Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Unsolved Mystery Club 2: Ancient Astronauts

genkicoll

Unsolved Mystery Club 2: Ancient Astronauts

Post by genkicoll on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts
    by Freeze Tag, Inc.

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse Premium Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Five explorers have disappeared while searching for evidence of Ancient Astronauts! Join the Unsolved Mystery Club in the hunt for the missing explorers and unlock ancient secrets of the past. Explore exotic locations around the world and uncover artifacts supporting the existence of visitors from other worlds in Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

For the Standard Edition:

• Strategy Guide (Big Fish)
    • Walkthrough (Gamezebo)

Click images to enlarge

genkicoll

Re: Unsolved Mystery Club 2: Ancient Astronauts

Post by genkicoll on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts (IHOG)

What a beautiful game this is. I got thirteen images from the game that will make good banners at some point, and one of my favorites was taken from a HOG scene!

Options include sliders for Music and Sound, but there is also a MUTE button. You can choose custom cursor, widescreen, full screen or windowed.

When you start your profile, you have two choices for difficulty, Casual and Expert. The only difference is how long it takes the hint button and skip button to charge. I played in Expert mode, and I wish I hadn't, because the few times I wanted to skip a puzzle, it took forever to load!

You start the game out at the Unsolved Mystery Club headquarters, but it's not long before you're off on your first journey, which lands you in Mali, Africa. From there, you will visit Cairo, Egypt; the Palenque Jungle in Chiapas, Mexico; the Nazca Desert in Palpa, Peru; and New Swabia, Antarctica. The graphics for each section are stunning in their own way, looking nothing like the previous sections (as it should be, considering we're in entirely different regions each time!)

Peru and Antarctica seemed a bit short, as compared to the first three sections, but then, those first three seemed to be really long, so it all evens out. Big smile

The CE content gives you one more chapter, which was located in the Andes in Tiwanku, Bolivia. This section didn't really expand on the story, and it seemed kind of short to me. That and the puzzles were all the same, with varying difficulties. If you buy CE's just for the bonus chapter, you probably wouldn't find it to be worth the extra price.

For me, though I generally don't use strategy guides, I found this one particularly helpful. Maybe it's because I just wasn't as observant as I should have been, but I really needed it a few times. Silly face

There are six sound tracks to listen to in the Extras section, and the wallpapers (alas!) are not from gameplay. Instead, you have 12 wallpapers consisting of concept art. Don't get me wrong, some of the concept art is definitely wallpaper-worthy, it's just that the graphics in the game are so beautiful that I was hoping for some walls from the finalized artwork.

The game is, overall, incredibly good, and I definitely don't regret getting the Collector's Edition. I enjoyed every minute of the game, and highly recommend it to any IHOG-adventure-lover.

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 am

I bought this game quite awhile back. It is quite different from the first one about Amelia Earhart. That one was pure H. O. For some reason I never finished this second one, just got real close to the end and never touched the bonus.
    Wonder if they'll continue on with this series

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:14 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:14 pm