Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Anna - Extended Edition

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Anna - Extended Edition Empty Anna - Extended Edition

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

Anna - Extended Edition
    by Dreampainters - September, 2012

Available at:
    Desura
    GamersGate
    Steam

Anna - Extended Edition Header_292x136

Anna is a first-person horror adventure that explores the darkest depths of the human psyche. Set in an abandoned sawmill nestled high in the mountains, Anna challenges you to uncover horrific clues and use them to solve puzzles related to your character’s dark past.  As you play, Anna will unlock locations and unveil new secrets. The way you play will not only determine the mental health of your main character, but will also lead to one of three possible endings.

Key Features

• A haunting tale of psychological terror
    • Three possible endings, each determined by the player’s actions in the storyline
    • Physics-based environmental puzzles
    • A faithful 3D recreation of the Italian countryside and a sinister sawmill that await your exploration
    • Atmospheric in game soundtrack
    • Brain-twisting puzzles to solve and horrific clues to uncover

Extras included:

• Photos of the real-world sawmill location
    • Complete soundtrack
    • Main character’s notebook in English and Italian

Anna - Extended Edition Ss_6f3cceca92d7c888539cc66758158728e01cabaa.600x338
    Anna - Extended Edition Ss_9f6b0f8cc321b96e9965b3c5ed47389c9fdaebda.600x338
    Anna - Extended Edition Ss_18c95baf61c76ee9197313ed77c60a284a0f7c77.600x338

Controls:

---W-------A------S------D
    Forward - Left - Back - Right

Left-click - Do suggested action or Skip Dialogue line

Right-click - Examine object

I
    or Center Mouse button - Open / Close Inventory

C
    - Crouch

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Anna - Extended Edition Empty Re: Anna - Extended Edition

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am

The game is reportedly only about 3 hours long, but it looks very interesting, especially with three different endings!  I'd want to play to see all three endings, so that would make it more worthwhile to play :D

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Frodo, here's what happened when I downloaded Anna: Extended Edition from GG:

I got a small download file from them, and when I ran it, a rectangle box with GamersGate's logo popped up showing me what I was downloading and how long it would take (estimated, of course) to finish up.

When it was done, the setup automatically popped up, and it installed just fine... but that's here at work, on my WinXP computer. 

When I tried to enter the game, up popped a nice big add, where I had to enter my serial number.  That's fine... I found out that there's a new The Dark Eye game coming out in October! OH!  Glad to have seen that!  Of course, I don't even own Memoria, yet, but still! Laugh

After that, you have to enter your email address and password (reminiscent of Big Fish's game manager, don'cha think?)  Except that this is not GamersGate-related, it's the Kalypso Launcher, and I had to make an account to play.  What a pain, but I guess it's no different than me getting a game at GG and having to redeem it on Steam!  I opted to have the newsletter since I track all this game stuff, but it IS optional. Wink  (Fly, they do NOT sell any of your personal information -- always a MAJOR plus!)

And now there's a 1GB + update that needs to be downloaded, so I can't tell you any more until tomorrow -- I'll be headin' for home long before it finishes!

More Anna saga for you tomorrow~! Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:37 am

This morning I installed the update (which was the extended edition,) logged in to the game manager thingie again (it had saved my info, so easy enough,) and started the game.

It's beautiful.  Idyllic.  Lovely music, babbling stream, just beautiful and peaceful.  I know that won't last -- this IS a horror game, after all, but I just sat looking around in every direction (literally -- it's a 360 game) and enjoying the ambiance.

That's all for now.  Next time I post here (assuming it's not a response to something) will be with a review~! Sunny
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Genki, I don't get as far as the Setup box.  I download it, and at the end of the download, I get that pop up about 'Failed To Open File'.

If I ignore that popup, and click on Setup in the Gamersgate temp file (that appears when I try and download), it says 'Error please ensure you have the correct dvd in your drive'   Cry 

Hope you're enjoying the game though   Smile
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Genki, still enjoying Anna?   Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:47 pm

I haven't been able to play -- been too busy!  I haven't even gotten True Fear installed yet, if that tells you anything!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am