Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus

genkicoll
    genkicoll

magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus Empty The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 am

The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus
    by Two Desperados - September, 2012

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus The-dreamatorium-of-dr-magnus_feature

Step into the shoes of detective Sarah Green and solve the mystery of a missing town doctor in The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus. The town doctor, Dr. Magnus withdrew from society following the tragic death of his wife and daughter in a car accident. In his despair, Dr. Magnus became obsessed with the idea of contacting the souls of his loved ones. He began conducting ever more dangerous experiments ruinous to his own health until he himself, disappears. What secrets will be revealed in your investigation?

• Solve unique puzzles
    • Uncover mysterious magic
    • Put your detective abilities to the test
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus Th_screen1 magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus Th_screen2magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus Empty Re: The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus

Post by Sportygal2009 Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 am

DELETED

Last edited by Sportygal2009 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

magnus - The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus Empty Re: The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:07 am

Based upon your review, this looks like a GOOD one to get as a Daily Deal today!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:12 am

Somewhat Childish  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I have now tried 3 times to get into this game and it just doesn’t work. At first, I thought it would be pretty cool. It has COLLECTIBLES & ACHIEVEMENTS. And the GRAPHICS aren’t too too bad – they are bright, and the items are big, so even though the graphics overall are FUZZY, at least on my large monitor, I could overlook that.

Admittedly, I usually enjoy music in a game, but here the MUSIC is seriously ANNOYING, and I had to turn it down. But that’s not enough to reject a game.

And I prefer games that are  HOS HEAVY, so the ALMOST TOTAL LACK of PUZZLES was not a deterrent.

I think I finally put my finger on the problem when I realised  that it read like a children’s book, even though the story is not necessarily a children’s one. It’s not overly ‘cute’ and there are no fairies, big bad wolves or blind mice in it. But I did make it to the end of the game this time, and it was very CLEARLY AIMED AT CHILDREN.

Also, there are a lot of black bar comments in this one, and they were of the ‘well done you’ve found the treasure!’ and ‘oh! What will she find next?’ kind. And the story instalments are each small and simple. And often, repeated.
    The gameplay would have been okay for a HO game that was light on puzzles, but the adventure component was maddening. There was almost no way to guess which would be the right place to go next.

And after you have been to a location, got the UNHELPFUL ‘there is nothing to do here’ HINT response, and moved on, the next time you go there, there’s the item you need lying on the ground. On the other hand, the inventory bar would get so filled up sometimes, that that might have been worse. Very annoying.

A lot of random clicking was the only way to get through the game – and of course there was a penalty for that! (Ok, that’s only in the HOS)

The thing is, all these things wouldn’t have fazed the average kid at all. So if that was their target audience, they’ve actually done a good job.

And so it is to them that I say...  

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am