagons forever!

Battle Worlds: Kronos, a deep turn-based strategy game with very modern looks paired with old-school mechanics and hex-based presentaion, is available 50% off on GOG.com, for Windows and Mac OS X. That's $14.99 for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 Fd1e94e415592574f5376b59737472e8618cdc96_smallIf you're an old-time military strategy gamer, Battle Worlds: Kronos will bring back many of your fondest memories. The playfield alone, divided into countless orderly hexagons, looks irresistibly familiar. Time-proven turn based mechanics allows for careful planning and provides room for the cleverest of stratagems. We're not big on the term "spiritual successor", as it is widely overused by modern game designers, but this is the spiritual successor to the classic Battle Isle series, if we've ever seen one. In this ambitious title, two single-player campaigns provide up to 30 hours of challenge and satisfaction, further extended by special maps and--of course--multiplayer modes, including the evergreen hot-seat option. Pair that with visuals absolutely perfect for a mid-range Sci-Fi strategy game, and what you get is a title no armchair general could possibly resist.

Bring order to the chaotic and dark times of the succession wars and lead humanity to victory--well, a part of humanity at least--in Battle Worlds: Kronos, for only $14.99 on GOG.com. The Indie Gem Promo offer lasts until Thursday, February 6, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/battle_worlds_kronos
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 am

TWO special promos today!

Classic Gem Promo: Shadow Man
    Take a walk on the deadside!

Shadow Man, a remarkably dark and gripping action-adventure game based on the voodoo-filled comic book series, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $2.39 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 91d099c6b1c4eefa1b9715e6475a2fadec51cc87_smallThey say that magic of blood is the ultimate kind of magic. It pleases the mighty dark spirits of the Deadside, giving its user power that no human being should ever wield. But the human soul is easily corruptible by such temptations. There are always those, who would reach for the forbidden fruit. They will kill to taste it. They will kill again to keep it. But the Man of Shadows, the traveler between the worlds, stands guard. His destiny is to maintain balance between the Deadside and the Liveside. By the power of gruesome voodoo artifacts, he's implored to stop all strife--by any means necessary.

Shadow Man is a third-person perspective action game that will amaze you with its dark story and aesthetics. You will explore two overlapping worlds, held together by the power of eternal magic. The nonlinear gameplay will take you to numerous impressive locations with many terrifying enemies to defeat and clever puzzles to solve. If you enjoy action games with deep and unique setting, solid gameplay, and dark mood, you can't go wrong with this comic book-inspired classic!

Start your fascinating journey through the dark realms of bloody magic and madness in Shadow Man, for only $2.39 on GOG.com, today! The offer lasts until Tuesday, February 11, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/shadow_man

Special Promo: IGN's Year of Adventure: King's Quest 1+2+3
    Let's go adventuring!

Pick up King's Quest 1, 2, and 3 for 60% off--and go read IGN's Year of Adventure retrospective on the series here!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 9ff53fef9a85cdc649575ea6cdc74f1b408bbc15_smallThe cool cats over at IGN have decided that this year they will run a "Year of Adventure" series of retrospective of some of the best adventure games ever made. We heard about that and said, "Fantastically good classic adventure games? The devil you say! We have loads of those here at GOG.com. Maybe we can work together to increase the amount of awesome on the Internet!"

And lo, we have. While we don't have *every* fantastic classic adventure game in the catalog (yet! We're keep trying!), for the games that we do have in our collection that IGN has found to be worth covering in their retrospective series, we'll be offering that game at a great discount for 48 hours after their article runs.

The first game we're offering is the incomparable King's Quest 1 + 2 + 3 series. IGN's article covers what makes these games so compelling--even today--in greater depth than we can in a newspost like this. Check out the article--and the sale--and tell us what you think a critical game for a "year of adventure" retrospective should be in the comments below. The offer lasts until Tuesday, February 11, at 11:59PM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/kings_quest_1_2_3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 am

ndie Gem Promo: Pid + Shelter
    A mighty cheap delight!

Pid and Shelter, two beautiful and heart-touching games form the Might and Delight team, are available up to 85% off today, for Windows and Mac OS X systems, on GOG.com. That's only $2.98 if you get them both, or $2.49 each if you want to get them individually.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 77c0cb0b3a9040c4d43b8608e2224432de001703_small
    Shelter lets you roam the wild as a mother badger, taking care of her jaunty little cubs. The wild is beautiful and bountiful, but don't take Mother Nature's generosity for granted, and don't feel too confident. You'll need to explore your surroundings in search of water, food, and safe haven, while constantly keeping an eye out for the lurking predators. Danger waits at every step, especially for your furry children. Hunger, cold, and death--that's what the fate has in store for them, if you don't tend to them properly. Terrifying as it may sound, the game's beautiful graphics and meditative soundtrack by Retro Family will grant you many moments of awe and relaxed bliss.

Pid is one gorgeous looking game. We're talking storybook quality here. Eerie and twisted as it is, the planet that you explore offers many fantastic sights and wonders to the unwilling traveller. Beauty comes hand in hand with originality in gameplay. The gravity crystals in your characters possession, allow you to float in mid air or shift the gravity pull. With all that unique mechanics, unique atmosphere, and challenging level design, this delightful title will satisfy every platformer fan. The game now comes with the Challenge Rooms expansion!

Don't wait--help yourself to a double-pack of gaming beauty with our Pid and Shelter Indie Gem Promo, featuring both games up to 85% off. That's only $2.98 if you get them both (75% discount rate applies if you only get one game; title already owned on GOG.com counts toward the higher discount rate, so you only pay $1.49 when completing the set of two). The offer lasts until Thursday. February 13, at 10:59AM GMT.

NOTICE:
    It's also worth mentioning, that today the indie sensation of 2013, Papers, Please, received a big language pack update and now offers English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Russian versions. You can now get it with a special 20% off discount (that's $7.99). The offer lasts until Sunday, February 16, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/promo/gem_promopid_shelter_stacking_promo_120214
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 am

What's nice about GOG is that since I already own Pid, I'm being offered Shelter for $1.49.  Elk grin
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 am

Awesome! Okay  Have you played Pid?  I've been waffling about that one.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:32 am

Hi, Genki. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I haven't had much computer time since DH and I share one (can you believe it, lol) and he's had to use it a lot lately.

No I haven't played Pid yet but this is a big part of my New Year's Resolutions: to play each and every game I own.  Overreaction 
    Quitting BFG, at least for a while, will help me get caught up. I don't mind picking up something inexpensive from GOG now and then - and I like supporting them! - but I can't keep stockpiling games. The one game I REALLY want to get at some point is Broken Sword 5, and there are a few others I'm waiting for GOG to get.  Evil Grin  Otherwise, I have enough HOPAs to last a lifetime and will only buy another if it's truly, exceptionally special.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Classic Gem Promo: Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins
    Heed the Dragon Knight code.

Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins, a classic fantasy point-and-click adventure game from Cryo Interactive, is available 66% off for Windows and Mac OS X on GOG.com. That's only $1.99 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 7df1dc7185bbe2a68e25fa4c2ab4714eb9834050_smallIn Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins you become Werner Von Wallenrod, an orphan living in a vivid, surreal realm lost in time. Your father died in mysterious circumstances when you were just a baby. Now, as you reach your majority, it is time for you to learn the truth about your heritage. You are untried, unproven, and now you must take up the sword, shield, mace, and battle-ax to claim your rightful place among the legendary warriors of the Valley. Can you rally support and defeat all who oppose you? Can you attain the rank of Dragon Knight? Can you discover the truth and avenge your father’s death? Plunged into a terrifying world of fear and horror, your quest for truth begins.

Embark on a fantastic journey into the obscure, yet fascinating realm of Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins, for only $1.99 on GOG.com. The 66% off discount offer lasts only until Tuesday, February 18, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/dragon_lore_the_legend_begins
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:51 am

Indie Gem Promo: Defender's Quest
    A perfect mix of tower defense and RPG, now both in fantasy and Sci-Fi flavor!

Defender's Quest, an addictive mixture of tower defense and RPG set in a world shattered by mysterious disease, is available 83% off, on GOG.com. That's only $2.49 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 901d201b5fc698a9b94431620b02810768961c01_smallDid you ever want to have special psychic powers that would let you toy with souls of living human beings and bind them to your will? Please don't answer. Azra, the Royal Librarian, never asked for such a thing. In fact, she never asked for any of the ordeals that fate put her through. But--willing or not--she's become a hero and the future of her homeland depends solely on her. All because of her suddenly discovered ability to turn her companions into etheric specters and command them like pawns around a battlefield existing outside space and time. Wanna hear a secret? She's starting to enjoy it.

Defender's Quest does many things that many games fail to do. First of all, it's a tower defense game that never gets boring. That's mostly achieved by mixing in many RPG elements. That leads us to another thing that this game gets right--mixing genres. Nine times out of ten combining so very different gaming philosophies will backfire. Here, we've got the lucky number ten, that managed to hit the sweet spot and emerge as a perfect and seamless combination. The gameplay here is just as much enjoyable and intuitive, as it is fresh. The brilliant, unforced humor serves as the cherry on top. You'll be enjoying this game for hours. Be warned, though--it's quite addictive! The game comes with a full MP3 soundtrack and an official mod turning the original fantasy campaign into campy Sci-Fi flick.

Answer the mysterious call, grasp the mystical power, and face the ominous force that plagues the Valley of the Forgotten. Are you prepared for hours of enthralling gameplay? Get your copy of Defender's Quest, for only $2.49 until Thursday, February 20, 10:59AM GMT.

If you'd like to try the game first, here's a lengthy browser-based demo (with the ability to export your saved game to the full version, so you won't have to start over after you decide to buy it).

http://www.gog.com/game/defenders_quest
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:57 am

Classic Gem Promo: Carmageddon 1 + 2
    Gentlemaniacs, start your engines!

Carmageddon 1 + 2, the infamous games of ruthless racing rivalry and motorized metal mayhem are now available bundled 70% off, on GOG.com. That's only $5.98 for the set of two, for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 095ff323a15230fe891b710be38b12b90aa75020_smallAh, automobile racing! Such a classy sport. The pinnacle of friendly rivalry, fair play, and finesse. There's quite no other activity a gentleman could enjoy more on a Sunday afternoon in the company of his good chums. I know there are some unprogressive circles proclaiming automobile racing to be brutish, morally corrupt, and unworthy of a true gentleman. I say! It's hard to understand all that public controversy surrounding our favorite pastime. Some accidents are bound to happen, but risk is a crucial ingredient of every elite entertainment. It's certainly not like we are putting anyone but ourselves in the harm's way. The thought that a gentleman driver could run over a pedestrian with his automobile is simply... pedestrian. I can't imagine how this noble sport could ever become unfair, not to mention brutal. Absurd notion, I say. Absurd!
    --Sir Harold M. Damage, April 1908, Dullbottomshire

It's safe to assume that Carmageddon 1 + 2 bundle offers one of the highest currency to badassery exchange rate available anywhere in the known universe. The amount of manic aggression, high-speed mayhem, chrome, steel, gasoline, and blood splatter you get for your buck will not be matched easily, even by grindhouse cinema. Both being interesting racing games offering a peculiar driving model and a plethora of creative elaborate tracks, the Carmageddon games excel in the portrayal of vehicular violence. It's a very bad idea to drive angry in the real world, here--in the game world--anger will lead you to victory in most cases, as you don't need to finish the race at all to win. Nope. It's enough to make sure that all the other drivers don't finish at all. Poor Sir Harold, he couldn't have seen that coming.

Don't miss your chance to equip yourself in two of the most effective and entertaining stress-relieve apps in existence, that is Carmageddon 1 + 2, for only $5.98 on GOG.com. That's 70% off on the bundle of two. Both titles also available separately, 60% off, that is for $3.99 each. Games already owned on GOG.com count towards the higher discount rate. The offer lasts until Tuesday, February 25, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/promo/gempromocarmageddon_carmageddon_2_stacking_series_240214
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:17 am

Indie Gem Promo: Volgarr the Viking
    Völgarr the Überbeard to friends.

Volgarr the Viking, a fantastic action-oriented indie platformer true to the spirit of the classics of the genre, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $4.79 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 E73008eda1582c0cc7be169d4dffbb353527efbc_smallVolgarr the Viking is a game quite in tone with how we imagine Vikings. Badass, straight to the point, ready for epic deeds, with not much time for stories until there's fighting and looting to be done. Stories are better left for long winter nights, and enjoyed while sipping mead by the hearthfire. Right here, right now--it is the time for action. This game offers some actual classic hardcore arcade action, made even more enjoyable with support for Dinput and Xinput controllers. There's seven worlds to explore across 30 maps, all bristling with high quality handcrafted pixel animation. On your way, you'll run into over 30 unique traps and enemies, including huge bosses that take up the entire screen!

Put on some heavy metal through your speakers and get yourself in the mood for an old-school platforming challenge with Volgarr the Viking, for only $4.79, on GOG.com. The Indie Gem Promo lasts until Thor's Day, February 27, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/volgarr_the_viking
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 am

Classic Gem Promo: Sanitarium
    Welcome to where time stands still. No one leaves and no one will.

Sanitarium, a psychological thriller of an adventure game, taking you deep into the deranged realm full of morbid and unsettling visions, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $3.99 for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 6827559e9cc69fd8f4bb4de0205e9eb1782c61be_smallI am alone in here. I enjoy being alone. I'd prefer to be left that way. It's a little bit cold here, but I don't mind. I'm comfortable. I'm not hungry and I'm not thirsty. I don't miss my mommy. Not anymore. I think I kind of forgot what she looked like. I just want to sit here and play with my doll. In the night time the angels come to cut her open. I can hear them whispering. That's the only sound they make. Their wings are silent, just like owl's. I pretend I'm asleep. Otherwise, they might cut me open too. In the morning I'm sewing my doll up, but with each day it gets more difficult. One of these days, I won't be able to fix her and I'll have to just leave her open. Angels in the night won't have any other choice but to open me, instead. Will you come again, then? Please sir, will you come to sew me back up? I would like that. I think I'd prefer to sit here, alone and whole rather than be left open. Can you promise me, sir?

Sanitarium is one of those games that you don't forget easily. Gameplay-wise, it's a traditional adventure title with top-down isometric visuals, and not much gimmicks. But when it comes to the story, this one takes you way out of any sane man's comfort zone and puts you in the middle of an insanity-fest. Your surroundings are creepy, the characters you meet are eerie, and the protagonist has no memory of his past. Tiptoeing over the fine line that separates life and death you try to unveil the terrifying reality hidden behind the horrors of your character's visions. If that's not the perfect premise of a psychological thriller game, than we truly don't know what is.

Dare to cross over into the twisted, deranged world that engulfs all who visit the Sanitarium, for only $3.99 on GOG.com. The Classic Gem Promo 60% off discount offer lasts only until Tuesday, March 4, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/sanitarium
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 am

Indie Gem Promo: Democracy 3
    Now you're the Man.

Democracy 3, a robust simulation of society and politics that puts you in charge of a realistic virtual country with layers upon layers of complex dependencies and important social factors to follow at any given time, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $12.49 for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 6603b3a6051c966170eb13e8a196e33d25fe5848_smallAs long as everything runs smoothly, no one will even notice--or appreciate--your work. A competent government can be pretty much invisible. Efficiently governed states are like fine-tuned engines. They run silently. It's when you hit a bump is what gets you noticed. Pass one regulation that doesn't agree well with a particular social group. Revoke a privilege. Raise a tax. Quiet and civil modern societies turned into medieval angry mobs with torches and pitchforks over lesser things. Tread lightly. Of course, sometimes it's impossible to avoid conflict and please all the sides. No, scratch that. It's almost never possible to do so. There you have it--just when you thought public office is all comfort and peace. You couldn't have been more mistaken. But then again, miracles do happen. Are you a political miracle-worker?

Democracy 3 is a deep and complex simulation of the modern society, that presents you with a meticulous model of a living, working, breathing state and puts you in charge of its happiness and well being. With a ton of in-depth statistics allowing you to see what exactly your citizens feel and think, your political career should be so much easier than in real life where your knowledge of public opinion would depend solely on flawed opinion polls, social analysis, and guesswork. But even with that advantage running a society can be difficult and you will--from time to time--fail. Should that be the case, you could always pick up the Social Engineering expansion for only $4.99 more, and try to put a positive spin on your shortcomings. The world of modern politics waits to embrace you welcomingly, with its slightly sticky fingers.

If you ever, even once, felt upset by what the people in charge of your country are doing, try walking a mile in their shoes in Democracy 3, for only $12.49. Who knows, maybe you'll discover you CAN do it better, and end up going into actual politics? Anyway, the Indie Gem Promo offer lasts only until Thursday, March 6, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/democracy_3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:03 am

Classic Gem Promo: The Longest Journey Series
    Opening before you amazing worlds to explore--and save!

The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, two chapters in one of the most enchanting stories ever told in adventure games, are available bundled together 70% off. That's $7.48 for the complete set of two for the next 24 hours! Games also available separately, 60% off.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 159a72e33df1735e844eb5545b0004fbfe420a4b_smallOne of the most memorable and cherished titles in the history of adventure gaming is The Longest Journey, a magical story of two very different worlds, that seem to be doomed to collide. April Ryan, a young arts student, unwillingly drawn into an interdimensional intrigue, is the only person who can make a difference. What she doesn't know embarking on her quest, is that there's much more than meets the eye to each of the worlds, and that they're not as far apart as the first impression suggests. The phenomenal story had to wait six long years for continuation, but it finally arrived in the form of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, a gorgeous and powerful vision that just begs to be visited. With more action-oriented gameplay and a full 3D environment, the sequel explores and expands the story of its predecessor to create a satisfying and enthralling experience, worthy of its legacy.

If you're looking for some brave new lands to visit, lands that will amaze you and fill you with awe, you can't go wrong with The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, for only $7.48 on GOG.com. The 70% off bundle offer is available until Tuesday, March 11, at 10:59AM GMT. The games are also available separately with 60% off discount. Titles you already own on GOG.com count towards the higher discount rate.

http://www.gog.com/promo/gem_promothe_longest_journey_series_stacking_promo_100314
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 am

Indie Gem Promo: Long Live the Queen
    Survival of the sweetest.

Long Live the Queen, a complex political thriller full of violence, hate, and tough choices, masked by deceptively cute visuals, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $3.99 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 C52f0e0749b06f2caf08f61940684eef359b226c_smallLong Live the Queen is a brutal game. Your heroine will try to escape the many dangers awaiting a young heiress to the throne, and will often fail, ending up dead, leaving the kingdom at mercy of it's many enemies. Luckily, you'll be able to back up on your mistakes, probably just to witness another death of the princess. When you're but a child, suddenly burdened by the crushing weight of responsibility, every little decision you make might prove to be your last. This complex and challenging royalty sim will crush your hopes many times, before you manage to protect the princess until the day of her coronation. There are secret plots at play, invaders at the gates, dark magical forces hiding in plain sight, assassins lurking in the shadows, and way too many suitors trying to get their hands on the young heiress' heritage. With non-linear gameplay, and great depth this cute-looking title will take even the most experienced gamer by surprise!

If you thought that the life of a princess is full of bliss, ballroom dancing, cotton candy, and ponies, it's about time you faced the terrifying truth in Long Live the Queen, for only $3.99 on GOG.com. The 60% off Gem Promo offer lasts until Thursday, March 13, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 am

Not looking, not looking, not looking...
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:12 pm

lol~ I don't think it's your kind of game, anyway, Justie Wink
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:53 am

Classic Gem Promo: Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition
    A hack and slash hidden gem.

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (also known as: Kult: Heretic Kingdoms), a sleek isometric fantasy action RPG with many interesting gameplay ideas, set in a vast gritty world deprived of hope, but filled with monsters and dangers, is available 50% off today on GOG.com. That's only $2.99 for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 14e2a3db1c4b5dda4bac5a76fa0d54679957c56a_smallAt the first glance, the sword seemed like nothing specia. Yes, the craftsmanship was excellent, and you could see that its creator went to great lengths to make the weapon look as ominous as a piece of steel can get, but there were many similar blades across the land. If anything, this one looked a little bit rusty and battered up. It was only as she reached for the hilt, when a slight vibration could be noticed. Like an electric charge hitting her hand. For a moment, the blade seemed to be gleaming--barely noticeable inner shine. What she thought to be flakes of rust shined in crimson red, like fresh blood embedded into the metal itself. But then, nothing special happened. She just stood there, holding the sword, looking at it in silence. Nobody else would even notice, but she knew. In her hand, rested the blade that tasted the blood of god. The Godslayer.

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition is a classic action-rpg that has the ambition of delivering some original ideas an making your experience unique. It makes sure that upon completion, you won't just feel like you've completed another generic hack-and-slash. It succeeds by the means of excellent storytelling, dynamic gameplay, and some original RPG mechanics. If you are a fan of the genre, but somehow you managed to overlook this title in the past, you're up for one satisfying experience! The GOG.com edition of the game comes with a full MP3 soundtrack.

Adventure awaits, so go on--discover the land that needs hope and decide if it deserves it in Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition, for only $2.99 on GOG.com, until Tuesday, March 18, at 10:59AM GMT.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 am

Indie Gem Promo: Redshirt
    The final frontier of online privacy.

Redshirt, a deep-space station sim game that's a spot-on satire on social media "relationships", as well as a smart Star Trek parody that should resonate nicely with the series' fans, is available 75% off today on GOG.com. That's only $4.99 for the next 24 hours.

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 F3a374db6440ff7846f2b79ed6e1004df4090afb_smallSocial Networks: The Final Frontier of human privacy and dignity. This is Redshirt, a comedic deep space life sim focusing on online social life of the crew of a space station. Their mission in life: to post the pictures of their odd looking, tentacle waving lunch on their Spacebook profiles, to stalk their crewmates private holograms, to boldly collect more "friends" than anyone collected before. Fair warning: in this game, your character is low-ranked deck hand wearing a red uniform. On a deep space mission. In space. Avoid being put on away teams at all cost! This game is an absolutely bonkers look at life in the future, mixes together strategy, interpersonal conflict, Sims-like professional development--and a fair measure of Machiavellian inter-station politics--into a solid bundle of fun that's sure to amuse anyone who's a critic of modern society's habit of sharing, liking, posting, pinning, plussing, and friending so much that they miss the alien about to eat their face.

If you scorn social media and everything they stand for, you can still see what is that you actually hate without being forced to tweet, like, share, or tumble, by keeping it all in a great trek-themed sandbox environment provided by Redshirt, now for only $4.99 on GOG.com. The 75% off discount offer will last until Thursday, March 19, at 10:59 GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/redshirt
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 am

Classic Gem Promo: Theme Park
    Little pixel people, great entertainment!

Theme Park, a classic, complex, and colorful amusement park management sim from Bullfrog Productions, is available 50% off for Windows and Mac OS X on GOG.com. That's only $2.99 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 287dffee7241df6857a45e68e8250c2f463b9ea8_smallPut more salt in the popcorn and raise the price of soda: this is how big bucks are made in Theme Park, a classic amusement park management game from Bullfrog Productions. Yes, snacks play a big role in your business, but let's not forget about all the amazing rides and attractions you can build to make your little pixel visitors happy. Give them roller coasters, ferris wheels, love boats, haunted houses, and bouncy castles and they'll keep coming back for more. This amazing classic offers you the option to manage every little detail of your park's design and economy, to make it the best--and the most profitable--in the world. With colorful graphics, surprisingly deep mechanics, and tons of light-hearted humor, Theme Park is sure to entertain you for many carefree hours.

Get into the business of entertaining the pixelfolk and design the greatest money-machine in Theme Park, for only $2.99 on GOG.com. The Classic Gem Promo 50% discount offer lasts until Tuesday, March 25, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/theme_park
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

ndie Gem Promo: Teslagrad
    Magnets! How do they work?

Teslagrad, a steampunkish side-scrolling adventure with electrifying mechanics, great audio, and charming visuals, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $4.99 for the next 24 hours!

GOG's 24-hour Monday & Wednesday Deals - Page 4 65141ba57ab4fc81bd633b240c829a0bd9623853_smallSir Arthur C. Clarke once said that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. That's a good thing, cause sometimes to make a real difference in the world one needs nothing short of a miracle. When social injustice and oppression seem to have drained all hope from the hearts of the people, even the smallest spark of light on top of the mysterious tower seems like a shining lighthouse. Now, if only the people weren't scared too bad to raise their eyes and look towards it. Guess you'll have to make it shine much brighter!

Teslagrad presents you with an intriguing story that will capture both your imagination, and your heart. In this non-linear puzzle platformer, you'll be utilizing the powers of magnetism and electricity to unlock the many secrets of the abandoned Tesla Tower. With over 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments and rich and immersive--yet voiceless--storytelling, this competent title has every chance to become one of the shining gems of its somewhat crowded genre. The creators went out of their way, to create an experience that will draw you in and keep you invested in the adventure. No loading screens, no GUI, just the mesmerizing soundtrack, the intriguing puzzles, the colorful gameworld, and you.

Ready to bring a whole new spark of electricity to your gaming life? Get Teslagrad, for only $4.99 on GOG.com. The 50% Indie Gem Promo discount offer lasts until Thursday, March 27, at 10:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/game/teslagrad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm